Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,162 members, 7,890,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:58 AM

Which Of These Is Correct - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Of These Is Correct (448 Views)

Offhand Or Offhead Which Is Correct / “I Am In The Bus” Or “I Am On The Bus”: Which Is Correct? / A Hotel Or An Hotel, Which One Is Correct? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Is Correct by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 05, 2017
Have been to several interviews and have seen several home movies I have equally heard many people say this same thing in these two ways ..

Please which is the more acceptable and official usage.

1. My name is Miriam Amanda Jane

2. My names are Miriam Amanda Jane

I know a lot of people are in my shoes...

Please lalasticlala help ur people learn some good grammar today..

This could just save that unforeseen embarrassment or even save that job
Re: Which Of These Is Correct by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:47am On Dec 05, 2017
Re: Which Of These Is Correct by encryptjay(m): 8:16am On Dec 05, 2017
First option is the correct phrase. Same way you say the title of a book eg The name of the book is Half of a yellow sun not the name of the books are half of a yellow sun.
Option 2 could have been plausible in the past though.
Re: Which Of These Is Correct by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 05, 2017
Just as I thought.... Answers are varying
Re: Which Of These Is Correct by boyejo123(m): 9:10am On Dec 05, 2017
i think both are correct,
Re: Which Of These Is Correct by babyfaceafrica: 2:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
This question again
Re: Which Of These Is Correct by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 05, 2017
Where is lalasticlala ooh...

I was caught in this web a time ago

(1) (Reply)

GLADA AWARDS 2017 Voting To Kickoff Online On 30th Dec / 5 Major Archaeology Discoveries To Look For In 2018 / Nigerian Army Recruitment For Trades /non Tradesmen And Woman (77RRI) 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.