Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,030 members, 7,915,983 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:26 PM

Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan (2156 Views)

Bayelsa APC In Crisis Over Jonathan’s Influence On Transition Committee / Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation / Etisalat Destroyed Itself By Choosing Buhari Over Jonathan – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by kahal29: 4:53pm On Dec 01, 2017
The Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima has berated former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri for daring him to present his WAEC certificate.

Trouble started when Shettima described Jonathan on Thursday as a clueless leader and an ‘unsophisticated country person’ while speaking at the launch of a book, “On a Platter of Gold: How Jonathan won and lost Nigeria,” authored by spokesperson of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bolaji Abdullahi.

Displeased by Shettima’s assertion, Omokri challenged the governor to publish his WAEC certificate alongside that of President Muhammadu Buhari since he described Jonathan as simpleton.

Reacting to Omokri’s remark, Shettima’s spokesperson, Isa Gusau said it’s embarrassing that WAEC results obtained before adulthood is being used to argue about the “leadership capacity of 60-year-old Jonathan, whose 16 years of service as Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice President and President should have been sufficient to prove those claimed distinctions.”

In a statement he signed and sent to DAILY POST, Gusau said, “I just couldn’t imagine why Mr Reno Omokri chose to embarrass President Goodluck Jonathan by using WAEC result obtained before adulthood to argue about leadership capacity when in actual sense, those seven distinctions he claimed the former President obtained as a teenager, should have become evident in his reasoning and actions within the 16 years he served as Deputy Governor and Governor in Bayelsa State from 1999 to 2007 and the years he served as Vice President and President from 2007 to 2015 as a senior adult.

“In leadership, intelligence and capacity are never claimed, they prove themselves. It is really a joke for Mr Reno Omokri, whom I thought was smart, to have even cited those results. If he must discuss academics, I would have expected him to discuss scholarly contributions from President Jonathan’s Masters Degree and PHD research works, with evidence of publication in any academic journal, to show how the former President is improving education from his works as an adult and not as WAEC-writing teenager.

“It is really a big joke to use pre-adulthood WAEC in discussing the capacity of a 60-year-old statesman and I will never support 50-year-old Governor Kashim Shettima getting involved in trading jokes. It is not in Governor Shettima’s character to boast about knowledge but should Reno insist, he is free to do a deep and factual reflection on Shettima’s handling of affairs in Borno State, he is free to talk to objective public affairs analysts and Reno is again free, to find out about Governor Shettima’s background from his secondary school, the University of Maiduguri where he had his first Degree and was retained as lecturer, from University of Ibadan where he obtained his Masters Degree or he can just ‘Google search’ to find testimonies of Mr Jim Ovia about Kashim Shettima’s records of performance at the Zenith Bank.

“Meanwhile, Mr Reno is reminded that Governor Shettima’s remarks about Jonathan have never been personal. Assessment on Jonathan’s capacity is a popular one from Nigeria and abroad and if Jonathan lacked capacity as most believe, Governor Shettima bore the most of that lack because his state, Borno, faced the most difficult challenges and he alone knows how frustrated he might have been seeing that little was done to save the situation.”.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/01/gov-shettima-fires-back-omokri-jonathan/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by agwom(m): 4:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by UmuEri(m): 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2017
Oya show us the academic WAEC Result you and Buhari got before adulthood let us be the judge. it is as simple as that.

if you believe both Shetima and Buhari dosent have any Academic Result click like!
if you believe even the fake once they have is full of F9 click share!

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by sanfranka2(m): 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2017
how is that my business..... since I heard that a 17 years old boy bought car for his mum, I have been thinking about my life
Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by SalamRushdie: 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2017
Its clear Both shettima amd Buhari dont havee their certs ready

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by Impenia: 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
In leadership, intelligence and capacity are never claimed, they prove themselves.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by UmuEri(m): 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2017
Impenia:
Yes, and whichever way you look at it, Reno is also right. Buhari's certificatelesness is currently showing in our Economy

5 Likes

Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by duality(m): 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2017
Since we didn't see the so called leadership from them, isn't it important we ask for the basic qualifications?

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by Impenia: 5:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
UmuEri:
Yes, and whichever way you look at it, Reno is also right. Buhari's certificatelesness is currently showing in our Economy
No, that is not the case! The economy under GEJ was different from the economy under PMB. Unfortunately, we cannot now know how GEJ would've performed with such challenging revenues. But I am pretty confident that PMB would perform much better than GEJ given the financial leakages that existed under GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:18pm On Dec 01, 2017
Impenia:
No, that is not the case! The economy under GEJ was different from the economy under PMB. Unfortunately, we cannot now know how GEJ would've performed with such challenging revenues. But I am pretty confident that PMB would perform much better than GEJ given the financial leakages that existed under GEJ.
So the looting by APC politicians now and Nnpc are not leakages?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by Ojiofor: 5:23pm On Dec 01, 2017
If you challenge Buhari to show his WAEC cert he will hire 200 SANS to defend him and here is another nepa bill certificate governor writing epistle upon a simple matter.
Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by clevvermind(m): 5:59pm On Dec 01, 2017
UmuEri:
Oya show us the academic WAEC Result you and Buhari got before adulthood let us be the judge. it is as simple as that.

if you believe both Shetima and Buhari dosent have any Academic Result click like!
Buhari has no result to show. maybe the military seized it sha.
Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
Show common WAEC result

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by Pavarottii(m): 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2017
no point in all he said. he should go and read what Reno wrote and reply again. not sure he read it or maybe he can't read. you can never be too sure.
Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 01, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Its clear Both shettima amd Buhari dont havee their certs ready
woman from Sudan
Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by SalamRushdie: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2017
bamidelee:

woman from Sudan

You mean Buhari is from Sudan shocked shocked
Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2017
“I just couldn’t imagine why Mr Reno Omokri chose to embarrass President Goodluck Jonathan by using WAEC result obtained before adulthood to argue about leadership capacity when in actual sense, those seven distinctions he claimed the former President obtained as a teenager, should have become evident in his reasoning and actions within the 16 years he served as Deputy Governor and Governor in Bayelsa State from 1999 to 2007 and the years he served as Vice President and President from 2007 to 2015 as a senior adult.

Brutality!

Unfortunately Ipob miscreants above, are just too daft to comprehend this jab! grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 01, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You mean Buhari is from Sudan shocked shocked
is buhari a woman
Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2017
Me think Reno is causing more harm than good to Jonathan's image. It is not everything that he rushes to respond.

As much as I find it silly that Shetimma and likes are in the habit of lashing at Jonathan instead of focus on the mismanagement of the incumbent, I think it is silly for Reno to ask for Shetimma's WAEC certificate considering that Shetimma was a top banker before he was appointed into Borno state cabinet in 2007. Prior to his bank engagement he was also a lecturer with the prestigious University of Ibadan and University of Maiduguri.

Meanwhile, academic attainment is never statement of leadership expertise! Reno should challenge him in other areas instead of Academics... But again, he doesn't have to respond to everything and everyone!

I think Jonathan should consider hiring a professional Image/Reputation manager to handle him instead of relying on SM guys.

4 Likes

Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Me think Reno is causing more harm than good to Jonathan's image. It is not everything that he rushes to respond.

As much as I find it silly that Shetimma and likes are in the habit of lashing at Jonathan instead of focus on the mismanagement of the incumbent, I think it is silly for Reno to ask for Shetimma's WAEC certificate considering that Shetimma was a top banker before he was appointed into Borno state cabinet in 2007. Prior to his bank engagement he was also a lecturer with the prestigious University of Ibadan and University of Maiduguri.

Meanwhile, academic attainment is never statement of leadership expertise! Reno should challenge him in other areas instead of Academics... But again, he doesn't have to respond to everything and everyone!

I think Jonathan should consider hiring a professional Image/Reputation manager to handle him instead of relying on SM guys.

The guy is embarrassing Jonathan on daily basis! However, i still blame the clueless jonathan, who couldnt tame a hate filled liar, posing as his image maker. So nauseating!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by Pontaboki: 7:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
Very simple thing,show us your certificate.
Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 01, 2017
This clown skipped the bulk of Reno's claims. Any sensible person realized that Shettima's slander was politically themed, so Reno also made a politically themed statement about certificate as a reference to the pastoral dullard who presented dozens of SANs and scores of lawyers when he was charged to court to present his certificate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by KwoiZabo(m): 7:24pm On Dec 01, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Brutality!

Unfortunately Ipob miscreants above, are just too daft to comprehend this jab! grin
Old woman. Get behind us
Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by magoo10(m): 8:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
Certificsteless touts in power
Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by stev120(m): 8:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
Mr shetimma stop beating around the bush just flash your certificate. ..ooo...
Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by byemx06(m): 8:56pm On Dec 01, 2017
sanfranka2:
how is that my business..... since I heard that a 17 years old boy bought car for his mum, I have been thinking about my life

hmmmm person gats to think oooo
Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by OKKO(m): 10:58pm On Dec 01, 2017
it is only in Nigeria that you ask people for a simple document, basic qualification to the office they are occupying and they hire SANs and head to court to stop you.

as simple as road block police men asks for vehicle papers.
Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by pedel: 7:43am On Dec 02, 2017
Just read the trash you wrote here. You should put the phone down somewhere and go and face your school assignment/home work.
Lazy and ignorant kid.
UmuEri:

Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by kahal29: 7:44am On Dec 02, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Mmmmmh
Re: Gov. Shettima Fires Back At Omokri Over Jonathan by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 02, 2017
Bastard! Just show your certificate and save us all these hullabaloo. Bunch of blood thirsty narcissistic, sadistic northern parasitic illiterates who chose to sacrifice the lives of their people just to hold onto power. Useless boko haram sympathiser.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This The End Of IPOB And It’s Struggle?? / Nigeria Is The 4th Poorest Country In The World / Why Are Igbos Keep Wailing Over Abiola Posthumous GCFR.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.