Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,517 members, 7,881,743 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 08:26 AM

Can You Succeed Without A Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can You Succeed Without A Job? (4438 Views)

6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed / How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? / 50 Interview Questions/answers That Will Help You Succeed In That Interview. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Succeed Without A Job? by adeyemosky(m): 1:26am On Feb 26, 2007
As Youths Do You Believe You Can Succeed Without A Job? wink

The African Mentality is that if you don't have a job, you wont make it in life, do you know that is just a mere fallacy.
The Likes of Mike Adenuga, Jimoh Ibrahim and Femi Otedola did not start killing themselves for jobs
They thought of how to become solutions Providers.

If you can't get a job, become a solution Provider
Your Purpose may not be in that job but to become an employer of Labour
It's time to start thinking, people. Success is round the corner - don't miss it.
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by Pappij: 12:01pm On Feb 26, 2007
U know people like you neva ceases to surprise me, u compare urself a penniless graduate who doesn't know reality from make believe i got dreams lofty ones having a bank that will compare with barclays and some of them swiss banks. Tell me how do i go about this if i dont cut my teeth in some job gaining the experience required, contacts available and some money to start, good for motivation but i think people like u just paranoid the world we leavin in aint no bed of roses so wake get ur self a job in ur industry of choice, u understand
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by adeyemosky(m): 10:11pm On Feb 26, 2007
Thats where you are wrong Son!
Am a business man, i have a registered biz since 2004 and i work for myself
I am an Author I have published a Book
I have a client base

I have worked both in the Uk and Nigeria,
If you know what you are doing, you wont go wrong, there is no issue of being paranoid.
Mind you I am not searching for a JOB

JOB Means Just Over Broke,
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by kebab(f): 10:56pm On Feb 26, 2007
well, u gotta believe in yourself, instead of thinking up excuses and reasons why u should not be self employed. i'm sure if you have read the success stories of Jimoh ibrahim n co, u'll discover that they rose from the days of little beginnings. They did not become what they are over night, It is called hard work, determination and commitment, and maybe a little luck! but who says one cant be lucky too? Its time for youths to rule their world and take their place in the economic terrain.
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by funsoo(m): 9:27am On Feb 28, 2007
I personally saw this topic as one of the best so far on the net.Innspirational.Do you know that you can never be rich working for someone?.
It is true you need a job to save some money to commence a business.But this is not enough there, are thousands of people outside there that got the money and started a business,but today many of them are in debts,there business has coollaspsed.To be frank there are many factors that you must consider before starting your own business.

I did not believe that i could earn more than my salary from banking job, until recently when i wrote a book that became one of the best sellers in the country

Please start thinking of what you can do on your own even if you get a job
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by adeyemosky(m): 9:40pm On Feb 28, 2007
Really Nice to see, that we can see Life from another Perspective
The Entire site smacks with young talents that are desperate for Jobs
If you think twice as hard as you do normally a solution will arise,

I remember when i was in search of clients for my Biz when i was still in UNI
and i remember myself and another guy walking from opebi round about Ikeja, Allen by sweet senstaion
to Wisemen apparel that is the beginning of opebi,
we entered each shop, from Kitan, to monan shoes to wisemen apparel,

this was us having faith that we could be different, today, i can say that walk helped and the experience was worth it

If you are making 1.7million per year working in a bank
ask yourself when will you get 100million in your savings account

I believe we need to start thinking now that our minds are still young,
Wearing a tie to meet other peoples vision isnt your purpose in Life

But flying your shirt like Richard Branson and making other people meet your vision is ur AIM

Lets become JOB CREATORS AND NOT JOB SEEKERS,

ITS A START
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by ammape: 6:22am On Mar 01, 2007
Adeyemosky, i really buy your opinion. Nothing like been self employed, nothing like working at your own pace, nothing like using your initiative, brain, and creativity skills to make an impact on your environment.

Meanwhile, you said you are an author, that is good, i have a talent of which up till now i ahve not discover the best way to exploit the talents, people have commend me both home and abroad. I write poems, good poems. I would not mind if we can work together or if possible you can guide me into making use of the talent not only in making money but to be an acheiver of our time with it. Please kindly get back to me through thisnumber or my email 08038010868 or akandeolumuyiwa@myway.com.

Thanks
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by adeyemosky(m): 6:42am On Mar 02, 2007
well ammape
i will just tell you this, you have a talent. Once you have been commended on your exquisite Poem writings
then you are on you road to succss,
here is an idea
drops of water makes a river
in my book i wrote that, a ripple starts small, if you throw a pebble into water the ripple starts small then gets bigger
if you have an arrar of poems that are unique that you have in your archive
collect and collate them together and without you knowing you have a
BOOK OF POEMS
explore more into your God given talents then you can start searching how to reach a certain target market and another
Wole shoyinka could be born out of you,
Stay Focused and Inspired and you will make it
thanks
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by jesusfreak(f): 10:01am On Mar 02, 2007
i have a book of poems but i avnt gotten round to publishing it. maybe im lazy, maybe im waiting for the right publisher, so if u know any out there, contact me on 08051499799.
i love writing , its my passion so i wont mind making money from a hobby.
articles, short stories, poems, i love creativity, anyone with a good publisher's address shld contact me. i need a push! thanks
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by Ndipe(m): 10:50am On Mar 02, 2007
@Funso, yeah, you can still be rich under the payroll of another corporation. There are numerous people who made lots of money, far more than some self employed entrepreuners. Think of stock options that some employees receive, which automatically becomes financially lucrative when the company has a sucessful IPO. True, entrepreunership is idealized, which is fine with me, but it takes a lot of time, money and stamina to make it a reality.
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by saintchux(m): 12:15pm On Mar 03, 2007
adeyemosky:

I have worked both in the Uk and Nigeria,

JOB Means Just Over Broke,

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by nuella7K(f): 9:57pm On Mar 04, 2007
Definately you need a job especially as youths to succeed.
Whatever you are :an employee or an employer, they re all jobs.
I for one would ve love to be in control, ve a company, employ people and give rules but due to the economic situation of this country a lot of people have to at least worked for a certain amount of years then went ahead to establish.
Just like Adenuga and co, they must ve been employed in one or the other .
So my dear, if you are emloyed today or you have means of being employed, i advice you get the job, save enough money then u can be in control. A lot of peole have done that, and it worked.

CHEERS !!!!!
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by bolaoni(m): 1:46am On Mar 05, 2007
Well,

I have always believe everything we do in life is based on reality.

Like Kiyosaki said, "Whatever you think is real, BECOMES YOUR REALITY!"

If you think you need a job to survive in life, then you are going to get one
and if you think you don't need a job to succeed in life, then you won't get
one. It is all about perspective and we look at the world from different
perspectives.

Hold on FAST to that, which you believe because the end justify the means. wink

For thos who think they can survive without a job, Seun created the thread
below and I am suer you will enjoy it

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-40212.0.html

Bola Oni
http://www.naijamotivation.com
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by omoonile2: 10:51am On Mar 05, 2007
True talk, y'all need to starting thinking of a business you can do! Look at what people need and see if you can supply it, rather than moaning for lack of jobs. Look at Jay-z the rapper! This guy knows he had talent, he applied to sony records and all those record labels in america but they all turned him down. Look what he is today! Its true that you may need a job to gain experience and possibly capital, but the hard truth is that no one owes you a job! Nigeria has got talented citizens for sure. I know nigeria would be a very great country one day whereby everyone from around the globe would want to come and visit nigeria.
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by dblock(m): 11:13am On Mar 05, 2007
I can, easily, I'll just live confortbaly off youth allowance pension from the Aus government wink
But nahh, I'll work cheesy
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by ebos(m): 11:30am On Mar 05, 2007
My people, we all reason differently. As for me, nobody can SURVIVE without a job. This depends your understanding about the word JOB. Self-employed, i.e. trading, handicraft (creation) or whatever are jobs. Without all these you can only be a beggar. It would have been better to ask, can you succeed without working for another person?
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by FactorChic(f): 12:01am On Mar 06, 2007
If u are destined to succeed in life surely u will succeed, but u cant just sit down like a figure head and think success will just walk up to you, you have to get out there and work for it, do it like ur life depends on it and u will definitely succeed grin
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by adeyemosky(m): 6:54pm On Mar 06, 2007
Modern day slavery was once defined by a pal of mine as
Official Car, official house, official everything
i know of at least two families whom, when their father died the org./govt
gave the families quit notice to evacuate within a time limit.
if you want to work there is no problem with that, but you should have a sense of purpose,

what if you are fired today after working for over 20years, what do you want to fall back on,
what if,
what if,
what if,
think positvely, see a purpose, i like the ibo man cos he prefers to hussle for himself than for others
how can you be told to bring 20million a month into an org and then be paid 100,000 and we are all happy,
As youths we have an upper hand, we can make mistakes now and learn from then rather than follow the band wagon

there are youths who set up youth foundations to make a difference, they dont have two heads but one vision
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by debosky(m): 6:59pm On Mar 06, 2007
thats what prudent financial planning/investment is all about, don't knock the job thing mate, its a starting point for many people, even those who get their businesses eventually
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by Enkrate(m): 7:04pm On Mar 06, 2007
Hello, its good to think out of the box, so heres my own talent, I seem to know just how to hit the right choice of words to penetrate 99% of the souls I'm exposed to and also help in constructing messages that can deliver result,

Anyone with an idea of what I can do with that to generate an income for myself,

I generated lots of exciting and funny text messages years back at the advent of mobile phones
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by debosky(m): 10:07pm On Mar 06, 2007
a) search out a local politician and become a speech writer

b) approach a newspaper to begin to write inspirational columns

c) get in touch with companies like MTech that offer value added services to gsm companies, maybe you can write jokes and stuff for them

d) use your writing skills to work on a book, either comedy, drama or inspirational, whatever works for you and look for good publishers, you can even send it internationally to literary competitions.
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by Nobody: 1:32am On Mar 07, 2007
Self employment is having a job!
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by sways102(m): 2:06am On Mar 07, 2007
YOU WILL DIE WITHOUT A JOB!!!
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by adeyemosky(m): 12:23pm On Mar 07, 2007
Well if you have a talent of wooing people with your words you really do have a gift
The talent you have is your gift from God and the way you use it is your gift to God
capitalise on it, sell your self well, you could be an external marketer for industries
you could be an external consultant to industries
you could be a motivational speaker
you could be just what you want to be
capitalise on it and you wont go wrong

A job requires your physical presence but a business doesnt really need you to always be there, do you think the MD of TFC has time to sit down in every branch of TFC, No you delegate and then it becomes a business,
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by ebos(m): 2:03pm On Mar 07, 2007
I have said it before, No job simply means not engaging yourself in anything that brings in income. establish your own business today is having a job. Nobody survives or succeed without a job, nobody.
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by kolacat(m): 7:39pm On Mar 08, 2007
yes u can aslong as you have a drive and passion for what you are doing i believe you would be successful. The richest men on earth dont hold jobs they create them.
please check out my catalog, if you need designer apparels i got em. http://new.photos.yahoo.com/kolajocat/albums/
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by kolacat(m): 7:39pm On Mar 08, 2007
yes u can aslong as you have a drive and passion for what you are doing i believe you would be successful. The richest men on earth dont hold jobs they create them.
please check out my catalog, if you need designer apparels i got em. http://new.photos.yahoo.com/kolajocat/albums/
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by kellorah: 8:47pm On Mar 10, 2007
of course u can-if uve got steady money coming in frm 'somewhere'
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 11, 2007
naija4life:

Hey guess what?

I am a FAN, are you?

Make this posting in the right threads and stop being a nuisance.
Seun please take note.
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by gbadex1(m): 1:12am On Mar 12, 2007
gbade has a talent for fine art and i know the Nigerian society's full of shit and don't respect or appreciate when it comes to Fine Art. How can i exploit my talent in this country? Because i don't wanna be like those artists at the roadside, trying ta hustling that paper in the hot sun. . . .
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by Nobody: 3:26am On Mar 13, 2007
gbade. x:

gbade has a talent for fine art and i know the Nigerian society's full of shit and don't respect or appreciate when it comes to Fine Art. How can i exploit my talent in this country? Because i don't want to be like those artists at the roadside, trying ta hustling that paper in the hot sun. . . .

It all comes together finally.
Only an artist could be as carefree as thou art!
Re: Can You Succeed Without A Job? by dafidixone(m): 2:31pm On Mar 13, 2007
I think this question is a little faulty.  It could have been "Can you survive without a Job?" if it is exactly that you mean I for one could tell you yes.  Without a job once you have food and water then all is well.

Now looking at it from your primary point, "Can you secceed without a job?" It is NO.  Success I believe must be good and any good thing must come from your effort and Mercy of God.  If you don't work surely you will go into crime.

Except in some very rear cases where people play Lotto- Baba Ijebu.  Well if you play baba Ijebu you may hope to be successful one day.  However, I will not want you to deceive yourselve, some success examples are not what youth in this country should be using as a motivation.

Wish you the best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP!!!!!!!!! ARCON and NIA are killing Architects in NIGERIA. / Oceanography (marine Science) / I Need List Of Companies In Nigeria That Use Oracle Database Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.