Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,584 members, 7,917,871 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 05:10 PM

Easter Vs Black Heritage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Easter Vs Black Heritage (653 Views)

Easter Vs Christmas... Opinion Needed / Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola / "HOLY BIBLE VS BLACK BERRY" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easter Vs Black Heritage by Ralfostic(m): 8:22pm On Mar 28, 2010
I have been looking for someone to say something about Fashola, but that has been the problem with Lagosians.
What it takes for evil to prosper is for righteous people to fold their arms.
Easter is an international holiday for Christians and it is very irresponsible and disrespectful of Fashola to allow a pagan ‘Wole Shoyinka’ to bring his own celebration to the week of Easter. What a bold move. Muslims will not take this nonsense Wole is pulling, if you don’t believe in God, how dear you try to tamper with those who KNOWS that JESUS is the son of God and he resurrected on the 3rd day after he was crucified for all… even for you Oga Wole.
And our governor, that has joined forces and permitted this insanity. Fashola, this is unacceptable. You will not permit this to happen on Sallah or any Islamic holiday. I’m reminded of the Miss World Beauty Pageant that was meant to hold in Abuja but was moved to London because it fell to the fasting period of the Muslims.
Jesus has been in existence for before black heritage… and by the way, what heritage do we have as blacks? We are full of evil, sacrifice, witchcraft, polygamy etc.
FASHOLA STOP THIS MADNESS!!! PUSH YOUR HERITAGE TO ANOTHER WEEK> DON’T MESS WITH GOD! DON’T LET HIM STRIKE YOU. BECAUSE WHEN YOU WERE LIITLE IN YOUR SIGHT, HE RAISED YOU. WE ALL ELECTED YOU IN BECOS THAT’S WHAT WE WANT, NOW WE WANT YOU TO CANCLE THIS.
I am vexed, Christians are vexed, and God is waiting for you to do something drastic about this, before something drastic befalls you. I so much respect our governor, but his acts lately have deflated the high esteem I held him.
-Ralph Dee
Re: Easter Vs Black Heritage by David2020(m): 8:24am On Mar 29, 2010
Fashola is a muslim. and he will not want to compromise his faith. For the sake of not making the wrath of his fellow muslim brothers come on him. He takes Jesus for granted (xtians). Y can't he give xtians free ride on his BRT on easter day of Xmas but he can give free ride to his fellow muslim brothers on eldilkabir and free ride to idol worshippers (Eyo, Black Madness, ). i know the anger of the lord will soon come on him if he does not retrace his steps. Cos i see that he is taking Christ Jesus for a mere being. But its all wrong cos soon, the wrath of God is coming. on all those that takes God lightly.
Re: Easter Vs Black Heritage by churchboi: 9:25am On Mar 29, 2010
Why is it that none of these people, starting from the governor fashola, soyinka, even Tunde bakare who is supposed to be representing the christian community, see that this is an act of stupidity, holding such an event during one of the Christian's holy celebration period.

it is disrespectful, and a total insult to Christians nationwide. Senseless acts like this fuel religious crisis and fashola has been on subtly going against the christian community in Lagos state. This thread should be the hottest right now but a lot of christians are turning a blind eye to the subtle actions against them by Fsahola.

First there was the bill passed against use of bullhorns, then the bill against conversion of buildings to churches and now this! Still got some more stuff to share but lets see how people will react to this.
Re: Easter Vs Black Heritage by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 29, 2010
Ralfostic:

I have been looking for someone to say something about Fashola, but that has been the problem with Lagosians.
What it takes for evil to prosper is for righteous people to fold their arms.
Easter is an international holiday for Christians and it is very irresponsible and disrespectful of Fashola to allow a pagan ‘Wole Shoyinka’ to bring his own celebration to the week of Easter. What a bold move. Muslims will not take this nonsense Wole is pulling, if you don’t believe in God, how dear you try to tamper with those who KNOWS that JESUS is the son of God and he resurrected on the 3rd day after he was crucified for all… even for you Oga Wole.
And our governor, that has joined forces and permitted this insanity. Fashola, this is unacceptable. You will not permit this to happen on Sallah or any Islamic holiday. I’m reminded of the Miss World Beauty Pageant that was meant to hold in Abuja but was moved to London because it fell to the fasting period of the Muslims.
Jesus has been in existence for before black heritage… [b]and by the way, what heritage do we have as blacks? We are full of evil, sacrifice, witchcraft, polygamy etc.[/b]FASHOLA STOP THIS MADNESS!!! PUSH YOUR HERITAGE TO ANOTHER WEEK> DON’T MESS WITH GOD! DON’T LET HIM STRIKE YOU. BECAUSE WHEN YOU WERE LIITLE IN YOUR SIGHT, HE RAISED YOU. WE ALL ELECTED YOU IN BECOS THAT’S WHAT WE WANT, NOW WE WANT YOU TO CANCLE THIS.
I am vexed, Christians are vexed, and God is waiting for you to do something drastic about this, before something drastic befalls you. I so much respect our governor, but his acts lately have deflated the high esteem I held him.
-Ralph Dee

low self esteem!!!!!!
Re: Easter Vs Black Heritage by churchboi: 8:02am On Mar 30, 2010
Low self esteem- what does that mean?

Anyways this topic is not only going on here, its on fire at this spot-
http://www.punchng.com/AddComments.aspx?theartic=Art201003295353478

Im glad christians are finally realizing the agenda of the governor fashola to Islamize Lagos instead of allowing the a fair playing field for all.

(1) (Reply)

Pray Along With Me / Вопрос ответ / The Message For Our Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.