Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,220 members, 7,884,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 07:21 AM

Nairaland Now Vs Nairaland Then - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Now Vs Nairaland Then (458 Views)

Nairaland Now Has Over 2 Million Members. / Breaking News: Nairaland Now Has 2,000,000 Members!! What A Milestone!! / Does Nairaland Now Forcefully Make Members Follow Topics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Now Vs Nairaland Then by UdePopo: 4:20am On Nov 30, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am happy you have decided to read my post below!

I know this topic has been mentioned and discussed in so many forums and websites. The topic is how Nairaland would have grown with the amount of traffic the site receives on daily basis - I remember that many people have criticized Seun for not taking NL to the next step, even changing to the current applications we have in the market - He told me why fix something that is not broken the last time i asked. I would say he was right then, but look at how the technology is changing everyday. Many forums I know have moved to social network type of a forum, where you receive reminders/messages for activities that took place on the forum/tag/like/@name etc - although, you have an option to opt of the instant reminder messages.

NL lacked these features for a while now and the application this forum was built on was created in 1980s if I could remember?

Today, Nairaland refuses to make a change with the scare that it may look members/traffic and Nigerians are still using the forum like that. If you ask me, what is the cause of the continuous use - I would say, it is hard for some people to loose their friends/contact on here or they do not want to learn new application. Provided it has a space that says "message" where they can drop their message, they don't give a damn!

I have been following NL for a while now, recently I found out that the site has been dropping in their ranking and loosing users. Even the ads spaces on here have been vacant for a while and many people don't advertise more. I remember when NL used to rank 7th among the top most visited sites in Nigeria. Today, in two years interval the site is ranking 10th. Also, I remember when the overall ranking for Nairaland was below 1000, today the site is ranking in 1,294+ (Alexa.com). According to Alexa.com owned by Amazon, the Nairaland that I know is loosing visitors everyday.

So my questions go like this-

1. Do you think it is time for Seun to embrace new technology?
2. Do you think the great NL is gradually dying off like Digg?
3. Do you think the analysis from Alexa is wrong, that NL is still powerful and new forum can kick its ass?

4. What change(s) do you expect from NL than to stay/remain the same for over ten years?
5. Do you think it is time for Seun to sell and start something new?
6. What do you have to say about NL in general?

Thank you for reading!
Re: Nairaland Now Vs Nairaland Then by Lionbite(m): 4:44am On Nov 30, 2017
Oga seun i dont care about statistics, just give us a message inbox right here on nairaland, not having to go through the stress of pm confirmation and e.mail palava. Bikonu

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / What Does Today Means To You? / Dubai Education Authority Now In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.