Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,748 members, 7,875,867 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:00 AM

It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred (968 Views)

With Abiola As President, Nigeria Could Have Been Spared Ethno-religious Tension / The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. / The Judaic Zionist Marxist Agenda Vs The Christian Ethno State Of Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by coolchimex: 1:26pm On Nov 28, 2017
I have lived in Yorubaland and experienced their loving hospitality, likewise in the North to witness their beautiful variety and I am Igbo. However, I am saddened to observe the seeming implosion that is waiting to happen in our country due to hate we now have for each other arising from Tribal and Ethnic sentiments. When free in the office, I log on to Nairaland only to see terrible e-fights going on based on these debilitating lines.

Never forget "Hate in your heart consumes you too", likewise "An eye for an eye makes the world go blind" and "What you cook today is what you will eat tomorrow". We are setting a dangerous precedent for ourselves but we don't know it yet, I am sorry to say but we are slowly, unknowingly moving towards genocide but our dangerous emotions will not let us. I have encountered terrible opposites of what the South West and the North used to be and I can only tell you do not throw away the baby with the bath water. There are indeed bad Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas but then are they ALL bad? Separate the good from the bad and then continue with the good ones.

Treat people right irrespective of their tribe/religion and be fair in judging issues. God Bless us all!
Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by sarrki(m): 1:27pm On Nov 28, 2017
Mazi kanu started it

3 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by Sammy07: 2:36pm On Nov 28, 2017
coolchimex:
I have lived in Yorubaland and experienced their loving hospitality, likewise in the North to witness their beautiful variety and I am Igbo. However, I am saddened to observe the seeming implosion that is waiting to happen in our country due to hate we now have for each other arising from Tribal and Ethnic sentiments. When free in the office, I log on to Nairaland only to see terrible e-fights going on based on these debilitating lines.

Never forget "Hate in your heart consumes you too", likewise "An eye for an eye makes the world go blind" and "What you cook today is what you will eat tomorrow". We are setting a dangerous precedent for ourselves but we don't know it yet, I am sorry to say but we are slowly, unknowingly moving towards genocide but our dangerous emotions will not let us. I have encountered terrible opposites of what the South West and the North used to be and I can only tell you do not throw away the baby with the bath water. There are indeed bad Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas but then are they ALL bad? Separate the good from the bad and then continue with the good ones.

Treat people right irrespective of their tribe/religion and be fair in judging issues. God Bless us all!

To be honest,
It was the igbos that started the hate...

From Awolowo hating
To Hausa hating
Then back to the whole Yoruba hating...

It's only ND that, they didn't show their hating to...

Thanks to God, you confirmed it that you lived in SW...

If you were asked which geo political zones is the most accommodating and shows hospitality.

It's definitely the SW, simply because.

We don't usually count somethings. We most of the time over looked it

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by raymexx: 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2017
sarrki:
Mazi kanu started it
Idiot. you will never grow up

5 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by raymexx: 2:42pm On Nov 28, 2017
Sammy07:

To be honest,

From Awolowo hating
To Hausa hating

If you were asked which geo political zones is the most accommodating and shows hospitality.

even your comment shows your hatred for the igbos. with people like you Nigeria will never move forward

3 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by meccuno: 3:13pm On Nov 28, 2017
the hate can never stop. lets stop deceiving ourselves.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by Sammy07: 3:21pm On Nov 28, 2017
raymexx:
even your comment shows your hatred for the igbos. with people like you Nigeria will never move forward

I think you didn't read what I said first..

I said igbos started it.....

It's not that am trying to blame them..

But they should stop it first
Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by loveth360(f): 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2017
sarrki:
Mazi kanu started it
presidiot buhari started it with 97% and 5%

infact

awo started it.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by horsepower101: 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2017
Yorubas like to act innocent when igbos react to their hate and constant propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by loveth360(f): 3:54pm On Nov 28, 2017
Sammy07:

To be honest,

From Awolowo hating
To Hausa hating

you are right dont forget your oba also send them to lagoon.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by loveth360(f): 3:58pm On Nov 28, 2017
Yoruba also like to play innocence,
even the civil war they will tell you how igbos and hausa fought the war just to appear as good people.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by Sammy07: 4:09pm On Nov 28, 2017
loveth360:
you are right dont forget your oba also send them to lagoon.

If you've been to SW very well, you'll understood that Yorubas are very accommodating.

Look at what happened in Akure the other time.
And also at Ile ife.

You you didn't attack Yorubas, they won't attack you..

Am sure there is almost all tribes In SW living there..

Can we say the same thing about other tribes?

2 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by potipher7: 4:13pm On Nov 28, 2017
[s]
sarrki:
Mazi kanu started it
[/s]
fat ewedu eater shatap and get out
the hatred is mutual
lie nsi ebea

2 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by loveth360(f): 4:13pm On Nov 28, 2017
Sammy07:

If you've been to SW very well, you'll understood that Yorubas are very accommodating.

Look at what happened in Akure the other time.
And also at Ile ife.

You you didn't attack Yorubas, they won't attack you..

Am sure there is almost all tribes In SW living there..

Can it happens in other tribes?
you mean there is no yorubas in other regions.
In east have you heard that igbos attacked yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by Eggheader101: 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2017
sarrki:
Mazi kanu started it
. you are sick upstairs

1 Like

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by Sammy07: 4:22pm On Nov 28, 2017
loveth360:
you mean there is no yorubas in other regions.
In east have you heard that igbos attacked yorubas.

How many tribes do you have in the east ..?

How large are they?

Because Yoruba don't cross their boundaries, they respect other people, And also you have few Yoruba in the east

1 Like

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by coolchimex: 4:30pm On Nov 28, 2017
Why can't we just stop the hating? Let the past stay where it belongs THE PAST. The future is brighter if we can leave all that AWO did this, OJUKWU did that, BUHARI is this mentality. Nigeria won't disintegrate (the America/England won't allow it), confederation might occur (50% chance) but Naija won't disintegrate, just observe the Geo-Political and Economic trends. About that fraud Kanu, I warned but of course no one listened. He used the mistakes of the past to fuel his propaganda, likewise the 97% and 5% "mistalk" President Buhari made. The President is being misled on some issues truly, and he is a good man but the acts of Kanu really pushed things over the edge. Imagine him insulting the president of a country (about twice his age), insulting other tribes and calling them unprintable names, calling for war etc. Is that the trait of a leader? Is that how positive Social Engineering is attained? After all the noise he made, where is he now? Hiding somewhere. I don't support violence, even the North sorry to say is reaping the effects of violence and blood letting.

Let us learn to treat people right and fair irrespective of ethnicity or religion and teach our children same too. God Bless us all!

1 Like

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 28, 2017
sarrki:
Mazi kanu started it
And you joined because you are looking for Igbo woman to marry grin

2 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by loveth360(f): 4:33pm On Nov 28, 2017
Sammy07:

How large are they?

Because Yoruba don't cross their boundaries, they respect other people, And also you have few Yoruba in the east
and all igbos are in west and alway cross their boundaries.

4 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2017
Sammy07:

How large are they?

Igbos left Lagos in 1966.
Guess who hustled to bring them back.
Better stop complaining like small pikin

3 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by horsepower101: 4:38pm On Nov 28, 2017
coolchimex:
Why can't we just stop the hating? Let the past stay where it belongs THE PAST. The future is brighter if we can leave all that AWO did this, OJUKWU did that, BUHARI is this mentality. Nigeria won't disintegrate (the America/England won't allow it), confederation might occur (50% chance) but Naija won't disintegrate, just observe the Geo-Political and Economic trends. About that fraud Kanu, I warned but of course no one listened. He used the mistakes of the past to fuel his propaganda, likewise the 97% and 5% "mistalk" President Buhari made. The President is being misled on some issues truly, and he is a good man but the acts of Kanu really pushed things over the edge. Imagine him insulting the president of a country (about twice his age), insulting other tribes and calling them unprintable names, calling for war etc. Is that the trait of a leader? Is that how positive Social Engineering is attained? After all the noise he made, where is he now? Hiding somewhere. I don't support violence, even the North sorry to say is reaping the effects of violence and blood letting.

Let us learn to treat people right and fair irrespective of ethnicity or religion and teach our children same too. God Bless us all!

The problem with people like you is that you choose to ignore reality and hope everyone joins you in your fantasy.

Nigeria is not a country in the real sense. It was never negotiated and its current constitution was imposed by the military. Many have rejected it and will never accept it. As long as they problem remains you will only continue dreaming of progress and development.

The next generation will only make things worse because the days of media propaganda is over.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by victorDanladi: 5:23pm On Nov 28, 2017
civil war: Awolowo role

GEJ election loss.Buhari,winning southwest

nnamdi kanu attack on yorubas on radio biafra

Ibo ffg nnamdi kanu methodology on social media

Lagos ownership and Ibadan brown roofs.

Those 5 things above are the basis of the animousity!.Every sane individuals know who is on the offensive side between Igbo and yorubas!
Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by Oga080666419419: 5:32pm On Nov 28, 2017
Sammy07:

To be honest,

From Awolowo hating
To Hausa hating

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by coolchimex: 6:09pm On Nov 28, 2017
horsepower101:

The problem with people like you is that you choose to ignore reality and hope everyone joins you in your fantasy.

Nigeria is not a country in the real sense. It was never negotiated and its current constitution was imposed by the military. Many have rejected it and will never accept it. As long as they problem remains you will only continue dreaming of progress and development.

The next generation will only make things worse because the days of media propaganda is over.

Dear Brother, I am speaking reality.
Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by Duru1(m): 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2017
coolchimex:

The sure way to avoid massacre in Nigeria instigated by the ethno-religious sentiments is through disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria. Since you have found a model of peaceful co-existence with Yari.ba, Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri and the rest of them, please join them and pray that those of us who could find no such decorum to have our Republic of Igbo land or Biafra so as to enjoin the peace as you did.

1 Like

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by ba7man(m): 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2017
I've been spending a lot of time in the South East and I must say that the people I meet here are quite nice and open.

They don't wait for you to make the first move before they talk to you.

The worst thing I experienced in the South East was the Nigerian police sef.

I'm begining to think the irritating bigots here are from the lower levels of life, education and reasoning and constantly seek for new ways to channel their life's frustrations.

I love my South East experience and I look forward to returning there.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by gidgiddy: 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2017
Its a bit like bringing 3 different strangers into a room and expecting them to live together peacefully and harmoniously.

The only way that will happen is if all 3 are similar in character or if the 3 find a unifying factor.

In the case of Nigeria, neither Yoruba, Hausa-Fulani nor Igbo are similar and there is no unifiying amongst them.

So the only way stop the hating is to allow them their freedom by disintegration.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Us To Stop The Ethno-religious Hatred by Daeylar(f): 7:32pm On Nov 28, 2017
[s]
sarrki:
Mazi kanu started it
[/s]

As usual.

(1) (Reply)

Finally, The Cause Of The Fuel Scarcity Have Been Found. APC / 2019 Vote Buhari Funny Picture Lolzz / Cattle Colony For Kogi, Yahaya Bello's Advantage- Kogi Rebel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.