Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,963 members, 7,973,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 02:22 PM

R.I.P: The Uselessness Of Praying For The Dead! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / R.I.P: The Uselessness Of Praying For The Dead! (372 Views)

Album Mr P The Prodigal Download (peterpsquare Album Zip) / R.I.P Hungerbad / R.i.p Mmm - Kelvinsapp Comes With New Song After Mavro's Death (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

R.I.P: The Uselessness Of Praying For The Dead! by Ebios(m): 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2017
One late clergy man once said,"Anybody that is afraid of death is not born again because he knows that he will miss heaven".This statement may sound funny and arguable but it is true that most people fear death yet it is an inevitable debt that everybody must pay.Many paid years back,last year,last month,last week,yesterday and even today but u and l are yet to pay.OH,WHAT A SAD FACT!

While some pray to God to console the bereaved family,others ignorantly pray for the dead to have eternal life, and even typing R.I.P.(Rest In Peace).

Praying for the dead is UNBIBLICAL and so USELESS,bcus at the point of death,one's eternal journey is confirmed:HEAVEN OR HELL.Eternity is determined by our actions during our life on earth,not after death.No anointed prayer from the most anointed pastor can change it.

The story of Lazarus and the rich man is a good example where Jesus taught us that after death,the unrighteous is separated eternally from God and their condition cannot be remedied.(Lk16.19-31)Paul said that we are to die once and face judgment(Heb.9.27).Ezekiel said that the righteousness of the righteous will be credited to him and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him(Eze18.20).

If it is useless to pray for a living person that commits a sin that leads to death(continual sinner who doesnt seek God's forgiveness)how can d prayer for a dead person benefit him?

The time to pray,repent,etc is NOW THAT ONE IS STILL ALIVE,not after death.So stop praying for the dead or typing R.I,P. In fact,RIP even stands for "Repentance Is Past"
God bless u all as u share ur opinions.

(1) (Reply)

Checkout Photos Of Nigeria Army Innoson Vehicles Deployed To Fight Biko Haram / Illegal Traffic Mobile Court In Osogbo Collecting Cash Fine Around Aiyetoro Area / Nigeria Man Who Proposed To His Girl Friend At Sars Headquarters Finally Weds.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.