Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,529 members, 7,905,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 03:02 AM

Chelsea Wins Carling Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Wins Carling Cup (4255 Views)

Footballers Queue Up To Mock Man United After Embarrassing Carling Cup Exit / The league cup in England known as Carling cup name as being changed / Carling Cup Final: Wigan Vs Manchester United (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by debosky(m): 5:17pm On Feb 26, 2007
with the headlock fabregas gave lampard, the boy obviously has chances for a career in the WWE after the premiership grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by belloti(m): 5:50pm On Feb 26, 2007
Its not all about the result. we should look at the whole picture. The only difference in that match was the scoring ability of Drogba and the fantastic goalkeeping of petr chech. The boys played much better and clearly everyone saw the vulnerability of chelsea and their over reliance on physical rather than tactical play. Its a game of football and one side has to win. if i was a chelsea fan i would be tempted to celebrate but the major highlight was the exciting display by the teenagers from Ashburton groove.

Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by otolorin(m): 6:05pm On Feb 26, 2007
true to it we lost d cup -
but like d prof said . . . we can be proud of the footballin whizkids we've got
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by jgirl3: 8:00pm On Feb 26, 2007
All this is just you people preaching, the mere fact is that Chelsea won it. Allow them to be happy and stop making excuses for your loss grin

fellow:

to say i am not suprised by the antic of the so called arsenal fans would be a lie. I knew they would never concede defeat. Silly things. All they are saying is kids Vs cash. WHO THE HELL CARES so far the prize was won by the experienced and more determined side which is chelsea.

I completely agree with this part of fellow's statement - Arsenal should admit their defeat and just pray that see another cup to carry.
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by amodu(m): 8:35pm On Feb 26, 2007
Thank you, i dont know why they are given excuses.
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by atiku07(m): 8:54pm On Feb 26, 2007
well if na for mouth na arsenal get that one and if na to play football with mouth infact dey will beat chelsea hands down. but when it comes to the field matter they lag behind alot it is a pity.

gunners please just learn how to take defeat then things will be better 4 u all then (CLUB WISE)
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by mukina2: 9:41pm On Feb 26, 2007
yada yada yada grin
game don finish .e don do now tongue
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by justkunmi(m): 12:31am On Feb 27, 2007
will wenger ever learn from his mistakes? i guess not

i admire the courage and amount of work by wenger's team on sunday cos they really put up a fight against chelsea. but one thing still nags me, ARSENAL COULDA WON THE GAME, but for wenger's pride.
No problem fieldin a young side that got to the final in the first place, but this is the final, against chelsea. Why not put in a few experienced players to balance the whole team. . . .but of course, wenger knows all. cry
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by debosky(m): 12:35am On Feb 27, 2007
I disagree, how much more balanced did the team need to be? only bertie, flamini and rosicky and henry were out

the only mistake i feel wenger made was keeping baptista on, he shdve removed him and kept ali and ade, thats if the wrong red card didnt happen

Henry unfortunately doesnt help the fluency of arsenal anymore, he scores those one off specials, but in a game like this, he wdve been anonymous

we didnt take our chances period, adebayor wdve hustled the chelsea defence more than baptista, thats the only meaningful change that was needed.
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by kitaun(m): 12:50am On Feb 27, 2007
JK, wenger's pride? Didnt u read Wormy's post?
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by 4Play(m): 3:20am On Feb 27, 2007
justkunmi:

will wenger ever learn from his mistakes? i guess not

i admire the courage and amount of work by wenger's team on sunday because they really put up a fight against chelsea. but one thing still nags me, ARSENAL COULDA WON THE GAME, but for wenger's pride.
No problem fieldin a young side that got to the final in the first place, but this is the final, against chelsea. Why not put in a few experienced players to balance the whole team. . . .but of course, wenger knows all. cry

Wenger has never won a match against Mourinho,even with his best players.With the players he fielded,he could sustain yet another defeat in the hands of Mourinho and escape embarrassment.The youth players were a saving grace

It seems the FA plans to punish Arsenal players more than Chelsea for the fracas-[url=http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007090372,00.html]http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007090372,00.html [/url]
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by 9ja4eva: 3:43am On Feb 27, 2007
Wenger was jst making fun of Chelsea cos the youths outplayed them.If not for the defence
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by chidichris(m): 8:25am On Feb 27, 2007
if the young arsenal side could do it to the final, they would have equally finish it at the final.
who else did not play in the old arsenal.
they scored first and kicked terry to unconsciousness nobody fought but is good to know that toure has appologised for his foolishness so i expect same from our , counterparts here.
experience has alot to do and the ability to know ur superior and accept defeat makes you a more qualified sportsman.
the other players arsenal did not feature in the carling cup are all playing in the premier league and where are they?
mikel fouled toure and there is a centre reffree there to judge instead of the unprofessional manners of the timid toure.
mikel alongside adebayo are protesting their red cards while toure has appologised but the best story so far is that chelsea has a tropy in their record and still in the race for three so i don't know the fate of u arsenal fans.
please remember the rejected stone(mikel) is becoming a pillar in the house(chelsea).
nigerians should beging to appreciate our own. the boy is good and will continue to progress to the glory of God so that the jealous and envious ppl here will close their eyes in shame.
he is the man making things happen- you can call him controversial mikel or quality distributor.
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by belloti(m): 9:55am On Feb 27, 2007
This was a real kick. I wish it was Drogba not Terry.

Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by Razorr(f): 10:28am On Feb 27, 2007
belloti:

This was a real kick. I wish it was Drogba not Terry.

I also wish that a mighty hand would descend from heaven and give you a fatal slap on the face, you stupid fool!  angry   angry
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by wormedup(m): 10:56am On Feb 27, 2007
Razorr:

I also wish that a mighty hand would descend from heaven and give you a fatal slap on the face, you stupid fool! angry angry

LMAO cheesy
u r one crazy mean girl ! grin tongue
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by kitaun(m): 11:00am On Feb 27, 2007
Chidichris, u actually sound sick!! Would Nairaland_Gunners have apologised on Toure's behalf? Someone like me, I reiterate takes majorly d positives from d brawl, so U can go suck on a straw, bunkum over and over!!
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by mukina2: 1:33pm On Feb 27, 2007
Dr kit lmao , grin

chidi tongue
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by amodu(m): 2:27pm On Feb 27, 2007
I also wish that a mighty hand would descend from heaven and give you a fatal slap on the face, you stupid fool!

Is quite funny but is the truth.
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by Razorr(f): 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2007
What exactly is the truth?
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by fellow(m): 2:34pm On Feb 27, 2007
about GOD slapping him grin grin
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by Razorr(f): 2:37pm On Feb 27, 2007
hmmm. . .  I take that back o. Let it not happen. AMEN!
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by randa(m): 2:46pm On Feb 27, 2007
It is amazing how one seemingly-innocuous tug of a shirt can spark such a heap of trouble and completely change the thinking of what had been a wonderful Carling Cup final.

Up until Kolo Toure's over-reaction to Mikel Jon Obi's misdemeanour, Chelsea and Arsenal had served up a feast of football that was a fitting finale for what could be the last major cup final to be held in Cardiff's magnificent Millennium Stadium.

It was one of the best games I've ever had the privilege to watch.

Arsenal's much-hyped young Gunners had delivered on the big stage, with a mind-bogglingly impressive display of free-flowing football that left the fans and Chelsea's midfield breathless.

606 VIEW
Great game, shame about the journey,

James Clarke - BBC News
606: Have your say
Their pace and movement was a joy to behold and even the staunchest of Blues could not fail to admire their quality, typified by Theo Walcott's slick opener.

Chelsea started slowly and with Didier Drogba and Andriy Shevchenko struggling to keep their feet on the greasy surface for most of the first 15 minutes, Jose Mourinho's men couldn't get a foothold in the game.

But the champions battled back with a spirit and togetherness and more than a little bit of quality of their own to prove the team is still a strong unit even if the boardroom and manager are not.

Manager Jose Mourinho's parting shot after guiding his side to their fifth trophy in two-and-a-half years was a telling one.

Mourinho has now won five domestic trophies in his time at Chelsea

"The fans have been fantastic to me," he said. "We have known some very happy moments together and the players have been fantastic too."

And the board? "I have a contract until 2010 so they must be happy with me too," he said, but surely he should know?

Drogba's equaliser - fractionally onside or not - was scarcely deserved and Arsenal could and should have wrapped things up long before the Ivorian's glorious headed winner - his 28th goal of a wonderful season.

Wenger was certainly in no doubt: "We had chances to have won the game and didn't do it and we should have," he said.

"We had three or four clear opportunities but we lost our nerves with seven minutes to go."

That was when Toure reacted to Mikel's annoying shirt pull as if someone had threatened to kill his family.

606: DEBATE
The melee wasn't great to see but neither was it a disgrace to football

RC
606: Have your say

Both teams waded in and in the complete chaos that followed, three players were sent off, both managers came running on to the pitch trying to restore order and any hope of the game being the main talking point vanished.

That was a shame because the game deserved more.

But it was still a great final.

Those poor souls who had to turn back halfway through a soul-destroying and ultimately pointless journey along the M4 may disagree, but not because of the football.

News: Train problems hold up 2,000 fans
Hundreds of supporters arrived late for the game because of the train chaos and the wisdom of sending 70,000 fans on the trek from London will once again be questioned.

The queues, cancellations and delays at Cardiff Central after the match were a nightmare and thousands endured a miserable end to their day.

Chelsea were thrilled with their victory and the players danced and jigged their way around the blue end of Cardiff.

It may only be the Carling Cup but it clearly meant a lot and Mourinho had plenty to smile about.

Petr Cech's return gives them genuine hope of success in any or all of the three competitions they are still competing in, Lassana Diarra gave another accomplished performance at right-back and Mikel and Arjen Robben both shone after coming on.

And thankfully John Terry recovered from the sickening accidental kick to the head he suffered in the second half to return from hospital in time to join in the celebrations.

Walcott slotted his first Gunners goal more than a year after joining

Wenger too had a great deal to celebrate despite the defeat.

Walcott - England's most hyped player since Michael Owen - scored a fabulous goal and despite his tender years, he is still just 17 remember, proved he has the ability and temperament to deliver when it matters.

Wenger felt it was time for Walcott to prove his worth and he did that with a scintillating display in Arsenal's midfield quartet.

"It was important to show a very good performance. He did that and scored a great goal too," said the Frenchman.

And he had no regrets about his decision to play his youngsters: "I had a vision for this competition and I was committed to it - I have no regrets."

Hopefully Toure has a few.
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by fellow(m): 2:48pm On Feb 27, 2007
Razorr:

hmmm. . . I take that back o. Let it not happen. AMEN!

Its not possible., Tha HANDS of GOD has sealed it
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by Vieira(m): 4:15pm On Feb 27, 2007
Songs sang by the Arsenal fans:

Shit team, No History

One man and his mobile went to bed with Ashley

You fat bastard, You  fat bastard (aimed at Frank Lampard)

Where were you when you were shit (aimed at the fair wheather fans of chelski)

and the also the ever popular: Bleep off Mourinho!

and this was sang on the way home:

1 nil up and we bleeped it up! (aimed at ourselves)
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by texazzpete(m): 6:54pm On Feb 27, 2007
i wish people would stop giving the "we used our young players" crap. IMHO, these guys are practically the best Arsene Wenger can field now, especially since the oldies like Henry are past their prime!
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by debosky(m): 6:57pm On Feb 27, 2007
henry, rosicky, djourou, clichy and flamini are all injured, lehmann was suspended, so only gilberto and gallas didn't play from the 'first team'

we lost to a better team, we used young players, but the young players are all we could've fielded.
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by amodu(m): 8:27pm On Feb 27, 2007
Nice talk.
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by mukina2: 10:58pm On Feb 27, 2007
Vieira:

[i][color=#990000]Shit team, No History

this line got me laffin so hard . . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by chidichris(m): 1:18am On Feb 28, 2007
even if am sick the key issue here is winning and loosing. somebody won and somebody lost.
you have to learn to accept lost as a good sportsman.
arsenal featured a young side, so? the manager believes in the young blood and that is what he goes for whenever the window opens and he is doing that in the believe that he will win trophies with them and that is why he offloads the likes of kalu, lauren, viera, pires, edu because he wants the young men.
if you have been following arsenal matches very well, they play very well and can boost of 85 minutes out of the 90 minutes but score  zero in most cases.
all the arsenal fans that i know are hardliners and i believe they are happy the are the best football club in the world with their free flow football so let people who do not play free flow win matches and take the trophies.
toure made a mistake in the person he attacked as the guy no send you.
if he can Bleep with the almighty ferguson and get away with it, who is toure a nobody.
i trust mikel so much that i can even predict him. he will be available to screw toure whenever and where ever. he is a typical naija man wey no dey fear no man.
if things continue this way, we will be forced to remind toure that he was signed with 500,000.00 pounds so if there is class in football, such players are not surposed to play alongside mikel, a sixteen million pounds guy. i think the difference is clear here.
arsenal played their best and their best was not good enough so they resorted to fighting of which Eboue and toure forgot that chelsea are known for physical fitness on and off the pitch.
anyway, one cup down 3 ahead so pls let us concentrate.
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by kitaun(m): 5:22am On Feb 28, 2007
@Chidi, are u ok? U sound sick!! Na table soccer u analyse abi? Chei WWW don cause katakata!!
Re: Chelsea Wins Carling Cup by wormedup(m): 7:15am On Feb 28, 2007
Vieira:

Shit team, No History

You fat bastard, You fat bastard (aimed at Frank Lampard)

Where were you when you were shit (aimed at the fair wheather fans of chelski)

and the also the ever popular: Bleep off Mourinho!

and this was sang on the way home:

1 nil up and we bleeped it up! (aimed at ourselves)

keep singing it, the silverware's being kept clean in our trophy room tongue
and u might want to remind ur fans, we are living the history now grin
all u guys can say now is "back in those days" tongue

cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amodu Drags NFF To Court Over N300m Sack Compensation / Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi / Nigerian Footballer Raheem Lawal Shows Off His House And Car.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.