Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,729 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:47 AM

Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 (20654 Views)

Buratai: I Won’t Return To Abuja Until Boko Haram Is Defeated / Won’t Return To Aso Rock If I Lose On Saturday – Buhari / 'I Won’t Return To APC' – Governor Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by ultraprime(m): 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2017
What Words from our very own loot-enant Buhari grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by AmTruth: 2:40pm On Dec 08, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
tete7000:
No looter where there has been no conviction. Convict people first, send them to jail. Only then can you boast they won't return to power. The earlier you people realize those who haven't been convicted are innocent, the better for you.
You know he can't be the prosecutor and judge at the same time. As we know our judiciary system is very frustrating and disappointing. No wonder Deiziani Maduke applied that her case be transferred to Nigeria because she know some of our judges are corrupt as mentioned by the president himself. Anyway we shall get there one day as we continue to argue and criticize objectively.
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by lionel4mercy: 2:41pm On Dec 08, 2017
who will tell this man that many of the "saints" working with are "holy thieves". When things will start receiving light He won't believe it then. He should just wait till that time.
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 08, 2017
Buhari is one of the looter should be voted out of government.
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 08, 2017
mex22:

My brother even by the time buhari leaves govt.things cannot be they way he met them.meaning dollar he met at 210-220 can never get it to that.Mind u he met a bag of rice at 7,500 other food stuffs at way below half of the price.the fact the prices of food stuffs dropped a little is because the hardship was much that most Nigerians had to resort to farming to feed.If he came in hit the ground running probably a bag of rice today would have been as low as 5,000 and other items far cheaper.The buying power dropped,the salaries could not take most people home cos of high inflation occasioned by bad govt.policies and slow response to issues.Our exchange rate got to #520.cos the govt. didn't allow foreign currencies to do their thing(by pegging d dollar n other currencies against d naira) bringing about over a 100% rise in a space of 1year.As a result companies closed shop cos of high cost of production and thousands jobs were lost.
I am not a fan of Jonathan. I am just an honest Nigerian who is bold to say the truth when things aren't going well.I see people who can't have one tangible meal in a day.Here in the north the rate of food theft is on the rise cos there isn't money in circulation,no visible capital projects been done.Brother there is hunger in the land if u are not aware.

@Amtruth is see from your profile u registered just in December.I suspect you are one those online politicallyvrecruited robots paid to boost the image of a political party.Come,gone are the days of those magic.Performance should speak for itself .#WESAYNOTOPROPAGANDA.
dont bother replying BMC agents
like i've said before hunger knows no tribe or language
imagine somebody talking about data smh
well at least we now know why data no dy last again
but in dia madness they've forgotten dat we have moved on from having only nta and dat cell phones are available
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by efighter: 2:51pm On Dec 08, 2017
DLondonboiy:
Look at This old foolish devil...You can only deceive dem sarrki..

If a two term president of Nigeria is an old foolish devil, please what do you call your unknown father then? No insult intended, just simple question.
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by odogwubiafra: 3:15pm On Dec 08, 2017
GavelSlam:

How biafra by the way?

He who fights and tactically withdraws, restrategises to conquer another time. We'll be back soon.
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by govomotors: 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2017
Mr. President, we are asking for the names of the looters. This will enable us know who they are and not vote for them, abi na just political statement?
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by wiseEast: 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2017
GavelSlam:

How biafra by the way?

aND YOUR ZOO?? NKO
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by wiseEast: 3:50pm On Dec 08, 2017
junnyjake:
You inclusive.

YES NOW HE INCLUSIVE
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by MONITZ: 4:04pm On Dec 08, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Baba you too no clean o

I would want him to make this statement to Babaginda's hearing so that he can receive some washing down from him,those that know know that Bubu isn't totally clean particularly when he was a federal commissioner for petroleum,Chairman of PTF and as a military president,wat his supporters should be saying is that he is relatively clean compared to others albeit that doesn't mean is totally free, then I would agree and not the anthem of him not being corrupt at all,how was he able to become president?Bunch of liars,and followers following blindly without asking questions ,anything they re told they take hook,line and sinker....

That said,being corrupt doesn't always equate to bad governance e.g Babaginda whom many claim was very corrupt but was still able to achieve some tangible developments,just like being relatively clean doesn't also mean the person would ve an impeccable character or be a good leader e.g Bubu who despite the goodwills of Nigerians is proving to be a disaster,vindictive nd clannish in his appointments.
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by kishbee41(m): 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2017
who told him he will return 2019,harry bubu we are watching you in 4k
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by Opeyemi4real(m): 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2017
A looting government that made life better for citizenry is better than the PRESENT looting government that cares only about their pockets.
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by Duru009(m): 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2017
You are one of them sir.!
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 08, 2017
GavelSlam:

How biafra by the way?

Igbo mata ga ata isi gi.
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by Shaev7(m): 5:21pm On Dec 08, 2017
Same old story.
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by Leke001: 5:48pm On Dec 08, 2017
hmmmn!...I laugh
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by Lot13(m): 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2017
iamloski:
Buhari the number 1 looter, you are not coming back
Says who?
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by AmTruth: 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2017
mex22:

My brother even by the time buhari leaves govt.things cannot be they way he met them.meaning dollar he met at 210-220 can never get it to that.Mind u he met a bag of rice at 7,500 other food stuffs at way below half of the price.the fact the prices of food stuffs dropped a little is because the hardship was much that most Nigerians had to resort to farming to feed.If he came in hit the ground running probably a bag of rice today would have been as low as 5,000 and other items far cheaper.The buying power dropped,the salaries could not take most people home cos of high inflation occasioned by bad govt.policies and slow response to issues.Our exchange rate got to #520.cos the govt. didn't allow foreign currencies to do their thing(by pegging d dollar n other currencies against d naira) bringing about over a 100% rise in a space of 1year.As a result companies closed shop cos of high cost of production and thousands jobs were lost.
I am not a fan of Jonathan. I am just an honest Nigerian who is bold to say the truth when things aren't going well.I see people who can't have one tangible meal in a day.Here in the north the rate of food theft is on the rise cos there isn't money in circulation,no visible capital projects been done.Brother there is hunger in the land if u are not aware.

@Amtruth is see from your profile u registered just in December.I suspect you are one those online politicallyvrecruited robots paid to boost the image of a political party.Come,gone are the days of those magic.Performance should speak for itself .#WESAYNOTOPROPAGANDA.
Am pleased with your objectivity for now. However am not recruited by any political party. Am just a Nigerian who looks at the good aspect of things. I rather prefer that millions of jobs are created in rice farming to continue to increase production thereby reducing the price from 28K last year to btw 12,000 and 16,000 now. At 7,500 per bag millions of job were not created because we were importing and creating jobs for other. I assure you rice price will still drop as production increase. The govt release 1.2 trillion for capital budget but most went to backlog owed contractor by previous administration hence low visibility as this has encourage most contractor back to site . Many factories are been commission in kebbi,kano kaduna,calabar, fertilizer plant in Ph ,lagos by the vice president,cbn gov,president to mentioned but few.though this is inadequate to the many unemployed,however company are still setting up factories. No one is saying things are ok, but what we say is that things are gradually getting better overtime if only you also see the good aspect of the govt.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by borntosuccess(m): 9:12pm On Dec 08, 2017
GavelSlam:

How biafra by the way?
ewu,face d truth
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by Mechejy: 9:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
Ebullience:
President Muhammadu Buhari has challenged those who want to contest against him in 2019 to an integrity test.

Speaking at an interactive session with community leaders and stakeholders at the Coronation Hall of the Kano Government House to round off his two-day visit to the state, he said Nigerians would not let treasury looters return to power.

He said: “Those who ruled Nigeria without vision and looted the nation’s treasury are the same people boasting that they will displace the APC government and return to office.

“We will wait and see, if they think Nigerians are ignorant. They have the guts of declaring their intention to reclaim office.”

The President cautioned the opposition to be ready to respond to questions from Nigerians on how they governed for 16 years without genuine development.

The opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) says it will be returning to power in 2019 because, in its view, the APC is not doing well.

Buhari said: “Public office holders involved in sharp malpractices would incur the wrath of God. “Those assigned into public positions of trust were mortals, they will transit and appear before their creator to answer for the misdeeds carried out while holding forth the position entrusted in their care by the populace.”

To the President, “it is infuriating that those tasked with the administration of criminal justice in Nigeria were detected to be engaged in criminal acts”. “Diplomatic passports, huge amount of foreign and local currencies were found in the possession of a judge; how does this sound?”

Buhari also alleged that “from 1999 to 2014, Nigeria exported over two million barrels of crude oil daily at the cost of 100 USD, the monies realised were squandered and looted. They failed to save for the future and this is where we are today.”

He lamented that “corruption and corrupt practices have assumed a frightening dimension” and explained that “the fight against corruption is the most difficult task of the present administration’s agenda since its inception over two year ago”.

All the property recovered from treasury looters will be sold off and the proceeds remitted to the Federal Government’s coffers for use to provide the good things of life for Nigerians, he said.

Selling off the properties would serve as deterrent to politicians who want to steal, the President added.

Giving reasons for his thinking, Buhari said it was to avoid the mistake he made as a military ruler when the stolen assets he confiscated were returned to the owners after he left office.

President Buhari thanked Kano people for their warm reception and promised to play a part in the state’s development.

Buhari said: “The mammoth crowd, including children, women and youths who thronged the streets to catch a glimpse of me, is a signal to those on the other side of the divide that I am still popular and relevant at home.”

Emir of Kano Muhammad Sanusi 11 raised the alarm on the “danger lurking ahead over the massive importation of cheap beverages into the country”. I urge the Federal Government to do something urgent to stop this ugly trend.”

He called for the review of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) charter, saying the liberalisation agreement of cross-border trade does not favour Nigeria as massive smuggling of sub-standard products, such as rice, textile materials and beverages have continued to kill the nation’s economy.

Stakeholders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state adopted the President as their candidate for the 2019 general elections.

They also expressed their commitment and support for Governor Abdullahi Ganduje as their candidate for 2019.

According to a statement by the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the President did not say he accepted and did not decline the endorsement even after the party leaders promised to procure the nomination forms for him and threatened to sue him if he declined.

President Buhari merely beamed with smiles and went on to underscore the need for unity in the party and among the diverse peoples of Nigeria.

The APC stakeholders meeting was attended by Governor Ganduje, his deputy Prof Hafizu Abubakar, the state Chairman and the members of the State Executive Committee and members of the National Executive Committee of the party from Kano State.

Also present were two of the state’s senators; members of the House of Representatives from the state, the Speaker and 34 of the 40 members of the Kano State House of Assembly and the 44 party chairmen, their deputies and the Local Government Area secretaries of the APC.

It was witnessed by Jigawa State Governor Muhammed Badaru Abubakar.

The state chairman of the APC, Alhaji Inuwa Abbas hinged their endorsement of the President on his achievements in the last two years especially on security, the war against corruption and the restructuring of the economy.

Speaking on a humorous note, Ganduje said the party was prepared to drag the President to court to force his acceptance of the second term ticket.

Buhari said he understood the clamour by the ordinary people on the streets who raised four fingers on each arm, ”meaning four-plus-four”.

He, however, stressed the need to sanitise party politics by ridding it of vote buying and violence.

“What I saw in the elections in Kogi, Bayelsa and Rivers, the use of money and those headless bodies really upset me. I don’t wish to see that anywhere. I would not have won if money and killing was the modus of operation. That is my view of politics,” the President said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-looters-wont-return-power-2019/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
buhari you are right but dont forget one finger is pointing to your opponèntsthe other are pointing at you.Also a certificate forger will not contest, he who puts his friends and family in high position should not contest.He who disobeys court order to releasè defenceless citizen should not contest.he who orders the killing of a tribe and labelleď them terrorist should not contest. he who protect murderous herdsmen and called them mere criminals shouldn't contest.he who did one sided appointments shouldn't contest.finally he whose wife condemned his leadership style in BBC hausa interview should go home because he is the fatheŕ of corruption
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by soso22(m): 10:10pm On Dec 08, 2017
Including you oga!
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by dantori(m): 7:40am On Dec 09, 2017
Yeligray:
swrz... The $26billion that got missing under him as the minister of petroleum is yet to be recovered and no one is talking about it.

You know why?? because no one has evidence to prove that bogus lie, Mister
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by dantori(m): 7:45am On Dec 09, 2017
Yeligray:
swrz... The $26billion that got missing under him as the minister of petroleum is yet to be recovered and no one is talking about it.

You know why?? because no one has evidence to prove that bogus lie, Mr
Re: Buhari: Looters Won’t Return To Power In 2019 by dataideas: 5:42pm On Mar 30, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: I Will Bring Biafra Back To Nigeria If Elected_ Olawepo Hashim / Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari / Abba Kyari: No Difference Between Hushpuppi, Buhari, Tinubu – Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.