Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,390 members, 7,929,229 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 11:22 AM

Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph (2634 Views)

SOLD! Reg Range Rover Sport HSE 2006 @3m / SOLD! Tokunbo Range Rover Sport HSE 2006 / Toks Range Rover Sport Hse 2006 Model...clean Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by fayodeji: 1:38pm On Mar 30, 2010
Hello guys,

All of a sudden, my RRSport HSE acceleration cut off when it reach 30mph. Has anyone of you who owns RRSport in Nigeria experienced this problem before and how you go about resolving it? I've search other forums (e.g rrsport.co.uk) on the Internet and none have ever experienced this issue before. it seem to be a peculiar issue probably in Nigeria. My mechanic have tried some solutions, but no joy. I'm afraid to take it to BFN Coscharis as they charge #1m to register (cause you don't buy the vehicle from them) before they start looking into it. No guarantee they will solve the problem either.

Thanks,

Femi.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by elms: 3:20pm On Mar 30, 2010
Your check engine light will definitely be on so you will need to do a scan. Although i have a professional scanning machine i will still advise you to contact one of these automedics guys. You can call Kunle on 08038292296. They are professional mechanics (trained in the US) and can also fix the problem after scanning. But they aren't cheap but their charges are NOWHERE near what coscharis will charge.
All the best.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by webmaster3: 3:58pm On Mar 30, 2010
Do you mean your car cannot exceed 3000rpm when you revv/move or it cannot exceed 30mph(speed) on your speedometer.
If it cannot exceed 3000rpm then your car is in safe/limp mode and the engine is protecting itself thereby not exceeding 3000rpm (limp mode).
What you need to do in this case is to scan you car with an OBII scanner and trace where the fault is coming from. It could be a faulty Maf sensor or loose connection or some other causes.

This same thing happened to me some weeks ago and in my case i found out that i had a broken sensor connection to my Vtec soleniod(honda accord 2003) after i scanned the car for errors. All i had to do was to replace the solenoid and it worked fine.

However if you cannot exceed more than 30mph(speed) with your car i have never experienced that before.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by Onwan: 7:30pm On Mar 30, 2010
@Poster
Please do not waste your time with Coscharis; the beauty of vehicles like this is the intelligence and ability to perform some DIY on it yourself for most faults.

Your problem is not an uncommon one. My take is your fuel pump. Please have it removed and checked for continuous flow; get a spare one from the BMW parts side of Ladipo or any of the shops they sell it, have it fixed and try it out again on the road.

I have this diagnostics tool I bought from perrysolution.com ; Its an INNOVA 3100e for 27k or 37k, Its very helpful and will give you a reading for your vehicle. I think people should buy and have these tools handy and learn how to use them. If you can invest over 1M in a vehicle, I think you should help yourself by buying a diagnostic tool - you wont regret it. Its so easy to use - Just like your cell phone or PC.

Kindly let us know.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by octar6: 9:00pm On Mar 30, 2010
The problem with ur ride could be elecrical related.I was told that the problem with rrs HSE is always electrical problem.becareful with mecahanics fingering that ride anyhow cos the engine is very complex unlike the common conventional cars u find on the roads.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by sultaan(m): 12:56pm On Mar 31, 2010
If you need a scanner, I have one for sale.
Its Actron CP9145

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-240494.0.html

Having one of this will cover all your vehicles from wrong repairs.
You will be able to know what is wrong with your car and the fix before you find yourself stuck on the road.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by Onwan: 1:14pm On Mar 31, 2010
Poster should read my input above and check/change the fuel pump - Its the first point for the troubleshooting.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by freshmoney(m): 5:50pm On Mar 31, 2010
Poster, check www.fixya.com, its a troubleshooting website; its full of experts. Check under auto, then just type in 2006 Range Rover HSE, its possible you see related complaints and how experts go about solving them. If not,then post your complaints there, it is free, couple of minutes after, refresh the page and you shall have about 2 solution. cool cool

Onwan: When I asked you to stop anticipating in buying RR, it was as if I was misleading you. Now you see, the electrical issues is a huge turn-off of the RR
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by freshmoney(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2010
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by Onwan: 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2010
@Freshmoney
Thanks for the comments.

The Range Rover is the best SUV for me and from my recent hard experience, I'm more convinced.

The problem he has is a very small one - a fuel pump problem (which is what I believe it is) is something that is common to most high end vehicles - the reason being that owners are simply hooked on them and cant just seem to get their hands off the wheels  cheesy

All vehicles have their problems and from what I have seen - you will see less posts of high end vehicles or the Range Rover having problems than the "reliable" average ones; for instance, this is the first post I'm seeing of an RR having issues BUT you can see an everyday trend of issues with the average vehicles on nairaland and it seems unending.

Anyways, the comfort, intelligence and ruggedness in an RR makes whatever worth it.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by freshmoney(m): 8:23pm On Mar 31, 2010
Onwan, it doesn't seem like a bad fuel pump. If its bad fuel pump, the vehicle,on speed, will act as if its taking a deep breath, and then it comes up accelerating again. The man's vehicle's problem is tantamount to bad brain box components. It could be Gear selector, it could be anything in the tranny.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by Onwan: 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2010
@Freshmoney
Please let him start from the fuel pump; I'm posting this from experience. When you have a failing or very low pressure component in the fuel supply line, some vehicles jerk based on insufficient supply and some cut off at a specific rpm simply interpreted by the supply line not being able to feed the engine with the required amount of fuel for the speed/rev and above.

Any manual will tell you to try out about 5 steps for a fault in troubleshooting. This is my first. Fuel pumps are cheap (at most less than 7k for a good toks) he should get a spare and try it out for checks.

Paying 1Mill just for some stupid registration with Coscharis is simply a rip off. He should buy a diagnostics tool for like 40k (not even for this issue), then he is obviously online - that's all you need to handle any car, Know the options to check and then call a mechanic to do what you want them to do.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by freshmoney(m): 9:04pm On Mar 31, 2010
Onwan you are a genius. I just learnt something. I second, the fuel pump might be the culprit grin
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by Onwan: 9:16pm On Mar 31, 2010
@Freshmoney
Especially for vehicles that have two pumps or more in the supply line; the pre-supply pump is usually playing games after a while being that its usually in between the main in-tank pump and the engine - so a lot of pressure balancing and boosting wears it out.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by freshmoney(m): 9:17pm On Mar 31, 2010
Onwan excuse me, are you an auto doctor?
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by fayodeji: 9:20pm On Mar 31, 2010
I thank you guys for all your support. The vehicle have been sorted. I have an Autologic diagnostic Unit (http://www.autologic-diagnostics.com/) but sometime complex to use. Now it comes with 2010 RR for free. Big up to my mechanic in Oregun who know how use it and good in repairing Range Rover (as he worked for range rover in UK for 7 years). He just back from holiday today and sort me out within 5 minutes. He used the unit to calibrate the Air suspension (EAS) module and the vehicle is flying. He found out that disconnecting the battery somehow disabled the air suspension calibration.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by Onwan: 9:28pm On Mar 31, 2010
@Poster
So its an air suspension issue?
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by fayodeji: 9:32pm On Mar 31, 2010
Yes O.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by Onwan: 9:35pm On Mar 31, 2010
That means its possible without the vehicle being flat on its backside, you have have a speed limit from suspension problems.

Did you have the air suspension flat or an airmatic system error at all before that ? Sorry, this will help us learn more and help everyone.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by Onwan: 9:45pm On Mar 31, 2010
@Poster
Its really very strange that you would get a speed limit from the air suspension problem without any air system notice on your dash prior?, and you did not have any height problems?
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by fayodeji: 9:55pm On Mar 31, 2010
Onwan, when my mechanic told me that the battery was disconnected probably while the engine was running, I asked my driver and confessed to me that he disconnected the battery while engine was running to put back the original one (as the original was flat). This scattered the bain of the vehicle. All module reset back to normal, but affected the air suspension calibration.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by Onwan: 10:06pm On Mar 31, 2010
That's pretty nice to know. It was nice your driver told the truth - it helps clear the air and throws more light on the problem. Thanks for sharing the information with us.

Very much appreciated.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by eros(m): 4:00pm On Apr 01, 2010
This is very educative. I doff my hat Sir Onwan for your insight and knowledge always shared on this forum. I learnt alot just reading through the comments.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by Onwan: 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2010
Its a nightmare to entrust drivers with some kind of rides. Imagine what they can hide from owners. The difference in what they tell you and what they hide from you is a lot of stress and money.

I found out something very important; the Diagnostic tool I bought is based around emission related symptoms and faults - In general quarters its very limited and in my own view its completely useless. People should find out the limitations of these tools before buying.

Anyone with an OBD III or Auto-logic tool for sale in the house?
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by fayodeji: 10:02pm On Apr 01, 2010
Mind you, Autologic diag is limited to european vehicles only and can be very expensive. The system offers total diagnostic coverage of all engine, chassis and body system. The hardware is free, but you need to buy the diag software for each manufacturer's vehicle .  I only have Land Rover diag software on the unit and cost me £5850.00. Anyway, mine is not for sale, but available for hire if need be.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by Aare1(m): 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2010
@ OP

Does ur mechanic fix Year 2000 isuzu trooper. For two days now, the car has been sluggish, the engine sounds very high but the car just won't move. Its showing REDUCED POWER on the dash display. Took it to my mechanic who replaced the plugs but still no show.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by Aare1(m): 6:57am On Apr 04, 2010
Bump
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by Aare1(m): 10:13am On Apr 04, 2010
cry
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by Onwan: 11:51am On Apr 04, 2010
@Fayodeji
Thanks for the info. I'll work at that.

@Aare 1
I'm sorry, just didn't see your post on time. Apart from scanning (which is recommended for that vehicle) - I have some questions for you;
1. While pushing real slow, does it eventually cut off? - I'm looking at you fuel pump/supply here IF it cuts off.
2. When moving, does the gear shift at all? - I'm trying to find out if it shifts from gear to gear or remains on a low gear 1 or 2 - transmission
3. Whats the maximum rpm you get even when you throttle the highest in motion?

These will help myself and the people in the house figure out a possible cause.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by fayodeji: 1:21pm On Apr 04, 2010
Aare 1:

@ OP

Does your mechanic fix Year 2000 isuzu trooper. For two days now, the car has been sluggish, the engine sounds very high but the car just won't move. Its showing REDUCED POWER on the dash display. Took it to my mechanic who replaced the plugs but still no show.
I believed it assist you. You can call him on 08037197028. His name is Paul.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by fayodeji: 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2010
For Onwan

The engine does not cut off
Yes the gear shift to 4 and stay on gear 4 when is at 30mph
Not sure about the rpm.
Re: Rrs Hse 2006 Does Not Speed Above 30mph by Onwan: 2:19pm On Apr 04, 2010
@Fayodeji
Sorry, those questions were for Aare_1.

I'm sure your Range Rover is taken care of cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fabulous Registered 1995 Toyota Landcruiser is sold sold / Clean Toks Toyota Sienna 2001 For Sale 08183990819 / Newly Registered Volvojeep Xc90 2m Call 08023408690

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.