Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,067 members, 7,939,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

UNFPA Partners Toyin Saraki On Maternal Health - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UNFPA Partners Toyin Saraki On Maternal Health (389 Views)

UNFPA Partners With HACEY To Educate Youths On Sexual, Reproductive Health / Nigerians Must Prepare For Possible Ebola Outbreak - Toyin Saraki / Philanthropist Toyin Saraki On Her Mission To End Maternal Mortality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UNFPA Partners Toyin Saraki On Maternal Health by petecoolboy: 3:06pm On Nov 30, 2017
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is partnering the Wellbeing Foundation Africa (WBFA), founded by Mrs Toyin Saraki, to create advocacy on maternal and girl child health in Nigeria.

The partnership was made known when the UNFPA Country Representative, Dr Diene Keita led a delegation of UNFPA leadership on a courtesy visit to Mrs Saraki in Abuja.

The visit was the first official visit of the new country representative of the UN agency aimed at fostering relationship between both parties where UNFPA will fund WBFA’s activities, while WBFA supports UNFPA with advocacy and technical/programmatic interventions.

While welcoming the delegation, Mrs Saraki who is the Global Goodwill Ambassador of the International Confederation of Midwives, harped on the need for more advocacy on maternal health issues in Nigeria.

She said that the visit of the Country Representative would build a formal working relationship between The Wellbeing Foundation Africa (WBFA) and the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Country Office in Nigeria.

“This relationship will lead to an advocacy base that will be mutually beneficial to both organizations.

“Using our Foundation’s high-level advocacy, in local and global circles, it is my pleasure to commit to help support UNFPA’s work, including through advocating for a mobilization of resources from non-traditional sources, while keeping the sustained release of the government’s counterpart cash contribution (GCC) at the top of our mutually-agreed agenda.”

“I am delighted to welcome Dr Keita to Nigeria and I can assure her of the continued support of the entire team of the Wellbeing Foundation Africa.

“We will not rest until every pregnancy and delivery in Nigeria is safe, and women and girls have full access to the best livelihoods that they can ever aspire to, including the choice to have children, and at the frequency they are most comfortable with.”

In her reaction, the country Representative commended the foundation for their good work in maternal health.

Re: UNFPA Partners Toyin Saraki On Maternal Health by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2017
Good
Re: UNFPA Partners Toyin Saraki On Maternal Health by RemedyLab: 9:12pm On Nov 30, 2017
Women's health and wellbeing is essential in nation building. Check my signature for all natural remedies to various health issues.

(1) (Reply)

Amazing And Outstanding Method On Preventing Body Odour / Why Do I Shake After Peeing?? / Am Always Sick Before Or After My Birthday... Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.