Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,613 members, 7,885,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:26 AM

NSE Essay Competition Ends With A Gong - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NSE Essay Competition Ends With A Gong (386 Views)

A Story That Ends With The Statement: I Wish I Had Listened To My Parents / A Story That Ends With The Statement: I Wish I Had Listened To My Parents / NSE Rewards 2020 Best JAMB Engineering Candidates With N16m (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NSE Essay Competition Ends With A Gong by BoyCoyToy(m): 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2017
Source - http://thecatalystng..com

The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Essay Competition concludes on 29th November, 2017 with a closing gong in honour of the winners of the 2017 edition of the competition.
The essay competition, which is open to all secondary school students is an annual initiative of the Nigerian Stock Exchange. It is one of the exchange's financial and inclusion initiative aimed at building a financially savvy generation. The theme for the just-concluded edition is "Building a sustainable Capital Market".
At the closing gong, the finalists read their essays. The overall winner, Gbenjo Olasunmobi went home with N250,000 worth of shares, N500,000 fund for university scholarship, a laptop and certificate of achievement. Other runners-up are given prizes also. Olanipekun Opeyeoluwa and Chukwuemeka Oluchi both came first and second runners-up respectively.
Speaking at the occasion is Oby Ezekwesili, former minister of Education. " To increase investmen, we must increase our literacy level". She also charged the private sector to be more interested in the state of the schools on our nation.
The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) was established in 1960 as the Lagos Stock Exchange. In 1977, its name was changed from the Lagos Stock Exchange to the Nigerian Stock Exchange. As at March 7, 2017, it has 176 listed companies with a total
market capitalization of about N8.5 trillion. All listings are included in the Nigerian Stock Exchange All Shares
index . In terms of market capitalization, the Nigerian Stock Exchange is the third largest stock exchange in Africa.

Source - http://thecatalystng..com

(1) (Reply)

Full Funded Phd Scholarship In Czech Republic / Want An Informative, Entertaining,up To Date App? / Please House, Help Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.