Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,115 members, 7,916,261 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 07:02 PM

Atiku: I can only visit United State if I am made President just like PMB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: I can only visit United State if I am made President just like PMB (582 Views)

Just Because He Looks Like Pmb Kano Standstills For Him / Atiku: I Don't Smoke, I Don't Drink, I Stopped Womanizing; I'm Romantic (Video) / Aisha Alhassan: If Buhari Sacks Me For Supporting Atiku, I Will Not Be Bothered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku: I can only visit United State if I am made President just like PMB by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2017
By Samuel Ogundipe

President Muhammadu Buhari was banned from entering the United States because Americans had reservations about his religious views, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar said Friday.

Critics have long accused Mr. Buhari of holding extreme religious views that antithetical to modern democratic principles.

In 2001, Mr. Buhari drew nationwide backlash when he declared his total commitment to Islamic doctrine of Shari’a and called on Muslims to only vote for their fellow Muslims during elections.

But the president has denied being an extremist, saying he tolerates other religions as much as he does his Muslim faith.

“For about 15 years, Buhari could not enter America on account of religious considerations,” Mr. Abubakar said in an interview with Dele Momodu which was published in The Boss Newspaper Saturday.

Mr. Momodu had asked Mr. Abubakar why he had not been able to visit the United States for many years, amid speculations that he is wanted in that country for a slew of sharp practices.

Mr. Abubakar, who is expected to run for president in 2019, said the U.S. authorities have nothing against him. He said he was able to visit Europe regularly without being arrested for onward extradition to the U.S.

The former vice president said if Nigerians elect him president, he would be allowed into the United States just like Mr. Buhari and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, both of whom are now being accorded red carpet treatments in the U.S. after becoming leaders of their respective countries.

Mr. Abubakar was named in at least one fraudulent deal in the United States, which involved contract award in Nigeria.

An American congressman Williams Jefferson was jailed in 2009 after being convicted by the FBI in relation to that case. A $100,000 cash which federal agents found in Mr. Jefferson’s apartment during a raid was said to have been from Mr. Abubakar.

Mr. Jefferson acted as a middleman in the deal, which saw him use his political connection to top Nigerian officials to get the broadband contract for iGate, a company linked to his immediate family members.

The U.S. Embassy in Abuja did not immediately respond to PREMIUM TIMES email seeking comments Saturday afternoon.

Presidential spokespersons Femi Adesina and Garba Shehu, did not immediately respond to PREMIUM TIMES’ requests for comments Saturday.

Mr. Abubakar, vice-president from 1999-2007, dumped the ruling All Progressives Congress last week Friday, citing failure by the Buhari administration to improve the quality of life in the country and neglect of the youth in federal cabinet appointment.

His political allies have indicated that Mr. Atiku was on his way to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, which has opened its doors to him.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/251229-buhari-banned-entering-u-s-15-years-atiku.html

1 Like

Re: Atiku: I can only visit United State if I am made President just like PMB by Airforce1(m): 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2017
Wow

Never knew Mr buhari was banned from entering united states before he became president
Re: Atiku: I can only visit United State if I am made President just like PMB by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2017
Ok oh... We have "hear", you need our votes for your visa application ko?
Re: Atiku: I can only visit United State if I am made President just like PMB by Cajal(m): 7:09pm On Dec 02, 2017
ATIKU BAN IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT HE IS V CURRUPT
PMB.BAN IS DUE TO RELIGION MISCONCEPTIO .
Atiku is further killing his reputation....must u be saying all these.....
Re: Atiku: I can only visit United State if I am made President just like PMB by yarimo(m): 7:13pm On Dec 02, 2017
That means Atiku you will never visit AMERICA ,because you will never be president of Nigeria by the grace of God.

(1) (Reply)

Forget 2019!: Arewa Youths To Buhari / Donald Trump Is God Sent – Prophet Kumoluyi / Policeman Sent To Stop Fight Breaks Man's Head With Stick In Niger. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.