Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,458 members, 7,940,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 11:13 AM

Smiling Human Faces Are Attractive To Dogs Thanks To Oxytocin - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Smiling Human Faces Are Attractive To Dogs Thanks To Oxytocin (640 Views)

Meet Dog That Looks Like A Giraffe, Thanks To Her Incredibly Long Neck (Photos) / see what this product is doing to dogs / Feeding Fish Feed To Dogs. Great Idea Or Another Formulated Story? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Smiling Human Faces Are Attractive To Dogs Thanks To Oxytocin by chily11: 5:03am On Nov 26, 2017
Dogs typically focus on the most remarkable aspect of each situation, such as threatening stimuli in a frightening situation. Recognising and interpreting threats quickly is important for survival. Dogs under the influence of oxytocin were more interested in smiling faces than they were in angry ones.

It seems that the hormone oxytocin influences what the dog sees and how it experiences the thing it sees,” says doctoral student Sanni Somppi. Researchers in the Canine Mind group showed 43 dogs images of smiling and angry faces on a computer screen. Each dog was tested twice: once under the influence of oxytocin, which was administered as part of the test, and once without oxytocin. The dog’s gaze on the images and pupil size were measured with an eye-tracking device. Emotions and attentiveness guide the gaze and regulate pupil size, making eye tracking a window into the dogs’ minds.

https://go2pedia..com.ng/2017/11/smiling-human-faces-are-attractive-to.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Smiling Human Faces Are Attractive To Dogs Thanks To Oxytocin by adontcare(f): 5:12am On Nov 26, 2017
Dogs have common sense pass some human

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Smiling Human Faces Are Attractive To Dogs Thanks To Oxytocin by okikiosibodu(m): 7:49am On Nov 27, 2017
The poster above me is right though, and I must add, many dogs are more loyal than many humans

grin

(1) (Reply)

Female GSD Puppy For Sale In Ilorin / I Need Help Pls / Coco My Gsd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.