Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,496 members, 7,947,971 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 11:40 AM

2011 Presidency: Ibb Men Storm Minna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011 Presidency: Ibb Men Storm Minna (783 Views)

I Will Back Igbo For 2019 Presidency – IBB / Military Men Storm Abala Village In Search Of Lost Arms / Jonathan Visits IBB During PDP Campaign Rally In Minna, Niger State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011 Presidency: Ibb Men Storm Minna by ichommy(m): 2:18pm On Mar 29, 2010
THE campaign for the presidency in 2011 is gradually attaining a feverish height, as campaign coordinators of former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida, stormed his Minna, Niger State country- home, to map out strategies for his possible return to power.

His admirers and supporters from the 36 states and the Federal capital Territory (FCT) reportedly began to troop to the city last Friday for consultations, which dragged on till the early hours of Saturday.

Sources at an expanded meeting, held for several hours on Saturday, claimed that the leaders resolved to kick-start Babangida’s campaign in earnest because of the short period before the 2011 polls.

According to two prominent members who were at the meeting, the leaders also agreed to streamline the various campaign structures and commence work in all the senatorial districts of the country.

The leaders, who met under the aegis of Campaign Network for Ibrahim Babangida (CN), reviewed the various structures in some states and re-designated Chief Peter Osadebey as CNI president instead of national chairman.

In what looked like a mini-rally to rally support for their mission, the coordinators and other leaders reportedly visited Chanchaga Local Government secretariat at the stadium road, before holding their meeting at IBB campaign office at Yoruba Road off Bosso Road in Minna.

Many of them reportedly said was no going back in the campaign for Babangida becoming president because he was the “best man for the job at the moment.”

A source at the meeting said Chief Osadebey, however, particularly asked the people of Niger State to be in the vanguard and not mere players in the campaign for the return of Babangida to power in 2011.

A notable supporter of IBB and former national treasurer of PDP, Dr. Godwin Daboh, recently claimed that the outcome of research conducted across the country indicated that over 70 per cent of Nigerians favoured the army general contesting the presidency in 2011.

Reports also indicated supporters of another former military leader, General Muhammadu Buhari and Alhaji Atiku Abubakar had stepped up campaigns for their principals across the northern axis of the country.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/3245-2011-presidency-ibb-men-storm-minna.html
Re: 2011 Presidency: Ibb Men Storm Minna by bilymuse: 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2010
IBB would never be the president again
Re: 2011 Presidency: Ibb Men Storm Minna by Fhemmmy: 6:04pm On Mar 29, 2010
bilymuse:

Why are u so sure?
Re: 2011 Presidency: Ibb Men Storm Minna by ichommy(m): 6:29pm On Mar 29, 2010
bilymuse:

Why do you say that
Re: 2011 Presidency: Ibb Men Storm Minna by Fhemmmy: 6:30pm On Mar 29, 2010
^^^ I think he knows something that we dont
Re: 2011 Presidency: Ibb Men Storm Minna by marvix(m): 6:54pm On Mar 29, 2010
IBB is just a ruse, he is in touch wit Obj, he will merely serve as a distraction at d last minute he will give way 4 Jonathan.
I contest dat figure dat 70% of Nigerians are lookin 4ward 2 IBBs return, I think it shldnt b mor dan 7% dat wants him back and anyone who wants IBB back definitely does not hav d interest of dis nation @ heart.

Youths should prepare themselves and be patient even as Jonathan remains patient and declares his interest when d time is ripe. Enuf is Enuf style
Re: 2011 Presidency: Ibb Men Storm Minna by sjeezy8: 6:56pm On Mar 29, 2010
I think ATIKU
Re: 2011 Presidency: Ibb Men Storm Minna by kosovo(m): 7:29pm On Mar 29, 2010
sjeezy8:

I think ATIKU

Atiku is out it. . . Atiku is a Duchebag . .
If IBB decides to run for presidency. . . I can not see anything preventing the realization of such a decision.

IBB 2011 angry
Re: 2011 Presidency: Ibb Men Storm Minna by redsun(m): 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2010
And people are wandering why islamism is showing its ugly face in NIGERIA when fugitives like IBB ARE BEING CONSIDERED FOR PRESIDENCY.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Ibb Men Storm Minna by redsun(m): 7:39pm On Mar 29, 2010
he that sow catastrophe will reap catastrophe.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Ibb Men Storm Minna by UcheUwadi(m): 8:02pm On Mar 29, 2010
Why recycle old military dictators who looted the treasury and are part of the reason why Nigeria is not progressing? It just boggles the mind, that people could support such a corrupt man. No wonder the Developed World laughs at states like Nigeria, because we accept the norm. In any other sane nation, a corrupt man who looted the treasury would have been thrown in jail, instead of being allowed to roam free with his ill gotten gains.

I weep for Nigeria and I thank God that I live in the United States.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Ibb Men Storm Minna by TewMuch: 8:05pm On Mar 29, 2010
I dont think he can ever be president again. It will be advisable for him to be an adviser with the army or some other special post. But we are done with recycling old presidents. We want new and fresh people. I think he will try but will be thoroughly embarassed and will be used as a scape goat for others. People have to know when to bow out gracefully. He caused all the rubbish in Nigeria today. The people want change and have demanded it, and attempt by Babangida will be squashed. I will like him to try it for entertainment purposes, because i want to see him shamed. It is no more a North, South, East or West thing. It is now about Nigerian changing and moving forward. The ball has stopped with Yaradua. We need only good people, not destructive people.
Re: 2011 Presidency: Ibb Men Storm Minna by marvix(m): 8:09pm On Mar 29, 2010
But I'm just bin curious why don't we eva tink of bringing Abdulsalami back if we must have a rtd head of state?

(1) (Reply)

World Cup 2010 & Racism Still Rife In South Africa: Watch The Shocking Video! / Edo State Speaker Thrown Out Of Conference / Bukola Saraki vs IBB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.