Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,139 members, 7,977,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 02:21 AM

Ekuechi Festival: Gov. Bello In Okene,promises To Promote Kogi Cultural Festival - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekuechi Festival: Gov. Bello In Okene,promises To Promote Kogi Cultural Festival (946 Views)

Akeredolu Mounted A Billboard For Yahaya Bello In Kogi - Photo / Dino Melaye: I Am Better Than Yahaya Bello In Bed / Yahaya Bello In Bourdillon, Meets Tinubu (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ekuechi Festival: Gov. Bello In Okene,promises To Promote Kogi Cultural Festival by binsanni(m): 10:27am On Dec 08, 2017
Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi, Thursday in Okene, in the State’s Central Senatorial District, promised to revive and promote cultural festivals that were formally celebrated across the state.

The Kogi State Governor averred that cultural relation amongst the various groups in the state “are the major drivers that promote unity,” stressing that he would support any effort that encourages it.

Bello who made the remark at this year's edition of Ekuechi festival in Okene said “I’m a firm believer of my cultural heritage and I will not ignore that noble tradition that was handed down to our fathers by their fore-fathers.”

He added that since he came to power about two years ago, “I have identified with various cultural outings in the state and I’m committed to supporting them in order to promote peace, unity and love among our people.”
Governor Bello appealed to the people of Ebira land to support the government in its resolve to change the fortune of the area for the better, assuring that the age long cultural festival of the land would be revived and made attractive to generate money for the people.

He used the occasion to reaffirm his determination to improve basic social amenities in all parts of the state.

He said “My administration will empower our women and youths to earn money for a better standard of living.”

Bello advised Kogi indigenes to embrace the State and Federal Governments’ “welfare programmes that are aimed at ameliorating your sufferings.”

He called on politicians to see the development of the district as a collective responsibility, and enjoined them to pool their resources together to improve the lives of the less privilege rather than engaging in acts that divide them.

The Ohinoyi of Ebiraland, Alhaji Ado Ibrahim who delivered the goodwill message commended the Governor for his belief in the unity of Ebira people and the state in general.

He called on his subjects to support the present administration in its quest to take the state to “higher heights.”
#IRENUOHI VS ANEVERE AKA SEMENTI

Re: Ekuechi Festival: Gov. Bello In Okene,promises To Promote Kogi Cultural Festival by Isokowadoo: 10:39am On Dec 08, 2017
A very useless Governor.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

China Tops List Of Cities With Skyscrapers With 317 While Usa Comes 2nd With 257 / I Borrowed N10bn To Clear Salary, Says Kogi Governor / Operation Python Dance Iii; A Counter Measure For Biafra Referendum- Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.