Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,182 members, 7,887,426 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:46 AM

7 Things That Can Get You Into Trouble With The Police (SARS) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 7 Things That Can Get You Into Trouble With The Police (SARS) (376 Views)

Umuahia Police SARS Chased A Guy With Lexus Salon Car Into The Gutter... / Caught On Camera Nigerian Police SARS Stage Kidnapped , Nabbed / 7 Things That Can Get You Into Trouble With The Police(SARS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

7 Things That Can Get You Into Trouble With The Police (SARS) by Yarnvibes(f): 7:18am On Dec 06, 2017
​The Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) is notorious for profiling people, mostly young Nigerians. The activities of the special police unit are now trending on social media . Hundreds of people are narrating the experience with SARS operatives.

If the tweets are anything to go by, you could get arrested by SARS for looking or dressing some type of way. The reasons range from the ridiculous to the unbelievable.

You can read them below;

1) Tattoos

Tattoos are works of art and harmless fun but SARS use it to profile criminals. Having a tattoo or tattoos would most likely make you a suspect in the eyes of SARS officials. These law enforcement officials seem to believe only criminals have tattoos.

If you bump into any of them and have a tattoo you are going to be in big trouble. The chances of being arrested and interrogated are pretty high.

2) Laptops

Having a laptop shouldn’t be a big deal but for SARS operatives it is another indicator that you are into Internet fraud. The mere possession of a laptop would get you into serious trouble with SARS operatives.

If you do not have a receipt for the laptop then you are in big trouble which might land you in a prison cell. SARS officers don’t believe ordinary citizens should own laptops.

3) Dreadlocks & Beards

SARS operatives have been known to arrest men with dreadlocks and beards. It is code red for them. You could be artistic, woke and be a member of the beard gang, SARS could care less.

No one really knows the connection between crime and having dreadlocks and a beard. You could be as gentle as a dove and still get arrested for having dreads and beards.

4) Ear piercing

Mainstream Nigeria has always frowned on men with ear piercings so this is not much of a surprise. SARS operatives have jumped on this stereotype to arrest and detain young men with ear piercings.

5) Possession of a mobile phone

In the 21st century, everyone should have a mobile phone. The men of the SARS don’t seem to think this way. Once they stop you in public, the next thing is to ask for your phone and search it with no warrant.

The more expensive your phone, the bigger the trouble you are in. You could be called a cultist or Internet fraudster once they go through your phone.

6) Driving a car

If you are young and have a car, trust me, SARS will you pull you over several times and search it. There are unconfirmed stories of SARS operatives planting incriminating objects in the cars of innocent Nigerians to get them arrested.

7) Dress sexy

It’s not only men that get wrongly profiled by SARS, women too are victims. Thanks to the anti-SARS Twitter thread we’ve found out that these policemen pick on women too.

Their style is to harass women who they think dress like prostitutes. These unlucky women are thrown into vans for interrogation or a ride around town.

http://fabinfos.com/must-read-7-things-can-get-trouble-police-sars/

Lalasticlala Dominique Ishilove Mynd44
Re: 7 Things That Can Get You Into Trouble With The Police (SARS) by eezeribe(m): 7:24am On Dec 06, 2017
In a country where the above mentioned are not allowed by security agencies,it is tantamount to gross violation of the fundamental human rights of the citizens because it is not constitutional...
Re: 7 Things That Can Get You Into Trouble With The Police (SARS) by sonofthunder: 7:39am On Dec 06, 2017
DAY 1 HOLY GHOST ANNUAL CONGRESS 2017
VICTORY OVER SELF.
Text: Prov 16 vs 33

Overcoming oneself is far greater than overcoming a city.
Man has many enemies but the 3 biggest enemies are
(i) Death: (1corin 15 vs 26, Heb 9vs 27. 1 corin 15 vs 58-59)
(ii) Devil: (1 Peter 5 vs 8-9, 2 chronicles 16 vs 9)
(iii) Oneself: the biggest enemy. The biggest allie of the devil. (Roman 8 vs 31, James 4 vs 7, Mark 16 vs 17. Isiah 64 vs 16 -17)
So the biggest victory is the one over oneself. (Prov 25 vs 28. Prov 16 vs 33)

Examples of people that lost victory over themselves.
-Cain (Gen 4 vs 1-14)
-Esau (Gen 25 vs 29-34)
-Samson (Judges 16)

SEVEN REASONS YOU HAVE VICTORY
1. Being truly born again. (Jn 1 vs 11-12. 1jn 3 vs 8-9)
2. Jesus overcame. (Heb 4 vs 14-16. Phil 4 vs 13)
3. Way of escape already made. (1 corin 10 vs 13)
4. Sin shall no have dominion over you. (Roman 6 vs 14)
5. Power of God (1 Peter 1 vs 5, Psalm 121 vs 1,5)
6. Holy spirit help. (Zech 4vs 6, Roman 8 vs 26)
7. God's love. (John 3 vs 16., Roman 8vs 37)

PRAYER POINTS
1.Father, thank You for saving me
2.Lord Jesus, just as you overcame, let me over come all temptations that may come my way
3. Because of your power, keep me holy and pure till the end
4. Blessed Holy Spirit, help me always to pray victorious prayers
5. Because of Your Love for me, Father make me always more than Conqueror
6. Lord Jesus, you pray for Peter and he overcome, please pray for me now
7. Discuss your personal weakness with God violently

#VictoryOverSelf
#SongsOfVictory
#HolyGhostCongress2017
Re: 7 Things That Can Get You Into Trouble With The Police (SARS) by Mynd44: 7:46am On Dec 06, 2017

(1)

Nigerian Stabs Danish Journalists In Gabon / Shocking: California Couple Arrested For Chaining 13 Children To Bed / Many Injured As Thugs Attack APC Rally In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.