Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:56 PM

FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister (14959 Views)

Kogi 2019: Faleke Backs Out Of Kogi Governorship Race / Buhari To FCT Residents: You Are Necessary Evil Despite Voting PDP / Nnamdi Kanu Backs Out Of South-East Governors’ Peace Parley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by bedspread: 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2017
nowpresence:

please teach me how
JUST SAY THIS PRAYER:

LORD JESUS, I AM A TERRIBLE SINNER
HAVE MERCY ON ME...
I RELEASE MYSELF TO YOU AND FOR U
GIVE ME THE GRACE TO FOLLOW U..
THANK U LORD JESUS FOR SAVING ME

1 Like

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by Blue3k(m): 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2017
Lol tax more and see what else you can do to raise funds. What exactly is the IGR of FTC anyway? What's wrong with you people? Do you honestly think it makes sense for the rest of country to fund FTC's infrastructure while they do nothing for themselves. Oil money has corrupted common sense.

He stated that if residents of FCT craved for first class infrastructure, they have to be willing to pay for it.

” If you look at it on a plot to plot basis the cost of infrastructure for a plot is so high and if you look at what people pay to government it is so negligible,” he said.

2 Likes

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by thedondada(m): 4:29pm On Nov 28, 2017
coolcharm:
What kind of nonsense is this?

If government can not provide infrastructure,

Then what else can government do?

Abj is over rated. Fine it's a cool place but nothing actually is happening there apart from the fact that it's the seat of government.

People make money anyhow there that's why everything is so expensive because government pays for everything one way or the other.

Hotels are paid for by government or people trying to see government. Everything is about government.

While I agree that infrastructure is government problem Abuja isn't worth the hype except you are in power or the corridors.

Only cabs are cheap.

Government should regulate the town properly. Cost of land is ridiculous, therefore housing cost is also. ridiculous.

2 Likes

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by dodelight(m): 4:30pm On Nov 28, 2017
Freshbank:
After d huge budgetary allocation 2 d fct, residents still have 2 pay for their welfare... Indeed there was a government
I guess you meant: There was a country. God rest our dear Chinua Achebe's soul.
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by yaki84: 4:33pm On Nov 28, 2017
what infrastructure isss he talking abt mbok?
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by izaray(f): 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2017
APC make una fear God small nau
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by willyede(m): 4:37pm On Nov 28, 2017
ok
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by Bizibi(m): 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2017
oxon:
I was watching tvc and I was so impressed when a pressure group brought the minister to a 13km road site , which only 2km out of it was completed , they were very harsh with their questions and crude ..they asked him how is it two years of office you can only complete 2km the guy was speechless
wait!!! Fashola could not say a word.....
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by spartacus11(m): 4:46pm On Nov 28, 2017
greatfoly:
It's just a pity.

Government cannot provide infrastructures,
Government cannot provide free and qualitative education,
Government cannot provide electricity,
Government cannot water,
Government cannot provide housing,

What then can our governments provide sad angry

Which country provide this things for free?

2 Likes

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2017
coolcharm:
What kind of nonsense is this?

If government can not provide infrastructure,

Then what else can government do?

Collect and appropriate taxes I guess.
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by smileyoo: 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2017
oxon:
I was watching tvc and I was so impressed when a pressure group brought the minister to a 13km road site , which only 2km out of it was completed , they were very harsh with their questions and crude ..they asked him how is it two years of office you can only complete 2km the guy was speechless
lol, if only we the citizens could hold this apc govt into accounts like this, their shameless lies and propaganda 'll be minimised. during election campaign they promised so much, but now they 're runing away from the responsibility of providing basic infrastructure for us, yet they expect us to be paying tax. any way they still 've zombie supporters, as this govt is fortunate that some citizens don't think.
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by oxon(m): 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2017
Bizibi:
wait!!! Fashola could not say a word.....
f.c.t minister

1 Like

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by matrixme(m): 4:50pm On Nov 28, 2017
Kuku kill us biko! Meanwhile who lives in the ghost houses of Abuja except for the politicians and the thieves they surround themselves with? Neighboring Nassarawa towns are the next big real estate Hotspot due to the affordable lifestyle and much less worse traffic compared to what applies in Lagos.
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by Bizibi(m): 4:50pm On Nov 28, 2017
oxon:
f.c.t minister
ha!!!!!!
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by slimfairboy(m): 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2017
cry I, Personally, Still miss GEJ. . .i dunno about u. Nigeria would have been transformed at least in a better way than what am seeing and hearing now but "over sabis" said change is better. Make una enjoy d change there! tongue

1 Like

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by enemyofprogress: 4:58pm On Nov 28, 2017
Finally it is over
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by cetzak: 5:19pm On Nov 28, 2017
And they want more Tax next year.Where is Sarrki and Ngenekwano?
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by themanderon: 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2017
By the time this heartless ogres in government are done with us maybe we will start paying for the air we breath and the ground we walk on. That's the sad reality of this government taking more and more from the citizens while offering nothing in return.
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by Fideo(m): 5:31pm On Nov 28, 2017
True talk fellow Nigerians we really need to become more responsible for watever we make use of, d only fear z dat d money should be use in d way its meant for.

3 Likes

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by OlujobaSamuel: 5:39pm On Nov 28, 2017
govt can provide anti-security, abi who fit help me with the right english, cant provide road, hospital, schools, water, etc, infact all household na lga for naija.
Anyway, dey fit provide guns and bullet for the legal armed robbers to shoot the armless or supply the illegal armed robbers
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by IFNOTGOD(m): 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2017
imanmeh:

This device has Car tracking device installed in it which pairs with your phone and can detect and report any movement and issues of your from any any location within the country and outside. it can activate the camera aslo

Offline Map Navigation System for All Roads within Nigeria - You NEED NO DATA CONNECTION

Reverse Camera Which Enables you to reverse and pack properly with no stress

Bluetooth Calls while driving

Live Traffic Reports within any road in the country

More Features Includes Video, and Audio player, FM Transmitter,Google Play,Car assist app, etc

HOW MUCH?
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2017
This one is looking for ways to loot residents for 2019 election campaigns funds.

APC running out of ideas of good governance.
APC All Professional Criminals
APC All Present Crooks
APC All Poor Chargers
APC All Promises Cancelled......
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by sherybanky(m): 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hmmmm There Is Trouble Now. Before, This Kind Of Thing Could Only Come From Lai Mo Only But Now Its Clear To Me That Reckless Talking Is An APC Thing
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by londoner: 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2017
Blue3k:
Lol tax more and see what else you csn do to raise funds. What exactly is IGR of FTC anyway? Whats wrong with you people? Do you honestly think it makes sense for the rest of country to fund FTC's infrastructure while they do nothing for themselves. Oil money has corrupted common sense.

Agreed residents should pay tax just like elsewhere in the world. Although the gov should construct the or allow the private sector to come in somehow to build but the puble/ users should pay for maintenance at least.

3 Likes

Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by Lalaska(m): 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2017
Yet they took $1bn Eurobond early this year, N100 billion Sukuk Bond and are planning another $5.5bn loan for "infrastructure". Only God knows where this infrastructure. APC Govt is just a scam
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by tobsvent: 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2017
Thou Foolish Nigerians That Brought This Curse Called APC, Prepare To Revert It Or Else......
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by tobsvent: 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2017
Thou foolish Nigerians that brought this curse called APC, prepare to revert it or else......
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by mikolo80: 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2017
clevvermind:
shame on apc. They should prepare to pack their load in 2019.
and replace them with PDP?
we're in trouble
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by mikolo80: 7:11pm On Nov 28, 2017
mangala14:
So what about the taxes they paid? The ineptitudeness of this administration irks me and a slap on our intellect.
which taxes,VAT? 10%? for Yankee na like 40% o
good soup na moni kill am
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by mikolo80: 7:11pm On Nov 28, 2017
Jsaviour:
What is our tax, oil money, recovered embezzled money being used for? To fatten the politicians the more?. God help this almost failed nation.
to share rice since that is what the voters want
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by mikolo80: 7:13pm On Nov 28, 2017
greatfoly:
It's just a pity.

Government cannot provide infrastructures,
Government cannot provide free and qualitative education,
Government cannot provide electricity,
Government cannot water,
Government cannot provide housing,

What then can our governments provide sad angry
rice stomach infra
Re: FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister by mikolo80: 7:14pm On Nov 28, 2017
Freshbank:
After d huge budgetary allocation 2 d fct, residents still have 2 pay for their welfare... Indeed there was a government
what is huge about it. Harvard budget bigger than Nigeria'
some fire departments in US bigger than our country

billions won't solve our problems, trillion will

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Evans Should Join APC And His Sins Will Be Forgiven" - Reno Omokri / Jonathan, Diezani Received Bribes For OPL 245, FG Tells London Court / Adeleke Vs Oyetola: Osun Tribunal Delivers Judgement Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.