Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,873 members, 7,889,914 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:33 AM

Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? (6548 Views)

Poll: Do You Still?

Yes: 56% (40 votes)
No: 43% (31 votes)
This poll has ended

8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time / Watch Nigerian Movies Online For Free / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Sagamite(m): 4:12pm On Mar 31, 2010
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Sagamite(m): 4:16pm On Mar 31, 2010
Nigeria films and actors are so low standard that BBC is doing a film on and in Nigeria but yet half of all the main Nigerian characters in the movie are played by foreigner actors.

Out of the other half that are Nigerians, about 80% grew up and reside outside Nigeria.

All these foreign actors were used despite the fact they would have been more expensive wages-wise and logistics-wise.

Hell, No, do I watch Nollywood movies. Talkless of "still watch".
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by WackyJ1(m): 5:35pm On Mar 31, 2010
rokiatu:

As for me I do watch them sometimes, even hollywood is not that great you know
we gotta encourage our people. One of the reason hollywood is successful is because they
promote themself so much. But US, all we do is criticize our film industry, which I find really hard
to swallow. offcourse the Nigerian film industry has loads of faults, but they are at least improving.
They were worse five years ago, now it is improving and tommorrow it may be better, the least we
can do is at least appreciate.

Promotions and criticisms are not enough to explain the difference between their industry and ours.
The difference between their dramas now and five years ago is very little and the worst part is that most of the producers don't want to change,
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by lawrytee(m): 5:49pm On Mar 31, 2010
I havent watched one for a long time .Whats fun in watching a movie u already know how its going to end?.95% of the movies lack originality,badly edited,horrible storyline and what have u.Its just funny that that most of the Nigeria home made movies are big hits all over Africa.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by neowelsh(m): 6:00pm On Mar 31, 2010
to me, Nigerian movies are like jokes, i only watch it to amuse myself (all nigerian movies are like comedies)
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by silvaspecs: 6:25pm On Mar 31, 2010
Ghanian Films are far better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i watched 1 n was really thrilled.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by obinna5000(m): 6:29pm On Mar 31, 2010
I am very very selective when watching Nigerian movies. Most of them are like TV dramas.

@silvaspecs
Ghanaian films always want to copy Nigerian films. But their films are a bit better even though most of them suck.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by bobokelly(m): 6:33pm On Mar 31, 2010
Hmmmm, Nigeria movies, i stopped watching Nigeria movies since 1997, cos you see the same sets of actors and actresses, they are there to off their cloths, shoes and their expensive fashions, and their moves is full of foreign, from the starting you will definitely know the tail, sometimes the camera used for recording is so poor
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by protected: 6:45pm On Mar 31, 2010
Yea, wen its got Genevieve Nnaji in it. OF late most of the movies she's been featuring in seem to have all been sort of well written. They are improving.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by princekevo(m): 6:54pm On Mar 31, 2010
I would rather spend 2hrs here on NL than waste it watching Nigerian movies
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by emmatony: 8:22pm On Mar 31, 2010
I love season firms so much lik prison break and 24. I had bata slept al day than watchin naija firm
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Shuku: 8:49pm On Mar 31, 2010
Yes, I do watch Nigerian movies and they've been great for a long while. Since about the year 2007, most of the Nigerian movies I've watched and have been watching have been wonderful esp. the Yoruba movie industry.For a while there had been a monopoly of the industry by their English counterparts but from the moment they decided to stand up for themselves,it's been a success story.Moreover, the English movie sector of Nollywood had been f**king up big time with "their advent of parts 1 - 4' of the same movie. The parts 1 & 2,have the same title while the parts 3 & 4 have another title entirely.Then we were not even sure which movie was the continuation of which and which was the beginning, that era was so annoyingly frustrating i tell you. Then things started picking up for them again when O J Productions ( the producers of so many English Village movies ) decided to start a sort of partnership with their Ghanian counterparts who were supposedly stars in their own rights.the story goes on & on but I'd rather stop here. Bottom Line, Nigerian movies are Great. More money hence more sophistication, more educated (verryyyy Literate) people, Goverment support and backing from private individuals have helped in Revitalising the industry, thus making it a great sorce of Revenue and Entertainment. To the Nollywood actors and actresses I say "Keep Up The Good Work, We Nigerians love and Appreciate you BIG TIME"
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by obinna5000(m): 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2010
@Shuku
Shuku:

Moreover, the English movie sector of Nollywood had been f**king up big time with "their advent of parts 1 - 4' of the same movie. The parts 1 & 2,have the same title while the parts 3 & 4 have another title entirely.Then we were not even sure which movie was the continuation of which and which was the beginning, that era was so annoyingly frustrating i tell you.

This aspect of Nigerian movies sucks big time. tongue tongue
Nollywood has been producing crappy films for years. I believe there are people that can do better works but are not given the opportunity or they are being frustrated.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by ibabalol: 9:03pm On Mar 31, 2010
if i still watch nigerian movies?
Yes! i like to check out the asses and titties of the young
actress
speaking of that, Jenevieve looking hotter theses days oh!
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by MsTom(f): 9:20pm On Mar 31, 2010
sometimes, yes but prefer to watch the ones with traditional settings (both ibo and yoruba) . They have more originality and make more sense. In fact, I am looking out to watch ije and kajola.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by boomii(f): 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2010
Nope, I believe the producers have their inspiration from bollywood,all love no action, suspence, thriller, e.t.c. well the Yoruba ones are still better.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by tunnytox(m): 9:54pm On Mar 31, 2010
I still watch Nigerian films but only Yoruba ones especially those ones with enough comedians like Latin, Baba Ijesa and the rest. Its true that most of these films have several flaws and that's the real reason why I'll only watch those ones that are more or less like comedy just to have a laugh and no more,
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by hackney(m): 11:35pm On Mar 31, 2010
Let me be honest, i'll watch any film with mercy johnson in it.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by BloodShed1: 11:46pm On Mar 31, 2010
Horus:
I still watch Nigerian films but why don't Nigerian actresses wear their hair natural instead of trying to look white? Too many Nigerian actresses can’t remember what it’s like to feel their natural hair because they use too often wigs, weaves, extensions and chemical relaxers. Does it mean they are imitating a European style? Unfortunately, YES

Exactly.

Seeing Nigerian women and black women as a whole conform to the European beauty standard is actually disgusting to me. Very offensive.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by eros(m): 11:54pm On Mar 31, 2010
Sometimes. Anyone that seems reasonable and intellectual.

Although, i will watch any movie with Jim Iyke and Richard Mofe Damijo in it.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by chelseabmw(m): 12:38am On Apr 01, 2010
Yes i still watch nigeria films but only Comedy grin
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Nobody: 1:36am On Apr 01, 2010
anywhere is just a drama of life.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by 1honeybee: 3:55am On Apr 01, 2010
ehnmmm. . . . .my friend cant do without watching a nollywood movie a day and a yoruba movie to put her to sleep at nite. shocked i know. . .very mental
I however i dont care, i watch her recommended ones and dats it
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Cmiller(m): 6:15am On Apr 01, 2010
I can actually count d numba of tyms i watchd dullywood films,n d fact dt they ar not ashamed of themselves n de kip repeatin d same story n alwyz has one hero in al dia movies of a nation of over 140m nigerians.i dnt fink dt i like it n i watch al d movies wen dey paste dia advertbill on d walls so i dnt get 2 watch d real film.lol.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by pendusky(m): 6:18am On Apr 01, 2010
The naija movie industry sucks! My family has placed a total ban on watching naija films. Reasons:
1. the storyline is always heavily faulted logically.
2. The costuming is appalling. It is a common sight 4 a rich man (for instance) in the story 2 appear wearing an old, rumpled and ill fitting Aba made suit.
3. They keep using the same actors n also keep writing scripts in basically the same story line.
4. Worst of all, the dialogue is so dry, lacks innovation and is totally predictable.

Post other reasons why u feel naija movies sucks

I dont see any Good thing in this post,Lets take for example If your child is not doing well in school, what do you do? do you abandon him/her? no instead you encourage him/her and he will do more, we can not criticize our movie industry for it to do well,  So please, our movie industry needs encouragement to perform well.  I think it your post and the follower that sucks!
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Oking1(m): 6:23am On Apr 01, 2010
i had to stop watching them when i found out out i was getting duller each time i watched it i. later found out that Yoruba Movies makes more sense even if i dont completely understand the language.the moral lessons are very interesting [color=#990000][/color] cry .
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by ayettymama(f): 6:29am On Apr 01, 2010
i love nigerian movies- i love ini edo most

u dont get attitude in hollywood films- just fakeness upon fakeness

yoruba movies- simply absolutely amazing!

i wish gabriel afolayan will do more movies though- we need more eyecandy!!!!
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Acidosis(m): 6:34am On Apr 01, 2010
Only a jobless man will watch naija comedy especially those 1s frm Ukwa.
slowpoke is wat I call him.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Stogiz(f): 8:54am On Apr 01, 2010
Well i don't like to be pessimistic,nigerian movies can always get better. Truth is foreign movies didn't start from the top so pls let's go easy on us.though i feel my intelligence is being insulted at times,i understand that nigeria is a developing country even in movies.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by justsolos: 11:22am On Apr 01, 2010
Pple are title to ther own opinions and observation, and u are not an exception, for me i still have fun with Nigerian comedians!
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by justsolos: 11:26am On Apr 01, 2010
People are title to their own opinions and observation and u are not an exception, as  4 me i still have fun with Nigerians comedians when i wnat to have a good laught!
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by blesbeatz(m): 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2010
looking at the poster,then no did to watch,the same story line n actors makes me sick.no need to call it film but drama,dont watch it myslf but as a future director am proud of it cz we are getting somewhere.gues am just going to give it up to the music industry cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mr & Mrs Movie Review / My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight / Best TV Series I've Ever Watched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.