Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,924 members, 7,945,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 10:49 AM

ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? (636 Views)

Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres / The Religious Leader Who Convinced 909 People To Commit Suicide(photos, VIDEO) / A Case Against Nabeel Qureshi. The Stupidity Of The Religious. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by Sibe007(m): 5:44pm On Dec 04, 2017
The Religious leaders can do more with the Platform they have and the Population of people they lead.

If I tweet and sign all the petitions I can, on behalf of the loads of oppressed Nigerian youths by the FSARs (A unit of the Nigerian police force), the impact I can get may be infinitesimal.

If I were to be a Religious Leader with Millions of people in my organization, I am sure I might be able to make great use of such privilege and platform to accept responsibility and speak up to drive change.

A few Men in Nigeria, collectively lead over 50 million 'Christians'. What are they doing with all that power. Our Present VP served as a Minister under one of these Men.

As millions of Nigerian youths cry out on social media against Police Injustice, Brutality and inhumanity, is there truly nothing that these few Religious Leaders can do

If they cannot be given proper uniforms with name tags or be given proper training and reorientation, then they should be srapped ASAP, other wise any criminal can buy black trouser and black TShirt with SARS written on it, then start harassing and extorting from anyone they see...

How many more people need to die or be robbed in daylight by people wearing Black on black before people with more following speak up.

Is there truly nothing that these few Religious Leaders can do

EndSARS

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by 0temSapien: 5:58pm On Dec 04, 2017
The pastors are more corrupt than the men in blacks. What correction do you expect a faeces to give to a phlegm?

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by felixomor: 6:00pm On Dec 04, 2017
You pple have finished with tithe matters abi?
Na sars now.

You should have added other pastors pictures,
Not only Adeboye,
Hian.

Okokobioko undecided

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 04, 2017
Thund*r fire this op

Why not muslim leaders, sultans and emirs?

Na only pastor you sabi!
Very soon una ko talk say make pastors no de chop food because people are hungry.

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by Oloruntobi4382(m): 6:21pm On Dec 04, 2017
Alimudodowa to the muslims in the house and Shalomyansh to the christians.

I trust our Lord Scissors to touch Apussy Suleiman to condemn Sars.
Scissors is Lawd cool
Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by mgbadike81: 6:43pm On Dec 04, 2017
all organised religions be it Christianity or Islam are scams, who still remembers the ombatse cult and the nassarawa massacre.
Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by Sibe007(m): 6:47pm On Dec 04, 2017
simijimi:
Thund*r fire this op

Why not muslim leaders, sultans and emirs?

Na only pastor you sabi!
Very soon una ko talk say make pastors no de chop food because people are hungry.

Read the topic again, it says Religious Leaders, besides the incidences of SARS is more prevalent in the South. And thank you for your kind words....

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
Sibe007:

Read the topic again, it says Religious Leaders, besides the incidences of SARS is more prevalent in the South. And thank you for your kind words....
Why not traditional leaders.... oh! political leaders!
slowpoke

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by Lirqur: 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2017
Don't worry SARS will end if y'all want it to. It's intro to lawlessness grin grin grin. End times.
Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by Sibe007(m): 8:59pm On Dec 04, 2017
simijimi:

slowpoke

Among Traditional leaders, Political leaders and Religious leaders, which one has the most following in Nigeria? Was it so hard to read the post, why is reading and comprehending logically this hard. Read to understand not to display and defend Nothingness.....I wish I knew what was paining you, I know Nigeria is tough generally for many....Sorry Bro

Once again, thanks for your exemplary KIND words.

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by Sibe007(m): 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2017
simijimi:

slowpoke

You even did a post in March complaining about SARS in Akwa Ibom

https://www.nairaland.com/3690740/human-rights-violation-s.a.r.s-special

It did not get so much views or traction. I am here saying that People who have more followers (Religious leaders etc) should help everyone to speak up against this evil, and what I get is KIND words from you?

Thank you oh

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by GoodMuyis(m): 9:49pm On Dec 04, 2017
Religious leaders have no power to enforce law, and it would be wrong for them to be leading protest against government.

By default religious leader are moral leader/teachers not activitist and should be diplomatic in dealing with public issues.

If they are to act on SARS issues it's not going to be by leading protest or encouraging people against government, rather they follow proper channel and that will be after proper investigation.
Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by Desyner: 10:46pm On Dec 04, 2017
Religious leaders are the new government. We pay tax to ceasar alongside nonbelievers but ask the apostles for service we share with non-believers. That's a dull move OP.
Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by Sibe007(m): 5:55am On Dec 05, 2017
GoodMuyis:
Religious leaders have no power to enforce law, and it would be wrong for them to be leading protest against government.

By default religious leader are moral leader/teachers not activitist and should be diplomatic in dealing with public issues.

If they are to act on SARS issues it's not going to be by leading protest or encouraging people against government, rather they follow proper channel and that will be after proper investigation.

Please read again. No one is asking Religious to leaders to lead protests, all the OP asked is what they can do with all the Power and Following they enjoy.

When SARS are doing unjust and immoral things, are these Moral leaders/Teachers supposed to be silent?
Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by GoodMuyis(m): 7:09am On Dec 05, 2017
Sibe007:

Please read again. No one is asking Religious to leaders to lead protests, all the OP asked is what they can do with all the Power and Following they enjoy.

When SARS are doing unjust and immoral things, are these Moral leaders/Teachers supposed to be silent?

Give me one evidence that they are silent about it
Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by Sibe007(m): 10:31am On Dec 05, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Give me one evidence that they are silent about it

How can I give evidence of, or point you towards something I have not yet seen...

I may be wrong, so please show me if they are doing anything about it. It will really help in this Cause (beneficial to all).....Thank you
Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by dalaman: 10:55am On Dec 05, 2017
Nigerian pastors are only interested in people giving them money and making them rich. They don't care much about social justice.

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by 4kings: 11:12am On Dec 05, 2017
GoodMuyis:

The OP is not talking about "enforcing" law, but to use their influence to curb SARS just like they do during elections.
Simple.

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by earthsync(f): 11:36am On Dec 05, 2017
Re: ENDSARS: Is There Nothing The Religious Leaders Can Do?? by GoodMuyis(m): 4:04pm On Dec 05, 2017
Sibe007:

How can I give evidence of, or point you towards something I have not yet seen...
I may be wrong, so please show me if they are doing anything about it. It will really help in this Cause (beneficial to all).....Thank you

Thats why you dont need to jump into conclusion on matters you dont have details on. Many Church Leader dont usually go on media to announce everything they do

Few months ago, an issue Arise between KDSG and the citizen, the story when viral and later died. What killed the issue was the intervention of one of the less controversial TOP G.O. in the country. The media did not pick the story because he did the Job silently, even many church members/pastor were not aware of it, only microscopic few of us who are member got info.

What will you say about that a Lagos Based G.O. came to Kaduna to intervene on issue.

4kings dalaman:

I know you guys are not just anti religion only but anti-people so say what suit your ego

(1) (Reply)

11 Reasons Why You Need Jesus Christ / Televangelist Benny Hinn Investigated again for Fraud / Seeds Of Destiny Dev. For 9 Feb. 2018: Topic -your Passion And Your Preservation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.