Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,496 members, 7,951,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:53 AM

Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG (21139 Views)

Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF / Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs, FG Promises IMF / Electricity: Nigerians Must Get What They Pay For – Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by mmsen: 11:25am On Nov 28, 2017
SalamRushdie:

how many Nigerians can afford 10 kva solar set up..its very expensive

Maybe if they spent less on religious nonsense and gifting bonuses to pastors they would be able to afford it?

I no longer buy this excuse of poverty for Nigeria's wretchedness. If there is poverty it is as a result of a culture that refuses to challenge itself, refuses to embrace reason, logic and superior thinking. Refuses to get rid of old, useless leaders and systems of governance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by spartacus11(m): 11:26am On Nov 28, 2017
guru90:
IT IS BETTER WE NIGERIA TO DEPEND ON GENERATOR RATHER THAN USING NIGERIA ELECTRICITY....

NOTE: LIGHT WE NO DEY SEE AT ALL....

NOW, THEY WANNA INCREASE THEIR TARRIF......

I SWEAR, GENERATOR SETS IS FAR BETTER THAN NIGERIA UNSTABLE LIGHT.....

U nor dey see light, why d complain just remove ur wire from pole, no body go draw u bill again
Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by spartacus11(m): 11:26am On Nov 28, 2017
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Enjoying my bypass like no man's biziness. Enter my compound and get greeted by Zeus.

See dem, and ur need 24 hours light

1 Like

Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 11:28am On Nov 28, 2017
Is there anytime Nigerians won't be at the receiving end of their failures and incompetencies ?

Very useless set of clowns claiming to be governing us.

But do you know:

IPOBIANS ARE CURSED ANIMALS?

Oh well, now that is a lesson learnt.

1 Like

Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by Bakare99(m): 11:29am On Nov 28, 2017
This Government wants to kill us oooooo
Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by spartacus11(m): 11:29am On Nov 28, 2017
omohayek:

And yet it is to this "collapsed" economy that so many people from the rest of the country continue to migrate, day after day, especially to the very "overtaxed" Lagos which used to be run by Fashola ... The capacity of some people for self-delusion driven by tribalism is simply breathtaking.

Me I'm migrating to Lagos by next month or January, make i join enjoy d boom
Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by anonimi: 11:30am On Nov 28, 2017
ikennaf1:
Modath is on her own, you're mentioning her grin

Thou shalt not tempt me.
I mentioned NO name. wink
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by starz100: 11:31am On Nov 28, 2017
They keep increasing tariff every now and then. When will more be enough?
Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by MENELIK1: 11:31am On Nov 28, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Once that poverty due to high tariffs and taxation hits you, then will you realize that Afonjas education is worthless.

Osu, that is a gross advertisement of ignorance. whatever happened to the economy of west affects the whole Nigeria and that is why the Osus are laying claim to the development of Lagos because there is no where to point to in the erosion ravaged tiny enclave banqueted to them by their lazy ancestors

1 Like

Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by spartacus11(m): 11:31am On Nov 28, 2017
CaptPlanet:
If it's to tax the citizens the speed they'll use to implement it will be compared to flash.

But minimum wage increment has been going from comittee to comittee.

BTW.. Once we start paying high tarrifs, it will never come down, fuel subsidy comes to mind

Oga wen last d u experience fuel scarcity, abeg leave d price like dat 4-5 years ago we were buying higher dan 150 a litter and u mor go even see buy self
Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by 8744Kin(m): 11:32am On Nov 28, 2017
If you are almost jobless and pay 4k monthly fee (house rent and him brothers still dey watch you oo) for power (that is not even supplied) and they are still threatening to increase it (the fee not the power). If person commit suicide now them go come they abuse am.

1 Like

Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by spartacus11(m): 11:33am On Nov 28, 2017
SalamRushdie:

how many Nigerians can afford 10 kva solar set up..its very expensive

Must one man do it, why can't group of people put money together and do it, after all u are all neighbors

1 Like

Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by spartacus11(m): 11:33am On Nov 28, 2017
Billyonaire:
That is for those who are still ignorant enough to depend on the national grid.

I may likely disconnect from public power soon.

#Free Energy

I like people like dis
Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by spartacus11(m): 11:34am On Nov 28, 2017
talk2percy:
E no go better for Buhari. No be for here I read say German government paid her citizens just to help them use electricity to avoid the power plant from blowing up. Here we pay for wetin we nor dey use.

S one u use u don't even pay, nor be bypass u dey do
Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by spartacus11(m): 11:35am On Nov 28, 2017
bfmconcepts:
Nigerians are willing to pay if the service is readily available and if they are accurately metered. Shikena!

Same meter Nigerians will manipulate
Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by anonimi: 11:35am On Nov 28, 2017
HiddenShadow:
Open the Eastern ports and see Lagos collapse due to high taxation.

Who is closing the Eastern ports

4 Likes

Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by spartacus11(m): 11:36am On Nov 28, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Open the Eastern ports and see Lagos collapse due to high taxation.

Like serious who close dis port?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by WrathOfHadez(m): 11:37am On Nov 28, 2017
I think the federal government should be more concern in boosting electricity distribution and production by alternative energy such as nuclear, water and solar.

This directionless government is still talking of higher tariff and market demand when cost of production in Nigeria is higher than that of Ghana.

Shame on Osinbajo, the mindless coward who got compromised for political gains.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by anonimi: 11:38am On Nov 28, 2017
spartacus11:
Same meter Nigerians will manipulate

.........because the leaders such as bubu and his 40 thieves cabal are manipulating and padding the budget to steal the people's money.

Why is no one asking why we are in recession despite budgets as follows:

2015 - N4.5 trillion
2015 - N2.1 trillion supplementary requested / N575 billion approved
2016 - N6.06 trillion
2017 - N7.3 trillion

Sources: http://www.reuters.com/article/nigeria-budget-idUSL5N0YB49M20150520
http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/18/buhari-seeks-n2-1trn-supplementary-budget-for-2015/
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/senate-approves-n575bn-supplementary-budget-for-buhari/
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/buhari-signs-n6-06trn-2016-budget-change/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3366370_125927734333042835425381910869646342089244n1_jpeg1d4b88cded8ebcb69839caf542969a5a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3366314_126542584333041968758808079643164551849331n2_jpeg2a66242ff194ad643009c703a17b3723

2 Likes

Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by enemyofprogress: 11:39am On Nov 28, 2017
Pay higher for darkness. Make Buhari kuku kill us chop

1 Like

Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by spartacus11(m): 11:41am On Nov 28, 2017
anonimi:

.........because the leaders such as bubu and his 40 thieves cabal are manipulating and padding the budget to steal the people's money.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3366370_125927734333042835425381910869646342089244n1_jpeg1d4b88cded8ebcb69839caf542969a5a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3366314_126542584333041968758808079643164551849331n2_jpeg2a66242ff194ad643009c703a17b3723
What was the state of our infrastructure pdp handed over to APC after 16 years in power

Compared to other developed Africa countries like Morocco and South Africa in d same 16 years gap

ROAD
EDUCATION
HEALTH CARE
SECURITY
FOREIGN RESERVE
TRANSPORTATION
ELECTION
Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by omohayek: 11:41am On Nov 28, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Keep fooling yourself about Onne port.

If I ask you to give 2 reasons why Onne port is not being used, you will start speaking in amala tongues
I wonder why you didn't bother just posting those (imaginary) reasons of yours, then, instead of spewing rubbish about "amala tongues"? Maybe because they don't exist, despite all your bluster?

If you weren't merely a lazy, low-IQ, diehard tribalistic bigot, you'd be methodically working your way through the Blue3k thread I posted, in which lots of hard economic and historical facts are brought to bear by the discussants. Clearly that level of discourse is too far above the level of someone who can claim with a straight face that the very region which generates more than half of Nigeria's non-oil GDP is suffering from a "collapsing" economy due to over-taxation. I'm sure you know something all those migrating to Lagos and even wanting to acquire "indigene" status don't ...

3 Likes

Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by spartacus11(m): 11:42am On Nov 28, 2017
anonimi:

What was the state of Nigeria infrastructure pdp handed over to APC after 16 years in power

Compared to other developed Africa countries like Morocco and South Africa in d same 16 years gap

ROAD
EDUCATION
HEALTH CARE
SECURITY
FOREIGN RESERVE
TRANSPORTATION
ELECTION
Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by anonimi: 11:45am On Nov 28, 2017
spartacus11:
U mean for 16 years ur hero could not give u light, but u need it under 2 years of APC, with Avengers u sponsed blowing pipeline for 1 year
D weed u smoke must be high

Firstly Ebola Owu who was president for eight years is the hero of vision-less bubu, not mine.
Secondly, are you agreeing that bubu is incompetent as he himself admitted despite the promises he made of IMMEDIATE improvement, on the basis of which 15 million Nigerians finally gave him a chance in 2015 after FAILING to secure the job in 2003, 2007 and 2011?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2528926_tmp61502528872facebook20150617191930jpeg832844a84aa3478c63eaeb9b81c3671b685598635_jpeg_jpeg01c8bb4f9409f5e9a6135536a34012a7

1 Like

Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by spartacus11(m): 11:46am On Nov 28, 2017
anonimi:

Firstly Ebola Owu who was president for eight years is the hero of vision-less bubu, not mine.
Secondly, are you agreeing that bubu is incompetent as he himself admitted despite the promises he made of IMMEDIATE improvement, on the basis of which 15 million Nigerians finally gave him a chance in 2015 after FAILING to secure the job in 2003, 2007 and 2011?

What was the state of our infrastructure pdp handed over to APC after 16 years in power

ROAD
EDUCATION
HEALTH CARE
SECURITY
FOREIGN RESERVE
TRANSPORTATION
ELECTION
Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 28, 2017
Well, have read most of the comments, and I am not dissapointed...Nigerians as usual...

1.For those of you saying...IT IS APC'S fault

Well, the reason why tarrifs are going up is because GEJ hath privatised power...and not only that, the law that allowed for power privatization allowed for price increases as well.

And the reason why GEJ privatized power was because he got a report from the Senate in 2013 telling him that for power to be guaranteed for 24/7...we needed to spend 300 billion dollars over 3 years...100bn on transmission alone.

2.The reason why bills have to go up is because we are not paying enough for power. Ghana has light 24/7....and they pay twice as much for power as we do.

And here is this

Cost of powering one room apt in UK for one month...14,500 Naira.
Cost of powering two bedroom flat in Nigeria for TWO months: 6000 Naira.

3.Keep in mind that MOST Nigerians don't pay their bills. Many even bypass their meters. And when DISCO guys come around to disconnect defaulters...they get beaten up severely.AND WE CHEER.

4.Tell me...under these circumstances...why we cannot have light 24/7...when Nigerians refuse to pay their bills? Tell me?

If we want power 24/7, we should pay our bills....and maybe we should do so at higher rates.

After all...DISCOS and GENCOS have staff that need to get their daily bread too!

Either we pay higher bills.....OR TAKE A LOAN OF 300 BILLION USD from the IMF so that we can keep paying our cheap bills...while our grandkids pay the loan later...and curse us.

If you like blast me....just tell me where we will get 300 billion today today? (Our forex reserve is 34Billion.)

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by anonimi: 11:56am On Nov 28, 2017
spartacus11:
What was the state of Nigeria infrastructure pdp handed over to APC after 16 years in power
ROAD
EDUCATION
HEALTH CARE
SECURITY
FOREIGN RESERVE
TRANSPORTATION
ELECTION

Why are you starting in 1999?
Why not from 1985 and the improvement made by Jonathan in only five years, which is acknowledged even by bubu?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2045441_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

nawtyme:
Previous Govts Initiated ‘Most Of The Things This Administration Is Doing’ – Adesina

A majority of the projects the Muhammadu Buhari administration is working on was inherited from previous administrations, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity has said.

Mr Femi Adesina said this when he appeared on Channels Television’s special Independence anniversary programme on Sunday.

“Most of the things this administration is doing – 60 to 70 percent of them – were initiated by previous governments,” he said.

“That shows you that in the past a government will come and say ‘this is not our project’ And it will discard what was being done and start fresh ones.”

As a result, Mr Adesina said there are many half and quarter-completed abandoned projects.
But rather than abandon the project, he explained that the current administration will complete it.

An example is the Abuja-Kaduna rail project which the Presidential aide said was up to maybe 60 to 70 percent complete when the last administration left.

“This administration came, completed it and inaugurated it. Then you will still find some people shouting, ‘they are claiming credit for what the past administration started,” he said.

“It shows there is a mentality in Nigeria that makes governments not want to complete what previous governments have started. But this administration is not going that way at all, it is just doing what needs to be done for the good of the country.”

Another example is the Mambilla power project, which has been in the works since 1972, but has now started taking shape under this administration.

In going about its activities, Mr Adesina said the Federal Government follows due process in the awarding of contracts, stressing that projects worth above N50m will require the permission of the Federal Executive Council before such a contract can be awarded.

“One thing this government does scrupulously is to follow due process in the award of all these contracts and projects.

“Anything that is above N50m must come to the Federal Executive Council. Before the FEC will endorse any project or contract, the Bureau of Public Procurement must have signed off on that project that it is worthy to be done and the projections are good, that this government does not joke about.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/10/01/previous-govts-initiated-most-of-the-things-this-administration-is-doing-adesina/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4266395_amaechineverknewrailways_jpeg93b60e3ad5ed1457c2bc5c7e87dd7984

3 Likes

Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by mmsen: 12:09pm On Nov 28, 2017
spartacus11:

Must one man do it, why can't group of people put money together and do it, after all u are all neighbors

Look at you using your brain to reason.

Why indeed?

Can't install solar together but they will come together to buy a car for their pastor

1 Like

Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by giddykay: 12:10pm On Nov 28, 2017
Mtchewwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by vinceobe: 12:14pm On Nov 28, 2017
How can the APC governement increase tariff when there is no electricity? Under GEJ/PDP average Nigerian home pays N3,000 monthly. However, under APC average Nigerian home now pays between N7,000 to N10,000. Despite these turture, there is no adequate electricity, no regular salary payment and pensions, no serious economic emancipation, about 5m Nigerians have been thrown out of their jobs in the last 2 years and still counting. Was it a crime that about 15m Nigerian voted for APC? What kind of people are in APC who are so heartless and callous this way. Barbatunde Fashola says during campaign that no serious government would not provide electricity for its citizens under 6 months. It is about two and half years no, no light. Nigerians are suffering serious hunger and starvation, lack of jobs, economic deprivations, and they still want to add more burden of increase in tariff without adequate light. What is all these?
Re: Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG by vinceobe: 12:14pm On Nov 28, 2017
How can the APC government increase tariff when there is no electricity? Under GEJ/PDP average Nigerian home pays N3,000 monthly. However, under APC average Nigerian home now pays between N7,000 to N10,000. Despite these turture, there is no adequate electricity, no regular salary payment and pensions, no serious economic emancipation, about 5m Nigerians have been thrown out of their jobs in the last 2 years and still counting. Was it a crime that about 15m Nigerian voted for APC? What kind of people are in APC who are so heartless and callous this way. Barbatunde Fashola says during campaign that no serious government would not provide electricity for its citizens under 6 months. It is about two and half years no, no light. Nigerians are suffering serious hunger and starvation, lack of jobs, economic deprivations, and they still want to add more burden of increase in tariff without adequate light. What is all these?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari / Conduct Tribunal Arraigns 6 Civil Servants Over Asset Declaration Failure / Sanwo-olu Receives Ugwuanyi For Southern Nigerian Governors' Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.