Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,549 members, 7,948,122 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 02:27 PM

Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name (25713 Views)

Exam malpractice :This is when teachers start getting their rewards in heaven / 10 Things You Didn't Know About Covenant University: World Universities Ranking / Amazing Words You Didn't Know Existed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by segzy17: 11:02am On Nov 26, 2017
Right move in a right direction
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by zicoraads: 11:05am On Nov 26, 2017
Estherfabian:

HUH?
You are not Esthar.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by TEAMvido(m): 11:16am On Nov 26, 2017
deepwater:
Lol

Truth be told, this is a circus race
The people of northern Nigeria know what they want, for sure western education ain't part of it!

The northern leaders know this as well, but they need more money from UN and the World Bank to get to their region only, hence they pretend to be more interested upgrading the face of education in the north.

You think that's not smart, it's a used and certified template. It is fail proof!

For over 2 decades the north have always occupied ELDS in JAMB, thus making them get access to tertiary education with scores as much as the number of teeth in an adults mouth. Successfully they release same educated illustrates into the labour market on quick transit to FG establishment on the shoulders of the almighty quota system. This is the only reason any northerner occupying top position in the civil service (CBN, NNPC, NTA, DPR, NIMASA, FAAN, NPA, et al) MUST have graduated from ABU Zaira or BU Kano.
Chances are slimmer than none to see them attend Unilag,unn,futo and graduate with good results, in the first place they won't meet the admission cut off point undecided

Now I ask, over the years why haven't the ELDS treatment and quota system enable some tangible evidence of growth?

√ Buhari told word bank chief to focus on the north

√ Kaduna governor wants to sack teachers (the school would need qualified teachers and the state can't afford, hence a policy must be developed it attract foreign aids on this)

√ Buhari gave a speech in support of the Kaduna state government move (when did he become Minister of education)

√ wait for the international aids funds for school teachers in northern Nigeria

√ they kept the southern youths busy with scampering over a one thousand Naira per day job called npower

√ the big fish is going to the north sooner than you receive your first month npower SALARY
Connect the dots....

next time just make as it short as possible .....
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by Awoo88: 11:17am On Nov 26, 2017
Penalty82:
"According to the questions leaked to the media, the teachers were asked questions relating to their fields and basic current affairs questions. For instance, one of the questions asked was, “What is the name of the executive governor of Kaduna State?” to which one of the teachers answered, ‘Nasiru’; while another teacher, asked to name two qualities of teaching aids, simply answered, “Stick is a teaching aid; book is a teaching aid”.
Is stick not a teaching aid in Nigeria Those things children in public schools are hit when discipline is call what
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by deepwater(f): 11:19am On Nov 26, 2017
TEAMvido:
next time just make as it short as possible .....

I am sorry
My thoughts are not short but deep.
For I am deepwaters

Now take your short thoughts off my mention hence u drown.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by Yello1(m): 11:21am On Nov 26, 2017
It saddens me that some of these teachers couldn't discharged their duties because of incompetency. However, it is easy to judge people wen you are d judge. All nigerians need to write a competent test b4 any one can castigate the failed teachers. Then after this, we surely will know who can criticise others and those who should shut up. I am sure some governors wil fail the sed exam if subjected to such under same circumstance.
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by LordAdam16: 11:22am On Nov 26, 2017
KardinalZik:
As far as I am concerned, this is the only reasonable thing any APC Governor has done.

Shehu Sani is totally wrong this time. EVERYTHING MUST NOT BE POLITICISED.

I get your point, but go easy on Sani's position.

El Rufai is owing salaries, he hasn't paid those salaries. And he has no intention of paying those salaries after disengaging the teachers. Moreso, he agreed with the union that teachers who failed will be re-trained. Then he unilaterally made a u-turn. It is not proper.

Is the competency test the right thing to do? Yes.
Is it grounds to fire the teachers? Probably (I'm not an expert in industrial and civil service law).

However, if he had a deal with the Teachers' Union to retrain teachers who failed the test, he shouldn't renege on that, simply because he no longer wants to pay the wage bill of 20,000 people who have outstanding wages. Then use public outrage to justify not honoring an agreement.

After all, it was the same Teachers' Union that helped organize the test.

I'm not even going to talk about unilaterally increasing the cut-off mark, as that is fairly justifiable.

-Lord
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by funso4life(m): 11:22am On Nov 26, 2017
Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group:
https:///GUKLWpzwBY9HzLX9WdmYNj
Kindly share this group link to your friends who are writing UTME dis year dis group is created to tutor jambite on the use of English ,various topics from jamb syllabus will be treated and many questions will be posted and solved ,,your questions are also entertained and solved as well,kindly join the group
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by netmillionaires(m): 11:24am On Nov 26, 2017
The question was about the qualities of teaching aid. A good example is what will make a cane to qualify as a teaching aid. They didn't ask them to name some teaching aids
Awoo88:

Is stick not a teaching aid in Nigeria Those things children in public schools are hit when discipline is call what
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by Originalsly: 11:29am On Nov 26, 2017
The chairman of NUT is a nut job. Any teacher should be able to score more than 85% on a Primary 4 Level test. If not...they need to be kicked out...not retrained...kicked out.
But the questions show there is really a big problem... the ones setting and approving the questions also need to be tested.
Name two qualities of teaching aids.
Soooo many answers can be correct because the question is broad. Who knows their correct answer? There is a crisis...a national crisis.
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by Boyooosa(m): 11:32am On Nov 26, 2017
KardinalZik:
As far as I am concerned, this is the only reasonable thing any APC Governor has done.

Which one is 'APC Governor'? Can't you express yourself without being a partisan?
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by Forlardara(m): 11:34am On Nov 26, 2017
I don't support incompetency. But we should stop blaming Teachers. How many of you are Teachers? The society is not encouraging the profession. What do you expect when teachers are not proud to be teachers? Treat the teachers financially well and educational sector will be OK.
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by Awoo88: 11:36am On Nov 26, 2017
netmillionaires:
The question was about the qualities of teaching aid. A good example is what will make a cane to qualify as a teaching aid. They didn't ask them to name some teaching aids
No matter how you look at it, stick is a teaching aid. Unless you have not being to public schools in Nigeria. Stick is a good quality teaching aid. There are kids who will do anything avoid being beaten even if it's to pretend to improve. The biggest problem with education in this country is people pretending to advance beyond their actual level of advancement. In Nigeria, stick is used to discourage laziness and improving performance. expecting a teacher to referring to advance clan with modern teaching aid that is not available to he/her is being pretentious. And I bet you, no primary four kid will pass that test.
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by ivolt: 11:42am On Nov 26, 2017
bkool7:
Same test should be conducted on all current political office holders too to verify their level of competency to hold the offices they occupy.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander

How do you determine such competency?
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by NigerDeltan(m): 11:44am On Nov 26, 2017
egopersonified:
next set of tests should be for commissioners, local government chairmen, special advisers, senior special advisers, state directors, personal assistants, ward leaders and others in like category. thanks

U dey mind them?

As if one ambassadorial nominee that could not sing our national anthem was dropped
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by kollinz1234(m): 12:14pm On Nov 26, 2017
KardinalZik:

Brother I think El RufAi Should be given the same exam let's see how good he will do
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by lazygal: 12:18pm On Nov 26, 2017
KardinalZik:

Don't mind that attention seeking,skin bleaching ,philanderer .....he is aiming for gubernatorial election when most probably he won't even clings ticket to retain his senatorial sit....

Noise maker with out substance ..at least el rufai has substance ..great economic strategies but now I don't know what is wrong with him
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by urahara(m): 12:21pm On Nov 26, 2017
kollinz1234:
Brother I think El RufAi Should be given the same exam let's see how good he will do

Elrufai is a brilliant man
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by Heavance(m): 12:29pm On Nov 26, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:
Can Buhari pass that exams? Let's put him to test.

Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by netmillionaires(m): 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2017
I got your point but you didn't get mine... Cane is a teaching aid. Yes I agree. The question now is what makes it a teaching aid.

It is the same as saying cotton is a type of clothing material. Now the question is what are its qualities that qualified it as a good clothing material. You have to list it.
(1) ability to absorb moisture
(2) it is cozy, soft and easy on the body etc

Another way of putting the question is asking a teacher why he is using cane as a tool of educating students. The teacher is expected to explain why he did and state why it is the best tool needed for that situation.

There are reasons for such questions one of which is to find out what qualifies a tool as a good instrument of educating people so that we can dump the tools which are less effective for more effective ones...
Only when we can differentiate between what qualifies a teaching aid as a good teaching instrument can we improve on our system and style of teaching and advance as a nation...

Nigerians now understand that not all forms of teaching bring out the best in student.

moisture
Awoo88:

No matter how you look at it, stick is a teaching aid. Unless you have not being to public schools in Nigeria. Stick is a good quality teaching aid. There are kids who will do anything avoid being beaten even if it's to pretend to improve. The biggest problem with education in this country is people pretending to advance beyond their actual level of advancement. In Nigeria, stick is used to discourage laziness and improving performance. expecting a teacher to referring to advance clan with modern teaching aid that is not available to he/her is being pretentious. And I bet you, no primary four kid will pass that test.
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by madridguy(m): 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2017
So deep.

deepwater:
Lol

The people of northern Nigeria know what they want, for sure western education ain't part of it!

The northern leaders know this as well, but they need more money from UN and the World Bank to get to their region only, hence they pretend to be more interested upgrading the face of education in the north.

You think that's not smart, it's a used and certified template. It is fail proof!

For over 2 decades the north have always occupied ELDS in JAMB, thus making them get access to tertiary education with scores as much as the number of teeth in an adults mouth. Successfully they release same educated illustrates into the labour market on quick transit to FG establishment on the shoulders of the almighty quota system. This is the only reason any northerner occupying top position in the civil service (CBN, NNPC, NTA, DPR, NIMASA, FAAN, NPA, et al) MUST have graduated from ABU Zaira or BU Kano.
Chances are slimmer than none to see them attend Unilag,unn,futo and graduate with good results, in the first place they won't meet the admission cut off point undecided

Now I ask, over the years why haven't the ELDS treatment and quota system enable some tangible evidence of growth?

√ Kaduna governor wants to sack teachers (the school would need qualified teachers and the state can't afford, hence a policy must be developed it attract foreign aids on this)

√ Buhari gave a speech in support of the Kaduna state government move (when did he become Minister of education)

√ they kept the southern youths busy with scampering over a one thousand Naira per day job called npower

√ the big fish is going to the north sooner than you receive your first month npower SALARY
Connect the dots....

Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by adeblow(m): 12:53pm On Nov 26, 2017
egopersonified:
next set of tests should be for commissioners, local government chairmen, special advisers, senior special advisers, state directors, personal assistants, ward leaders and others in like category. thanks
Haba, madam, this is an elective position and this can only be changed by those who elected them ma
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by Mbiapat(f): 1:35pm On Nov 26, 2017
I support your decision mallam Nasir El Rufai
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by Mbiapat(f): 1:38pm On Nov 26, 2017
I support your decision mallam Nasir El Rufai..
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by toprealman: 2:05pm On Nov 26, 2017
I don't know my state deputy governor, speaker, deputy speaker and almost all but 1/2 "hon' members of state house of assembly.
I don't know 70% of our ministers. Ask me why?
They are all figure heads. They do absolutely nothing!
Everyone known that tool....Lai Mohammed.
Not as if he is well liked, but he does his work....lie to well meaning Nigerians on a daily basis.
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by nwakibe: 2:05pm On Nov 26, 2017
The governor shouldn't have disengaged them. He should have posted them to other ministries and parastatals where their services will be needed.
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by Awoo88: 2:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
netmillionaires:
I got your point but you didn't get mine... Cane is a teaching aid. Yes I agree. The question now is what makes it a teaching aid.

It is the same as saying cotton is a type of clothing material. Now the question is what are its qualities that qualified it as a good clothing material. You have to list it.
(1) ability to absorb moisture
(2) it is cozy, soft and easy on the body etc

Another way of putting the question is asking a teacher why he is using cane as a tool of educating students. The teacher is expected to explain why he did and state why it is the best tool needed for that situation.

There are reasons for such questions one of which is to find out what qualifies a tool as a good instrument of educating people so that we can dump the tools which are less effective for more effective ones...
Only when we can differentiate between what qualifies a teaching aid as a good teaching instrument can we improve on our system and style of teaching and advance as a nation...

Nigerians now understand that not all forms of teaching bring out the best in student.

moisture
You just buttress my point. We can have a technological based science or a science that is based on technology. Technology is simply " d way we dey do am". If cane improve performance and discourages laziness, it's qualify as a good teaching aid. Mark you, teaching aid with reference to Nigeria public school. The teacher based his/her answer on what is available to him/her. The things used to achieve whatever results gotten was what was listed. It is the government that should be fired for non making "better" aids available. So my friend, what quality as a good teaching aid depends on who is answering the question and what aids they were exposed to. The teach that gave those answer is not wrong
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by larrybee2017(f): 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2017
Well I may not like the personality of this man on some issue but I think he is right on this one. To say many think the sacking was politicise makes me wonder what exactly do we want as a country.
You are a teacher, expected to improve yourself on a daily basis, impact knowledge on our children and make life meaningful,you mark script to say a child fail or pass because you know what the answer should be,yet a simple test you cannot pass what then do you teach our children?
Have you ever mark script from the northern part of this country? Even here in the south a teacher can't even express herself with simple English. Truth be told we need to sanitize our education sector and we must start somehow.
Any mother who want a better tomorrow for her children needs to support the governor on this one. Other state need to emulate this. Government job should not be seen as a place to relax and make cool money with dead brain, it should be a place where we have best brain willing to give it all it takes to raise our wards
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by EKPETI(m): 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2017
This competency test of a thing should be done by a regulated body and a cut off mark should be set. I want u all to remember that that when PMB was campaigning then he did not pronounce the real name of the vice president appropriately. Should we say is not competent then? Or our Govs who are owing workers sal are competent too?

This case is pot calling kettle black.
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by solinho(m): 3:38pm On Nov 26, 2017
deepwater:
Lol

Connect the dots....

U r too intelligent. Where did u get ur brilliance from? Some people can't reason like this
Re: Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name by kprez(m): 4:43pm On Nov 26, 2017
make we nw fry egg, by d way dem dey go skul for north?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Native Doctor Poses As Vice-chancellor In Imo / UNICAL Students Celebrate Their Graduation In Style (phtos/video) / Lecturer Explains Why Nigerian Youths Prefer Studying Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.