Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,818 members, 7,945,605 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 08:53 PM

Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? (2672 Views)

Woman Attempts Suicide Twice Because Her Lover Married Another Lady / Married Woman Stuck With Her Lover In Enugu Hours After Sex / HELP! How Do I Help Her Overcome This Feeling. (please Come In) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by bawomolo(m): 10:23pm On Mar 26, 2010
you have never been to an engagement ceremony before?

follypimpi:

Funny how some ladies remember tradition when it comes to bride price.

ha nice shot at the casual relationship crowd
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by chic2pimp(m): 10:26pm On Mar 26, 2010
follypimpi:

Hehehe grin grin grin grin grin
No mind dem jor cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by follypimpi(m): 10:27pm On Mar 26, 2010
chic2pimp:

Hehehe grin grin grin grin grin
No mind dem jor cheesy cheesy

Abi now grin
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Sauron1: 10:28pm On Mar 26, 2010
Diva 2.0:

That sucks!

So you would let your husband-to-be sleep in the bush?
By the time you wake up next morning, desperate spinsters woulda banged his brains out.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by follypimpi(m): 10:29pm On Mar 26, 2010
bawomolo:

ha nice shot at the casual relationship crowd

Not @ all matey !
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by ayettymama(f): 10:31pm On Mar 26, 2010
lolz

im just saying!

its one thing i find intriguin about yoruba culture
bawomolo:

why not just avoid the whole bride price?

would a one dollar hallmark card be considered a gift? cheap and still fulfilling tradition grin

well if its how u want to present urself to ur inlaws then of course!

Diva 2.0:

Exactly! I mean killing twins was once tradition too and that didn't make it right.

killing twins wasnt tradition it was a fetish vodoo practice

lets not get it twisted here
chic2pimp:

That's what we keep saying. 'Tradition, Tradition, Tradition'

Most times it has less to do with tradition and more to do with the greediness of Inlaws.
Some peeps 'Bride Price' list are just Insane shocked shocked shocked
]
yes but not all times is it greedy

sometimes its an opportunity for the new 'in laws'

to show off

nobody will force anyone to pay anything

its just a fun part of our culture

if u dont agree with it marry how u want! simple
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Diva20(f): 10:33pm On Mar 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

So you would let your husband-to-be sleep in the bush?

Yes, if that is what tradition demands.

~Sauron~:

By the time you wake up next morning, desperate spinsters woulda banged his brains out.

Then he lost the test.

follypimpi:

Some guys pull the tradition card too. If she doesn't serve you the food on her knees, she's going back to her father's house lol.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by H2O2: 10:35pm On Mar 26, 2010
grin grin
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by bawomolo(m): 10:36pm On Mar 26, 2010
Some guys pull the tradition card too. If she doesn't serve you the food on her knees, she's going back to her father's house lol.

most young nigerian men do not care about a woman serving food on her knees. you must be dating some sugar daddies.

well if its how u want to present urself to your inlaws then of course!

shiit most of my freeloading in-laws would be locked out from my reception at dodan barracks grin
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by fifi09(f): 10:39pm On Mar 26, 2010
Missy B:

Lai Lai!!
If the only option is stealing . . .He should.
grin grin grin

@davidchidi: R you a male or female?

If you're a female, how can you even consider helping your husband-to-be in paying your OWN bride price?

Where R you 4rm? Because if you were from my place (KALABARI) the women will finish you n your family with their mouth, and chase that husband-to-be of yours away.

Please, it is part of our tradition as Africans, so be wise! Assist your man in any other thing but Stay Far Away from your pride price.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by follypimpi(m): 10:40pm On Mar 26, 2010
Diva 2.0:

Buhahahaha in what century ?? I really don't care if she serve the food with her a$$ up in the air,once she's God fearing & well behaved,nothin do us both.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Diva20(f): 10:42pm On Mar 26, 2010
bawomolo:

most young nigerian men do not care about a woman serving food on her knees. you must be dating some sugar daddies.

I don't date Nigerians and I suppose for the younger men believe they can have intimacy with her whenever they like even when she doesn't feel like it. I mean, she's his wife so it's not like he's despoiling her or anything.

follypimpi:

[/font]

Buhahahaha in what century ?? I really don't care if she serve the food with her a$$ up in the air,once she's God fearing & well behaved,nothin do us both.

Of course you all will deny it lol. I've heard stories lol.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by ayettymama(f): 10:42pm On Mar 26, 2010
bawomolo:

shiit most of my freeloading in-laws would be locked out from my reception at dodan barracks grin

exactly

its not a necessity

dunno why some men must complain abt absolutely everything that requires spending money!
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by bawomolo(m): 10:44pm On Mar 26, 2010
Diva 2.0:

I don't date Nigerians

ha clap for yourself, i guess nigerian men are the only misogynistic men around.

keep on listening to tales by moonlight though.

fifi09:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode] grin grin grin

@davidchidi: R you a male or female?

If you're a female, how can you even consider helping your husband-to-be in paying your OWN bride price?

and you wonder why men treat you like property after marriage.   those same in-laws chasing your man away won't help with the wedding bills.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by ayettymama(f): 10:46pm On Mar 26, 2010
bawomolo:

and you wonder why men treat you like property after marriage. those same in-laws chasing your man away won't help with the wedding bills.

according to some traditions

they do!

how about that!
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by follypimpi(m): 10:46pm On Mar 26, 2010
Diva 2.0:

I don't date Nigerians and I suppose for the younger men believe they can have intimacy with her whenever they like even when she doesn't feel like it. I mean, she's his wife so it's not like he's despoiling her or anything.

Of course you all will deny it lol. I've heard stories lol.

I am not denying just saying the plain TRUTH.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by bawomolo(m): 10:47pm On Mar 26, 2010
ayettymama:

according to some traditions

they do!

how about that!

like what? paying for the aso ebi grin
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by H2O2: 10:48pm On Mar 26, 2010
@follypimpi thanks for that injection about casual sex. true stuff.

these girls love speaking with both sides of their mouths.
the inconsistencies of nigerian women are a huge turn off.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by bawomolo(m): 10:50pm On Mar 26, 2010
quick question for the i'm so traditional women.

are you down with polygamy? shebi we are now traditional
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Diva20(f): 10:50pm On Mar 26, 2010
ayettymama:

exactly

its not a necessity

dunno why some men must complain abt absolutely everything that requires spending money!

Because they are too damn cheap! LMAO!! I'm support of the bride price and everything else that comes with it. You guys better do it to the last letter.

bawomolo:

ha clap for yourself, i guess nigerian men are the only misogynistic men around.

keep on listening to tales by moonlight though.

You shouldn't jump to conclusions too quick darl. Major turn off.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by bawomolo(m): 10:52pm On Mar 26, 2010
Diva 2.0:

You shouldn't jump to conclusions too quick darl. Major turn off.

my bad so why don't you date these nigerian savages. I'm different so talk to me cheesy
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by H2O2: 10:52pm On Mar 26, 2010
bawomolo:

are you down with polygamy? shebi we are now traditional
lipsrsealed epon ti fo

nuts have broke grin
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by ayettymama(f): 10:56pm On Mar 26, 2010
bawomolo:

like what? paying for the aso ebi grin

whoever is wearing the clothes will pay for it and eat akara?? abi??

according to my tradition the wedding is hosted by the brides family

obviously most times people want to make it extravagant so they add thier own inputs

@diva

abi-

i love trads anyways its gna be hard explaining to my persian husband why he has to fork out soo much|!!!

@bawomolo

if u can afford many wives and have the heart for plenty trouble why not??

the family is bigger grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Diva20(f): 10:57pm On Mar 26, 2010
bawomolo:

my bad so why don't you date these nigerian savages.   I'm different so talk to me  cheesy

Because all the Nigerians around me are either family, married or kids. Plus, I haven't really seen one I'm attracted to.

bawomolo:

are you down with polygamy?  shebi we are now traditional

If he can do the traditional rites for all of them, sure.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by bawomolo(m): 10:58pm On Mar 26, 2010
Diva 2.0:

If he can do the traditional rites for all of them, sure.

for real, that's nice.

ayettymama:

the family is bigger grin grin grin grin grin

me thinks you women are forming but there is hope for traditionalists like me grin
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Diva20(f): 10:59pm On Mar 26, 2010
ayettymama:

@bawomolo

the family is bigger  grin grin grin grin grin

Exactly! Especially with each woman demanding attention at the same time. I wonder if the men from the traditional generation lived past their 50s.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by gestapo(f): 11:03pm On Mar 26, 2010
fifi09, please how can i contact you ?
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by fifi09(f): 11:09pm On Mar 26, 2010
@gestapo: Okay!
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by ayettymama(f): 11:13pm On Mar 26, 2010
lolz

no formin here

if the money is plenty why not share?
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by gestapo(f): 11:18pm On Mar 26, 2010
@ fifi09

thanks, you can edit the email now, can i buzz you on yahoo ?
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by spoilt(f): 11:23pm On Mar 26, 2010
Do you know how many women have paid their own brideprice to save face? shocked
The family greedily divides the spoils not knowing it came from their daughter's pocket.

I do not believe in the whole bride price thing. . . . . Aside from the entertainment and refreshments that should be provided on that day.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by fifi09(f): 11:24pm On Mar 26, 2010
gestapo:

@ fifi09

thanks, you can edit the email now, can i buzz you on yahoo ?

Yes Ma'am

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pals, How Do You Trap Your Guy/girl? / INCREDIBLE: Man Deported For Being Too Hot!!! (PHOTOS) / Man Gets Turned On By Farting Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.