Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,769 members, 7,921,740 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:41 AM

When Envy And Gossip Brace For A Mission - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Envy And Gossip Brace For A Mission (458 Views)

Bishop Abioye In Winners Chapel's Jet Enroute A Mission Trip / RCCG Sunday School Students Jan. 28th, Lesson 22 : Topic — Envy And Jealousy / Rccg Sunday School Student Manual(28/01/2018) Envy And Jealousy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Envy And Gossip Brace For A Mission by ken2015: 9:57am On Dec 03, 2017
When Envy And Gossip Brace For A Mission
Just recently, at the closing of the celebration marking the kingship of the King of the universe, I had managed to get my spirit into the spirit of the event, not minding my ongoing fight with this fever kicking me for days now. The changing weather seems to be using its macho, harsh fists on me. Yet, I am beating it to the game, though, since the effect could hardly show on my face. Night fever isn't quite a good visitor to entertain! But...what else? I've learned, that nothing lasts, even this fever. Therefore, even when you find yourself trapped indoors or slowed down by the hit of a fever, just give it time and it'll pass away.
So I was very calm than was customary of me, and almost speechless where I was seated, looking steadily towards the direction of the Eternal King as the priest lifted him up. The dust in the air couldn't let me concentrate. I literally was eating the particles through the nose.
Just then, a finely built elderly man, I believe he should be somewhere around his 60s, came up from behind and tapped me on the shoulder.
He looked defeated in his own world. I could tell at once he doesn't belong to the world of the poor. His appearance told me everything in a flash. But the rich also cry!
"What could be the fight going on in him? He must be facing a sort of Anthony Joshua of a situation on the inside," I said to myself.
"You look very much like a seminarian that gave me communion at my parish sometime last month...." He quickly mentioned the name of the parish. " Oh, sir, of course you are looking at the same person, only that he isn't a seminarian but a religious brother from Congregation of the Brothers of St. Stephen." I jokingly responded. "I see...hmmm...aren't you too young for that kind of life?" He asked at once. " Oh, maybe my look is deceiving you, sir. I may be older than you think. I guess there is no set age for the religious life; and age, I believe, is a thing of the mind and never something of the calendar. " I jokingly replied him. "And you, you look bothered, aren't you?" I quickly cut in.
"Of course I am. In fact that's the reason I came to share with you." He said. "Ok...may I know what the matter is, please." I said.
"Thank you Brother. The issue is that I have treated an innocent boy very badly; and since I discovered the truth about the matter, I haven't had peace of mind. If my guesses aren't wrong, the boy in question should be around your age. I picked him from a very poor family to serve me as an apprentice. I have shops at Main Market where he and my brothers in-law who are in the same apprenticeship with him stay. I gave the said boy what you could call the choicest of the shops because of his personality and commitment to my business. His settlement is slated for Easter next year. But sometime early this year, my brothers in-law started bringing in a lot of bad reports about him, accusing him of cheating and stealing. They all sleep in the same room, so I took their words to be true. Although there wasn't any substantial evidence of liquidation in the shop he was managing and his character didn't change either. But as my brothers in-law continued to bring in reports against him almost on a daily basis, I started developing some level of hatred towards him. And this was a boy I loved very dearly, of which all of them knew it. Last two months, they brought another allegation of stealing against him and this time saying he bought a house with my money, and that the location was somewhere at Asaba. Already I had developed this Ill feelings towards him that when that news came in, I immediately jumped into conclusion that it must be true, since there is a saying that 'in every accusation there is always an element of truth.' On this account my wife urged me to send him parking and hand over the shop he was managing to one of his brothers, and I did. The boy's name is "Chiemeka". Just last week something happened that opened my eyes to the truth. They had accused him falsely! The poor boy was innocent all the while. I never knew they merely being envious of him and had their eyes on the shop I gave him; and they never liked the fact that I loved that boy more than them. My wife also didn't help matters, at all.
My first son, who is in school, somehow got wind of the situation and my consequent action towards Emeka, and went into thorough investigation. He was the one who found out the whole truth concerning the matter. My kids also love the boy dearly."
"I have practically lost peace of mind since I discovered the truth, and every effort I have made to bring Chiemeka back seems to be a waste of time. He's this praying type that doesn't talk much but likes being left in his world. I learnt he even said under oath that nothing would make him return to my house or receive any dime from me as settlement for the six years he served me. I never knew I could act so foolishly, and I have myself to blame for all this mess. Since this incident happened, my blood pressure has jumped, and, I've noticed that my income keeps dropping heavily by the day. Very recently, I met a priest in Enugu for solution to my continued and increasing setback in business since the past one month now, and he told me I had wronged an innocent soul and as a result the arm of justice is up against me. He said I must go and make things right else I may soon loose everything I have now. But...brother.... loosing my things is not just the issue here, but how to get Chiemeka to forgive me and return to my house. Or even if he doesn't want to return to the house, let him accept that I settle him as supposed. I've always lived carefully not to trample on anyone's feet; and I am ready to make things right in this case. Do you have any Idea what I could do to win his heart back and get him to the table for settlement?" He asked.
"This is not surprising to hear, sir... I mean the downward plunge you are experiencing in your finances now. I've seen a whole village, even communities, families, religious bodies etc held hostage because of an act of injustice meted to one innocent soul. God is a firm upholder of justice and the cry of a just person treated badly will always get to his ears. The inescapable arm of Justice is too long that none of us can escape it when it comes knocking. Nevertheless, you've shown yourself a just man by accepting the blame to yourself and seeking for ways to make things right again. That's a plus for you and a good start as well. It shows you aren't like other Ogas who would gladly seize this kind of opportunity for their selfish gain. The only mistake was you allowing yourself to be influenced by mere gossip lacking any substantial evidence.
Gossip has shattered destinies, set homes, marriages, communities ablaze, destroyed lives and withheld progress where otherwise should not be. As you can see, gossip is the principal agent of destruction in this case, fueled by envy and jealousy. It's obvious that Chiemeka was a Joseph in the house and your brothers in-law were the incensed ten with evil intent against the blessed one. Such is always the case where people allow folly to reign in their hearts. Nevertheless, I'd like to obtain Chiemeka's contact number. You may have my number and if you truly need my help, you can call me once you get his number, and the rest will be history. I've had similar experiences on many occasions, where I was painted black for reasons unknown to me. I believe after sharing my experiences with Emeka, he'll see there are others like him who have had quite similar experiences, if not far worse, but they didn't let the current sweep them off their feet. He'll sure have a rethink." I said.
"Thank you brother. I'll surely get back to you once I get his telephone number. I'll forever remain grateful to you if you would help me get over this situation. it's up to my neck now." He said.
"Don't worry, sir. You are a good man yourself, and that's the only reason you are very much concerned about how to make things right again. Some senseless, selfish men would have carried on with life without batting an eye unless when their business collapsed beyond resuscitation. It's well anyway. Give my greetings to your wife. Maybe one day I shall have the opportunity to share some words with her. I'll be going now. I need to go take my pills. But before I leave, I wish you permit me to share our discussion in my column for others to learn. I won't include your name and the victim will get a pseudo name, please."Oh! You are free, please." he said. "Remain blessed then."
Lesson
Things are not always what they seem to be. Always think deeply before you act.
The saying " there is always an element of truth in every allegation " has deceived many into error. Don't give judgement based on hearsay. Irredeemable mistakes have been made by this. I've realized that there are people who have taken it as their assignment on earth to tarnish other peoples' images. Such people will stop at nothing to achieve their satanic aim. Jesus said they are like their Father--Lucifer--who has been a murder from the onset. For instance, who would have believed that Hon. Tony Nwoye of the APC was not a cultist as was widely speculated. The accusation was that he is a cult leader and a dangerous one at that. But the truth has surfaced now, and many who helped to peddle that rumor, seeing the truth now are regretting their actions. Only fools and gossips spend precious time to listen to gossip and gossips. Let love and wisdom lead in every judgment you make. there are actions that are irredeemable.Thanks and God bless you. Have a nice and splendid week ahead of you.
Br. Kenneth Chigozie Alamezie, BSS.

(1) (Reply)

How I Led Catholics Out Of The Church / Why Do You Repent But Yet You Keep Falling, Here Is True Repentance / Mad Man In Port Harcourt Was Healed By Hanging 5nights Of Glory Tag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.