Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,774 members, 7,908,988 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 03:16 PM

10 Lessons That Social Media Taught Me - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Lessons That Social Media Taught Me (766 Views)

Mention One Thing Nobody Taught You How To Do But You Can Do Perfectly Well / What Has 2020 Taught You? / Mention One Thing Nobody Taught You How To Do But You Can Do It Very Well?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Lessons That Social Media Taught Me by Adekay94(m): 2:00pm On Nov 27, 2017
*10 Lessons that Social Media Taught me*

Social Media has made the entire world a much more interconnected place and particularly, severely easing global/remote connections. And being on social media since 2008 has taught me a lot of lessons!

1. On the internet you can be anything you want. A lot of people have different personalities online and offline. The cyber walls have created a facade of security for people to be whoever they want. It Is terrifying how superficial social media has become. People will only post their best moments, filtered images to portray the ideal person they want to be. But who doesn’t want to be seen in their best light? To hide our flaws and magnify our strengths? To show the exciting and best times of our lives? Social media has inadvertently become a platform where we paint ourselves in the most superficial art form,illustrating the distance between reality and our cultivated digital persona.

2. Social media has made us unsocial.I look around and everyone literally everyone around me is looking down at their phones. Even if I force myself and try to keep my phone away, I find myself looking back at it again. We have become bad listeners and no longer treasure conversations.There is nothing more irritating than being halfway through a story when you realize your friend is scrolling through her Facebook NewsFeed or Twitter feed.It is making us less aware of our immediate surroundings, including those who are immediately around us.I actually believe that although Social Media seems to....
Read all via the link below

https://africanentertainment.info/10-lessons-that-social-media-taught-me/

Re: 10 Lessons That Social Media Taught Me by SolexxBarry(m): 2:12pm On Nov 27, 2017
Following strictly wink

Expect my new single guys,Solex,Barry x oil dey your head
Re: 10 Lessons That Social Media Taught Me by aminu790(m): 10:40am On Dec 03, 2017
Victim of number 2. The thing dey pain me most times

(1) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Ashimolowo On Tithing / Non Oil Exports / This Hilarious Christmas Fuel Scarcity Video For Buhari Will Annoy You (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.