Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,716 members, 7,882,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:34 AM

What Players Should Lagerback Not Invite If He Wants To Succeed At The World Cup? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Players Should Lagerback Not Invite If He Wants To Succeed At The World Cup? (559 Views)

Brown Ideye Begs African English Premier League Players Should Stop Using ‘juju’ / Madrid Players Should All Shag My Girlfriend If They Win-- Balotelli. / Which Players Should Arsenal And Wenger Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Players Should Lagerback Not Invite If He Wants To Succeed At The World Cup? by troy34(m): 7:54am On Mar 26, 2010
what players will spell doom for Nigeria if invited & what are your reasons
Re: What Players Should Lagerback Not Invite If He Wants To Succeed At The World Cup? by Katsumoto: 12:00am On Mar 27, 2010
Yobo - very athletic but loses concentration regularly; leading to his team conceding cheap goals
Yakubu - Very lazy and arrogant; expects the ball at his feet with only the keeper to beat. He is very static; unwilling to make opposing defenders run.
Etuhu - thinks football is wrestling
Yusuf Mohammed - takes 3 touches to trap/control a ball
Nwaneri - Another who thinks football is wrestling
Olofinjana - Too old
Kanu - should not play but should be there to guide and motivate
Re: What Players Should Lagerback Not Invite If He Wants To Succeed At The World Cup? by hollandis(f): 4:46am On Mar 27, 2010
@katsumato
Are you a psychic? :oHow did you know what was going through my mind.
@ur last post about kanu-he shouldnt even make the team,okocha is better at motivating grin
Re: What Players Should Lagerback Not Invite If He Wants To Succeed At The World Cup? by Duduknight(m): 3:39pm On Mar 27, 2010
Katsumoto:

Yobo - very athletic but loses concentration regularly; leading to his team conceding cheap goals
Yakubu - Very lazy and arrogant; expects the ball at his feet with only the keeper to beat. He is very static; unwilling to make opposing defenders run.
Etuhu - thinks football is wrestling
Yusuf Mohammed - takes 3 touches to trap/control a ball
Nwaneri - Another who thinks football is wrestling
Olofinjana - Too old
Kanu - should not play but should be there to guide and motivate

I agree with your list; with Yakubu most especially.
Re: What Players Should Lagerback Not Invite If He Wants To Succeed At The World Cup? by Katsumoto: 5:42pm On Mar 27, 2010
hollandis:

@katsumato
Are you a psychic? :oHow did you know what was going through my mind.
@your last post about kanu-he shouldnt even make the team,okocha is better at motivating grin

Ebi like so. grin
Re: What Players Should Lagerback Not Invite If He Wants To Succeed At The World Cup? by Iyineda(m): 6:11pm On Mar 27, 2010
Definitely on the black list:
- Nwaneri
- Kaita
- Shittu (only because of lack of games with club)
- Olofinjana
- Nwaneri
- Yusuf
Hmm, I might be forgetting someone. . .oh yeah, NWANERI.

On the not-so-sure list:
- Yobo
- Kanu
- Ayila
Re: What Players Should Lagerback Not Invite If He Wants To Succeed At The World Cup? by Katsumoto: 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2010
Iyineda:

Definitely on the black list:
- Nwaneri
- Kaita
- Shittu (only because of lack of games with club)
- Olofinjana
- Nwaneri
- Yusuf
Hmm, I might be forgetting someone. . .oh yeah, NWANERI.

On the not-so-sure list:
- Yobo
- Kanu
- Ayila

I think some people are somewhat unconvinced about Ayila because he took a long absence from the Eagles. Ayila is our best DM. He can tackle, pass, and shoot. Ayila is the only DM that scores goals; even Mikel does not score goals. Kaita can tackle but his distribution is poor. Etuhu gives away too many fouls and his distribution is not good. Olofinjana's best years are behind him. I would take Ayila to the WC.

Yobo should go but only as cover. He should not be an automatic starter.

Shittu had not played any games before the NC but he was still easily our best defender and one of the best players overall.
Re: What Players Should Lagerback Not Invite If He Wants To Succeed At The World Cup? by troy34(m): 7:17am On Mar 29, 2010
i dont agree wit u guys on etuhu. he's efficient & dedicated and thats what we need. i think mikel should not go except he's going as a DMF

(1) (Reply)

Web Designers Wanted / World Cup: Ghana Battle Ready, Names 23-man List. / 2010 World Cup Party Hosted By Ekua And Ogee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.