Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:09 PM

If Pastors Must Do Business, They Must Stop Collecting Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Pastors Must Do Business, They Must Stop Collecting Tithe (615 Views)

Why Pastors Must Not Live In Extravagance / Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue / Why Are Jewish Rabbis Not Collecting Tithe As Per Scriptures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Pastors Must Do Business, They Must Stop Collecting Tithe by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 26, 2010
If Pastors must do business alongside the work of God for any reason whatsoever, then they MUST stop collecting Tithe because God asked the children of Israel to pay tithe to the Levites because He forbid them from doing any other job or business apart from working in the synagogue.

This is what most Pastors would not let you know about the origin of tithing.

remember we have 12 houses of Israel and the twelfth one is the levites who were charged with the responsibilities of taking care of the Synagogue. God specifically chose them among the 12 houses and He said they cannot own land nor farm but they must devote all their live in the Synagogue. For this reason, He charged the remaining eleven houses to bring the 10% of their fruits into the house of God so that there would be food and money for the chosen levites.

I know pastors would have a way to explain away this but that's what the Bible says. The only verse Pastors like quoting about tithe is Malachi 4

I'm coming back to share with you verses of the Bible where God gave these instructions
Re: If Pastors Must Do Business, They Must Stop Collecting Tithe by David2020(m): 1:46pm On Mar 26, 2010
I pray that our pastors teach us the right way to heaven cos the fact is that most of our pastors today are prosperity prechers. you go to church to pray for God's wealth, protection from evil attack and many more request. But we forget what the bibl says "seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, " we forget these and focus on the interesting part of the bible 'Properity' May God help us all to discern from true saints and wolves.
Re: If Pastors Must Do Business, They Must Stop Collecting Tithe by KunleOshob(m): 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2010
Whether they do business or not no true christian preacher ought to preach or collect tithes as it is clearly NOT a christian doctrine handed down to us by either christ or the apostles but it was arrived at after twisting and amending the levitcal laws on tithing meant for the jewish people practising the Jewish religion which is totally different from christianity.
Re: If Pastors Must Do Business, They Must Stop Collecting Tithe by Ganjaseed: 5:02pm On Mar 26, 2010
I hope the so called pastors read this and change their peddling ways. Members needs deliverance from this hypnotism of pastors hoe lied to them that the more they give the more God will multiply it for them. This is the same way 419 operates. Tithe teachings is evil and way of manipulating people, some will even pronounce a curse on members because they refused to pay tithe, "there is therefor now no condemnation to them that believe is Christ who work not after the flesh but after the spirit" Jesus has been made a curse for us because curse is every man that is hanged on the tree. Preachers will never explain this verses as it is, but rather divert it to collect from members. MAY GOD HELP US ALL!!!!. Amen
Re: If Pastors Must Do Business, They Must Stop Collecting Tithe by petres007(m): 9:22pm On Mar 26, 2010
KunleOshob:

Whether they do business or not no true christian preacher ought to preach or collect tithes as it is clearly NOT a christian doctrine handed down to us by either christ or the apostles but it was arrived at after twisting and amending the levitcal laws on tithing meant for the jewish people practising the Jewish religion which is totally different from christianity.

True words.  smiley

The very reason why I plan to make you the chief tax tithe collector in the church business I want to start. I've already started the registration at CAC.  grin grin grin

On a serious note.  .  .

Most people today will fight the truth about tithing and other resurrected & twisted levitical laws because it gives them a way to have a hold on God.

In Christianity everything is based on God's grace in Christ, from start to finish. Its the reason why Jesus talked about receiving his kingdom as a little child would. Today they're wrongly taught that to get God committed to making life heaven on earth for you, you have to tithe or else.  .  .

Makes me wonder why God didn't wait for us to do something before planning and executing our salvation through Christ.  undecided

While we were yet sinners, Christ died.  .  .
Re: If Pastors Must Do Business, They Must Stop Collecting Tithe by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 27, 2010
Hmmm, I have been away, just returned this afternoon.

I'm surprised at responses to this subject so far. I'm surprised because this is a very delicate issue as far as Christianity in Nigeria is concerned. Any attempt to shed light on this particular aspect of the church is rebuffed instantly by pastors and die-hard devotees who knows little or nothing about the subject other than what 'my pastor' says.

However, I'm glad to note that people are beginning to question ambiguities regardless of where it is found.
Re: If Pastors Must Do Business, They Must Stop Collecting Tithe by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 28, 2010
to read more on this subject, go to Numbers 18, from beginning to the end of the chapter, nd verses 23-24 specifically.

then Deutronomy 18 from verse 1 to 8.

Read and let's know your opinion.
Re: If Pastors Must Do Business, They Must Stop Collecting Tithe by KunleOshob(m): 2:45pm On Mar 28, 2010
@netsurf
Thanx for those verses, deuteronomy 14:22-29 makes it clear that tithes the way it is preached and practised today is a scam. Also tithing was anulled and for believers and ridicled in hebrew 7:5-19,[special emphasis on verses 11,12 & 18] these are scriptures the so called preachers don't want believers to read in the bible. However a lot has been debated on tithes on this forum in the past, if you do a search iam sure you would come up with at least ten threads on the topic. The average nairaland member in the religious section now knows that tithing as it is preached today is a scam which is promoted by the greed of it's proponents and the delusion of it's adeherents. It is also a tool used by the devil to steer christians away from true christianity based on the saving grace of our Lord Jesus christ.
Re: If Pastors Must Do Business, They Must Stop Collecting Tithe by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 02, 2013
well

(1) (Reply)

Is This A Sin? / He Morning God Became Real / I Am A Success Not A Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.