Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,429 members, 7,917,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 12:20 AM

5 Young Men Released After Five Years Imprisonment Of A Murder They Didn't Do - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 5 Young Men Released After Five Years Imprisonment Of A Murder They Didn't Do (373 Views)

5 Young Men Lured By Fake Job Offer Brutally Murdered By Mexican Drug Cartel / Please She Said I Raped Her But I Didn't Do It Now She Is Threatening Me / Lady's Corpse Dumped On The Road In Anambra With A Murder Note (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Young Men Released After Five Years Imprisonment Of A Murder They Didn't Do by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 01, 2017
READ FULL STORY HERE :
http://www.khorgist.com/2017/12/5-young-men-released-after-five-years.html?m=1

Five young men who were sent to jail for an alleged murder, were discharged and acuitted by the Enugu High Court, after the court found them innocent of the crime, they apparently, knew nothing about.

According to reports, the young men have been in prison for five years, for a crime they knew nothing about.

After waiting to no avail for an eyewitness to come forward to testify against the them, the court ordered that they be released discharged and acquitted.

Facebook user, Chijioke Okibe, who shared a video of the excited youngmen wrote

“There were ecstatic jubilation of some awaiting trial men today at the Enugu high court complex when five of them who had spent five years in prison were discharged and acquitted of a crime they said they did not commit.”

“One of the freed men told me that their journey started since 2013 when they were detained by Enugu SARS at their cell but that it happened that one of the inmates who was asthmatic and was tortured by SARS men and that led to his death”

“Consequently according to the young man in his late twenties they were accused falsely of killing the young asthmatic boy.”

“Five of them were as a result incasarated for five years but were discharged and acquitted for want of diligent prosecution by Hon. justice C I Nwobodo today

(1) (Reply)

Cameroonian Returnee Names Nigerians As Part Of Masterminds / Police Arrest Driving Instructor Arrested For Allegedly Raping, Killing Corper / Father Of Eight Who Raped His 10-year-old Daughter Sentenced To 18 Years In Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.