Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,916 members, 7,872,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:24 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1327660 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by NikyO: 7:34am On Feb 26, 2018
sthillz:

Use what you have on your international passport.

I too did newspaper change of name but no affidavit. Without a sworn affidavit, it is not officially legal

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 8:01am On Feb 26, 2018
Tojued:

It's not too late, go to their office this morning or have someone go for you. Hopefully you still get your original date.

Things can work seamlessly in this country, BC are just basically inefficient and insensitive. I'd advice anyone who doesn't have time for manual processing to go for MOD.

Exactly the same thing happened to me I was forming busy and almost lost my date. Meanwhile refund is technically impossible.

Please what is MOD?? Enough abbreviations in this threaD i want to learn..what is PUM?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 8:02am On Feb 26, 2018
Yes i want to start the process now...You guys have gingered me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 8:34am On Feb 26, 2018
Read, Read and Read. This is page 344.
All these abbreviations have been explained in previous pages.

Thank you.

luffyhaki:

Please what is MOD?? Enough abbreviations in this threaD i want to learn..what is PUM?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 8:37am On Feb 26, 2018
ysteph:
Read, Read and Read. This is page 344.
All these abbreviations have been explained in previous pages.

Thank you.

Funny enough i don read tireeee...No problem sha..Im sure ill absorb all with time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 8:40am On Feb 26, 2018
luffyhaki:

hahahaha so i have mature enough to call someone JJC. Check page 0 there's a link to abbreviations. But PUM means pick up mail. Fastest way to learn is to read page zero and follow all the links.

MOD is an organisation that coordinates IELTS, just like British Council (BC).

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 8:57am On Feb 26, 2018
Tojued:

hahahaha so i have mature enough to call someone JJC. Check page 0 there's a link to abbreviations. But PUM means pick up mail. Fastest way to learn is to read page zero and follow all the links.

MOD is an organisation that coordinates IELTS, just like British Council (BC).

Thanks bro...My BC date too far..my blood is too hot to wait for april..Ill consider MOD..

WES is even in process...blood is hot guysssss

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by coolangel54(f): 8:57am On Feb 26, 2018
angry angry Good morning N/Ls. Please who has successfully transferred his payment to BC via mobile transfer from Zenith? Standard Chartered Bank which is BC beneficiary name does not pop up in the list of banks in my app. Please assist. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bestdiddy: 8:58am On Feb 26, 2018
Many Thanks and God bless
pepe1:

I learned from this thread that WES doesn't assess ICAN as they consider it a professional certificate.

Someone confirmed few pages back that WES assessed his AAT.

Just search this thread, you will also find page 0 very helpful.

The best time to jump into the pool is when you have your ECA and IELTS result.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 8:59am On Feb 26, 2018
Wow..MOD dates are very cool..unlike BC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bestdiddy: 9:45am On Feb 26, 2018
Many Thanks

God bless
ysteph:
If you read the last three or four pages. You'll see someone talked about AAT and WES etc.

Also use the search thread.
I have no idea about it I would have helped.

Best of luck.

BTW congrats on your solid IELTS result.

quote author=bestdiddy post=65342213]Hi ALL,

I am so sorry but I feel bad for being ignored
Can anyone help out please
I need to start my application asap
Please I am begging
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bestdiddy: 9:46am On Feb 26, 2018
Many Thanks

God bless

happytbaby:
Sorry, when you said we should call you nau and some people are too busy to call or probably don't want to use their phones to call someone they don't know. E ma binu.

Me I thought you might not have time to come back here to read responses so I waka pass.

Let me make an attempt....If age is on your side I think you should wait and do your induction in May. I don't know much about ICAN ATS and AAT so I may not be making sense.

Are you saying you have a Bsc in addition to being an ICAN member who went through the foundation stages? If yes, I suggest you wait till induction in May or pop into ICAN office at Ebutte Meta to ask if you can get a statement of result for your ATS and if they can send transcripts pending when you do the induction....you may just walk in to pay for all the induction things and ask what they can do......

I have some business with them this coming week, let me know if you are not in Lagos, maybe I can help make enquiries.

I am talking about ATS because people do not get a positive evaluation for complete ICAN memebership itself.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by canny201: 9:50am On Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys,

I am trying to review my options for meeting the PoF requirements. A family friend wants to give me the said amount. So, should I get the money across to my dad or mom and have either transfer the funds into my account with supporting gift deed documentation OR will it be better to get the funds directly from the family friend and buy T-bills for 3-4 months? I don't want my family friend to issue me a gift deed. Other suggestions are also welcome.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Eilenora: 10:01am On Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys.

Pls with regards to POF, i have a qstn, hubby is an employee but dsnt rli have much in his salary account. However on the side he is majority shareholder in a coy, owing up to 75% shareholding. He is also a director on the board. Can we use d coys papers, statememt of accout and evidence of d coy's investment in t-bills as POF?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dtush(f): 10:07am On Feb 26, 2018
canny201:
Hi guys,

I am trying to review my options for meeting the PoF requirements. A family friend wants to give me the said amount. So, should I get the money across to my dad or mom and have either transfer the funds into my account with supporting gift deed documentation OR will it be better to get the funds directly from the family friend and buy T-bills for 3-4 months? I don't want my family friend to issue me a gift deed. Other suggestions are also welcome.

Thank you.

In terms of proof of fund, its usually more believable if its from a family member. So even me i find it hard to believe a friends wants to dash you such a sum.

I think its better through one of your parents den to you.

You will just include evidence of transfer from your parents. ( u can just print 3 days statement around that period if its not part of the days your statement will include or transfer receipt of the said inflow)

and gift deed
All the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 10:08am On Feb 26, 2018
People here have scaled through with gift deed from friends sha.
dtush:

In terms of proof of fund, its usually more believable if its from a family member. So even me i find it hard to believe a friends wants to dash you such a sum.

I think its better through one of your parents den to you.

You will just include evidence of transfer from your parents. ( u can just print 3 days statement around that period if its not part of the days your statement will include or transfer receipt of the said inflow)

and gift deed
All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 26, 2018
Hello there, No you can't use that. Whatever you are showing should be in either spouse name or a joint account. The company is a separate entity from your husband even if he owns 100% shareholding. The company owns the funds, investments etc and not your husband. Hope this helps
Eilenora:
Hi guys.

Pls with regards to POF, i have a qstn, hubby is an employee but dsnt rli have much in his salary account. However on the side he is majority shareholder in a coy, owing up to 75% shareholding. He is also a director on the board. Can we use d coys papers, statememt of accout and evidence of d coy's investment in t-bills as POF?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Vancouver4(f): 10:38am On Feb 26, 2018
coolangel54:
angry angry Good morning N/Ls. Please who has successfully transferred his payment to BC via mobile transfer from Zenith? Standard Chartered Bank which is BC beneficiary name does not pop up in the list of banks in my app. Please assist. Thank you.

I did.
You need to configure the account number first.
I think it's some figures, ur exam chosen month and the last two digits of ur international passport. Pls check payment illustration on their website. As soon as you input the configured account number, the account name "British council" will show.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 26, 2018
Good day guys,

Please I have a little issue, I received a request letter on my cic account. All effort to proved abortive. I remember someone had the same issue sometime last year. Please any suggestion on how to open the message? I usually get an error message when I click the link.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ambidextrause: 11:15am On Feb 26, 2018
Please keep on keeping on and do not give up.

Cheers!

Bimsebony:

CONGRATULATIONS! Thanks for sharing your story!!! I am encouraged not to give up.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ambidextrause: 11:21am On Feb 26, 2018
It took 21 days for application status to change to "approved" on my CIC account, post "passport received" at Accra. Then extra 2 days for PUM. Usually after PUM, DHL delivers three days after you authorize them to "pïck-up."

ewa2014:
Congratulations this is a mind blowing testimony... I look forward to sharing mine soon too...

Can you pls share when exactly you sent your passport to Accra... and how long before PUM. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ambidextrause: 11:26am On Feb 26, 2018
It took 2 days.

caon:
wow I am speechless.indeed our God is still in the business of performing miracles.congrats wishing u all the best.how many days or weeks did it take u to get PUM after sending your passport to accra
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by attenmove: 11:34am On Feb 26, 2018
Let me first appreciate the creator of this thread and every poster here. You guys are doing a lot here. You are all blessed.
I have to register as a member today just beacause of this thread.

A quick one, please. Is is a must that my spouse must take IELTS before I, the Principal Applicant can enter the pool?

Thanks for your valued answers.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by coolangel54(f): 11:38am On Feb 26, 2018
angry
Vancouver4:

I did.
You need to configure the account number first.
I think it's some figures, ur exam chosen month and the last two digits of ur international passport. Pls check payment illustration on their website. As soon as you input the configured account number, the account name "British council" will show.
Was it *966*amount*the generated account number# you dialled on your phone? My senith app is no more working so I just dialled that code.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by coolangel54(f): 11:39am On Feb 26, 2018
attenmove:
Let me first appreciate the creator of this thread and every poster here. You guys are doing a lot here. You are all blessed.

A quick one, please. Is is a must that my spouse must take IELTS before I, the Principal Applicant can enter the pool?

No, but if it will increase your CRS score and chances, YES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 11:53am On Feb 26, 2018
attenmove:

Welcome to the thread. Please do yourself a huge favor and read the first page and as many other pages as you can. You'll learn a lot

Its not a must for a spouse to do IELTS or get EC. However, depending on the CRS scores without it, it might be necessary

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekysilk: 11:57am On Feb 26, 2018
Jolao:

Nothing is wrong with using speakers, it all depends on your concentration level, i wrote with MOD/ IDP and i had a good result. Wish you all the best
Thank u jare. All these speaker headphone brouhaha sef. Coman ask those of us that started this IELTS journey since 2013-2014, na speaker for National Theater, Iganmu hall British council dey use. When did British council upgrade to headset sef. Early 2015.

Apart from the MOD/IDP cost of EOR/remarking, I don't think there's anything wrong in using speakers. Just focus and concentrate.

Wish everyone good luck.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by attenmove: 12:00pm On Feb 26, 2018
coolangel54:

No, but if it will increase your CRS score and chances, YES.
Ethelia:

Welcome to the thread. Please do yourself a huge favor and read the first page and as many other pages as you can. You'll learn a lot

Its not a must for a spouse to do IELTS or get EC. However, depending on the CRS scores without it, it might be necessary

Thanks for your swift responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 12:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
sleekysilk:

Thank u jare. All these speaker headphone brouhaha sef. Coman ask those of us that started this IELTS journey since 2013-2014, na speaker for National Theater, Iganmu hall British council dey use. When did British council upgrade to headset sef. Early 2015.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 26, 2018
attenmove:

Not compulsory that he writes IELT or evaluate his Certificates. If you can calculate your probable points without him and still score above 450, my dear; you are good to go without him in writing the exam. Best of luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 26, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Eilenora: 1:03pm On Feb 26, 2018
What if the Company does a resolution confirming that he has up to 75% beneficial interest in the Company and so is allowed to utilize the Company funds/statement and other documentation for the purpose?

Aig84:
Hello there, No you can't use that. Whatever you are showing should be in either spouse name or a joint account. The company is a separate entity from your husband even if he owns 100% shareholding. The company owns the funds, investments etc and not your husband. Hope this helps

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.