Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,907 members, 7,938,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 11:35 AM

Rochas Madness Got To Stop - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Madness Got To Stop (400 Views)

How Atiku Abubakar Got To U.S. – Aide / I Left APC As A Member, Got To PDP And Became National President - Ali Sheriff / Boss Mustapha Got To Know About His Appointment As SGF Through Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rochas Madness Got To Stop by Eduwalter(m): 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2017
THIS MADNESSS GOT TO STOP
Waking up on the 5th of December 2017, I was filled with joy not because I always felt that way each morning when I wake up from sleep but because I woke up realising that I will be going for my final clearance as a corps member (Presently serving in Girls Secondary School Alor). I was thinking a whole lot of things that morning, first among them are my family which I have hardly seen since I left for service and secondly how I will like to spend the beginning of the year in the beautiful city of owerri, which in recent times I have adopted as my base. That joy was there till I decided to check my twitter account to know the trend in Twitter Nigeria and know the latest in the
# EndSARS thread.
(Rochas Okorocha, Commissioner of Happiness) that was the trend that day. I started reading the news to know the relationship between the two concepts. I realised that not only has Rochas done what he has been known for in recent times (Nepotism), he has created a ministry, which is not only alien to the Nigerian Society but to the best of my opinion is not needed in the current governmental setting in Imo State.
As a first year student of Federal Polytechnic Nekede, I witnessed the campign/Election that made Rochas become the Caretaker of the Douglas house and the announcement of his victory led to a high celebration in Imo state both by Imolite and Residents. Having known Rochas (though not personal) from his days as a Senior Special Adviser to the former President Olusegun Obasanjo, I was among those that were in high spirit when he won the seat to manage the Douglas House I Owerri.
Events in recent times have not only shown that the end always justify the means, it have also proved to Nigerians that not all philanthropist are humanitarian, some are just calculated political actions. The actions of Rochas starting from the xmas tree that was worth about 600 million Naira to the erection of status of Jacob Zuma (who has not only dragged the economy of South Africa to recession but in recent times has been linked to a controversial businessman in South Africa) has not only been a waste to the monthly allocation received by Imo state from the federal Purse but have shown the extent to which Rochas can exhibit his comic character to the public. The creation of the office of the commissioner of happiness and purpose fufillment also proved to all Imolite that Rochas is a can of worm which imolites will continue to endure till 2019.

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Politics Second To Non / We Must Field A Presidential Candidate In 2019 -APGA / Just In : Fire Accident In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.