Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,302 members, 7,887,892 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:58 PM

Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie (66272 Views)

An All-Female Pilot Crew Crashed The U.S Navy Spy Plane In The Sea (Photos) / Eva Gichuru: Female Pilot Applauded For Landing Plane Safely Despite Bad Weather / Men Take Selfie After Surviving Fatal Accident That Killed 2 Passengers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by adaxxy: 7:11pm On Dec 04, 2017
bkfilms:

SHE IS NOT 25 YEARS
she was a course mate.
the girl in the far right

us 12yrs ago
sweetheart kisses to you,
Imole is more than 25yrs

1 Like

Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by adaxxy: 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:

Thought I was d only one that saw t o. If she truly z 25 n this lady/man that claims to work with Aero says that she had been flying for 10 yrs, that means that she started flying at the age of 15.

Hmmmmmmmmm

What am I even saying. . Z t my aeroplane?
you can can call me anything you want but the point is Imole is not a big statured of a person but she's more than 25yrs ,
Don't be decieved by her small body
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by adaxxy: 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2017
bkfilms:

SHE IS NOT 25 YEARS
she was a course mate.
the girl in the far right

us 12yrs ago
please Tell them when she joined Aero
Aerocontractors has always been her first place to work
I told them she joined Aero 10years ago and you showed pictures of her and you in Zaria 12years ago
Thanks lovely
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by osewanu(m): 7:24pm On Dec 04, 2017
She's not 25 and her name is Captain Imoleayo Adebule of aero. There's nothing like a full pilot or half pilot. A pilot is a pilot. Social media and propagation of fake information.
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by adaxxy: 7:30pm On Dec 04, 2017
osewanu:
She's not 25 and her name is Captain Imoleayo Adebule of aero. There's nothing like a full pilot or half pilot. A pilot is a pilot. Social media and propagation of fake information.
kiss
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by colossus91(m): 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2017
ProWalker:

The grey matter in her brain is enough to dwarf all you will ever hope to achieve in this life..what about that ?

the pilot n.a. yur sister? shocked
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by honeyd1: 7:40pm On Dec 04, 2017
She is such a good pilot. She flew me from Abuja to Lagos last week Wednesday. Such am impressive young Lady.

1 Like

Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 04, 2017
Evablizin:
Amen.
natural woman
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by adaxxy: 8:25pm On Dec 04, 2017
Welcomme:
You can go straight to Aviation school after your secondary school. All my friends that are pilots didnt go to a university.
you are so on point
Please tell the odensions saying Imole is too young to be a captain,
Were they there when she started her journey.
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by adaxxy: 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2017
honeyd1:
She is such a good pilot. She flew me from Abuja to Lagos last week Wednesday. Such am impressive young Lady.
please tell them again
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2017
adaxxy:
you can can call me anything you want but the point is Imole is not a big statured of a person but she's more than 25yrs ,
Don't be decieved by her small body

I'm really sorry if u took t d wrong way. I was writing based on what OP posted that she z 25... Now that u've cleared t that she isn't 25, I think t explains why u made d point about her flying 10years ago

Apologies again
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by spartacus11(m): 8:59pm On Dec 04, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:

you don't need any goddamn degree to become a pilot sef. You don't need to waste 4 yrs of your precious life in any goddamn university. All you need is the money. Once you have the money, you've made. You can even first start as a flight dispatcher. 900k-1m will get you trained. From there after working for a few years, you can save to get a CPL OR PPL training.
Throw more light on this please, where are the institutions located for the first training...
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by adaxxy: 8:59pm On Dec 04, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:

I'm really sorry if u took t d wrong way. I was writing based on what OP posted that she z 25... Now that u've cleared t that she isn't 25, I think t explains why u made d point about her flying 10years ago

Apologies again
you don't need to apologise sweetheart.,
We are good.
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by adaxxy: 9:03pm On Dec 04, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:

Apologies again
you don't need to apologise sweetheart,
We are good.
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by bigtt76(f): 9:12pm On Dec 04, 2017
These ones be forming slay queens and mama's while their mate de hammer as pilot SMH and Shane nor do dem sef, dem de pose with her grin

ChangeIsCostant:
A 25-year-old female pilot dazzled and amazed some of her passengers after a flight to Abuja earlier today. According to a surprised Facebook user, Imade Alonge Ize-Iyamu, the young lady identified as Captain Ibiyemi flew the plane not as a co-pilot but as a full pilot as she and another passenger sought for a selfie with her (the pilot) after the flight.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/12/25-year-old-female-pilot-flies-plane-abuja-takes-selfie-passengers-photos.html
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by Neoteny(m): 9:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
RaptorX:
And they basically take off and land by themselves? You are a funny guy.

What's the big deal in taking off?

Go through your check list. Set your flaps. Go full speed. Rotate at takeoff speed. Once you have positive climb rates you retract the landing gear.

For landing you follow ILS, set flaps, reduce speed, keep your glideslope/localizer in sync, flare, touchdown, apply brakes, reverse engines. Some planes like the 777 can even be landed by the autopilot.

Modern planes are fly-by-wire and most of the flight is controlled by AP.

1 Like

Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by adaxxy: 9:39pm On Dec 04, 2017
litaninja:
She's a pilot, yes.
She's a commercial airline captain? Newly qualified, at age 25? I doubt that. You need to know how these things work. As a matter of fact, I'll wager she was Second officer on said flight. You don't come green out of flight sim and become captain.

She is a Captain and not a first officer,
How do you mean ?
You don't know when she started her journey ..
So therefore what you don't know dont say.
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by Evablizin(f): 9:56pm On Dec 04, 2017
bamidelee:
natural woman
Lol,how is your family?
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by matrixme(m): 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
NwaChibuzor13 :
The ugliness of that girl is enough to crash a plane.

Your brain is full of relaxer!!! Hashtag bad belle pipu. Obara Mosquito
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by Unlimited22: 10:28pm On Dec 04, 2017
ProWalker:

The grey matter in her brain is enough to dwarf all you will ever hope to achieve in this life..what about that ?
shocked

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by litaninja(m): 10:43pm On Dec 04, 2017
Oshey head of technology for aero. Great wizard of geek affairs. Head of extraterrestrial science. Leader of technically adept otondos. Chairman historical records department.
Pray tell, how much tech do you need to know, to flip the switch on the autopilot?

A commercial airline started fielding a 15year old pilot 10 years ago....are you reading your posts back to yourself at all

adaxxy:
listen to yourself if you don't know anything dont argue,
But Imole ,hassana&huseinna twins, mercy odushola
Were 18years when aero employed and trained them ,
Same goes for the guys too
Ugochuckwu boys too were of same age?
Oh you think they are otondo like you,
They were very young when aero got them
And they performed very well
Same goes for the guys
There are young guys of her age flying as captain
You need to be in aviation to know the truth
Joan obasi was a cabin crew in aero before she went for piloting training in US then she went to Arik.
Imole is not a small girl or because she's got small stature makes her a small girl
Other female pilots you see in other commercial airlines started with aero
You don't have to agree with me but that's the fact
You can't compare young people and abit matured when it comes to pilot training the young ones with dust the adults ..
You'll be surprised they perform faster than the adults.
Piloting is all about technology
Go to Bristow Helicopters
You'll understand what I'm saying.

Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by lebete3000: 4:35am On Dec 05, 2017
tobillionaire:
z DAT not shayo am seeing

Where you see Shayo?

Foolish boy.
O muti.
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by Nobody: 5:21am On Dec 05, 2017
deomelo:

25 Years is underage?

You do sound underage with that comment.

The question is hour many hours of flying does she have under her belt?
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by Nobody: 5:31am On Dec 05, 2017
osewanu:

"A pilot is a pilot" true but a pilot with 20,000 flight hours is not the same as a pilot with 5 flight hours.
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by Nobody: 5:42am On Dec 05, 2017
Neoteny:
Big deal.

Modern planes basically fly themselves.

All you gotta do is turn some knobs and flick some switches.

Well it is not as easy as that. Turn the wrong knob or flick the wrong switch and watch yourself and the plane take a nose dive back to earth.
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by Blissp99(f): 6:05am On Dec 05, 2017
When I turn 20
Some of u will still snap with me as a Full pilot

Working my way 2 sucesss
Proud of the girlshild I am
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 05, 2017
Evablizin:
Lol,how is your family?
yes they're good they're eating my food and spending my money
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by Evablizin(f): 7:40am On Dec 05, 2017
bamidelee:

yes they're good
they're eating my food and spending my money
Wow,thank God you're a responisble father. Hope you slept well.
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by Neoteny(m): 7:42am On Dec 05, 2017
Xda59:

Well it is not as easy as that. Turn the wrong knob or flick the wrong switch and watch yourself and the plane take a nose dive back to earth.

You make it sound daft.

Do you ever enter your car and turn the wrong knob?

I'm telling you flying a plane is no longer as manual or as involving as in the past. A lot of the work is automated.

Changing direction, altitude, speed, all is done by turning knobs to the desired compass heading, height, and speed respectively. With terrain warning systems and VFR and ILS, you don't even need to use your eyes to fly and land the damn things.

I'm not saying any Joe Public can just enter a plane and take off, sure training is needed. But a lot of the traning is how to push levers, turn knobs, flick switches, and handle emergencies.

And yes i logged hundreds of hours in various simulators that real pilots are sometimes trained on, including the superb Microsoft Flight Simulator X.
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 05, 2017
Evablizin:
Wow,thank God you're a responisble father. Hope you slept well.
yes and you
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by Evablizin(f): 7:59am On Dec 05, 2017
bamidelee:
yes and you
Same.
Re: Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie by Evablizin(f): 8:00am On Dec 05, 2017
bamidelee:
yes and you
Same.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Inside Abramovich’s ₦181b Eclipse Yacht With Helipads,Sub & Missile Defence Syst / My Uber Driver Came With 4matic, Gave My Baby A Seat And Also A Toy To Play With / Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.