Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,671 members, 7,889,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:34 AM

The Art Of Soloing |musicalcrib.com - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Art Of Soloing |musicalcrib.com (340 Views)

The Name Behind The Art - Emrys Emmanuel / Back With A BANGA! Kay Jay Reveals Cover Art Of His Upcoming Single WEAKNESS. / Fela Kuti & Falz The Bahd Guy: The Art Of Storytelling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Art Of Soloing |musicalcrib.com by musicalcrib: 5:19pm On Dec 07, 2017
When it comes to music, there are many and different analysis and school of thoughts.

Scales are believed by many professionals as well as many masters of the craft as the best approach to soloing. I believe and accept the approach as it had worked for even myself to a certain extent but over the years, I discovered as a young player i get too involved, overwhelmed and engrossed with the practice of scales, licks, modes etc, While paying less attention to musicality of soloing.
I actually knew how to play quiet some scales, but the problem was where and how do i use these scales? I struggled with this until my perspective about soloing changed from learning scales to understanding chords as well as some other important tips that I will share with us.

Scales, modes, licks and the likes are meaningless if not used to make music. In essence, I’m pointing out the fact that solo is an art while scales, modes, licks etc are some of the spices that gives more beauty to the art.

Today, I’m gonna narrow down the analysis I’d love to title the art of soloing down to give a better insight to aspiring improvisers or solo guitarists rather than the general believe that knowing a thousand scales, licks etc is a guarantee to becoming a wonderful solo guitarist.

Below are the insightful steps to look into: Read all @ http://musicalcrib.com/the-art-of-soloing

(1) (Reply)

Dammy Krane Claims To Be A "Credit Card Master" In His New Song (audio) / Mr Gabby Ft. Toa – Trouble Maker / Infinity Olorioko Returns Watch Video!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.