Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,181 members, 7,890,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 04:29 AM

Mtn 3.5 Vs Starcomms Izap - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mtn 3.5 Vs Starcomms Izap (839 Views)

Incredible My Mtn 3.6mbps(hsdpa) Usb Modem Converts To 238kbps(edge) / How Do I Configure Mtn 3.5g Usb Modem To Share Internet To 5 Pc's Using Router / Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mtn 3.5 Vs Starcomms Izap by nigerboy24: 7:33pm On Mar 29, 2010
Hi N-landers

I was just wondering which of the two modem(mtn fastlink e170 usb modem 7.2 mbs) & (Starcomms izap), because i want to buy either one by friday and money is know object i just need to know which is better in terms of average download speed & and peak speed

P.S i live in Magodo and i heard that sometimes the speed is based on location and also if you could please paste some photos of actual download and not speed test, that would really help.

thanx smiley smiley smiley
Re: Mtn 3.5 Vs Starcomms Izap by Areaboy2(m): 1:51pm On Mar 31, 2010
my brother we are just suffering in this country, expensive and slow internet. imagine we are paying 100USD for connection thats actually less than 512k, THAT IS ROBBERY!! in Australia i paid 25usd a month for 3mb line. damn

anyway i've used both, the starcomms is pretty ok, on wimi.com i get a ping of 350 on starcomms and 300 on mtn in the early hours of the day (low traffic that is)

and download speed for both is 200kbps for starcomms and 189kbps for mtn, the mtn gets way faster sometimes

but the catch now is that the mtn is just tooooooooo fcking expensive, 10k for 3gb, wtf is that where ass i pay 6500 for 100hrs unlimited download on starcomms

u may think 100hrs is little, but i've used 100 hrs for 3weeks, and i still have 10 to go

hope this helps u decide

(1) (Reply)

Unsolicited E-mails Alert / How Can I Get Dream Weever To Do A Web Site ? / Free Software That Shuts The Door On Computer Hackers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.