Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,136 members, 7,977,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 01:10 AM

Atiku:no One Who Favours One Religion Over The Other Can Win A Presidential Elec - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku:no One Who Favours One Religion Over The Other Can Win A Presidential Elec (474 Views)

PDP Plotting Secret Voting To Take Over 9th National Assembly, APC Senators-elec / See A Presidential Candidate In Niger Republic Campaigning With Buharis PICS. / Osun Rerun: How Buhari Sent Fayemi Back To Nigeria To Meet Omisore Ahead Of Elec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku:no One Who Favours One Religion Over The Other Can Win A Presidential Elec by solablings(f): 1:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
(i) You may recall that I had been elected Governor of Adamawa State in 1999, but before I could assume office, Chief Obasanjo selected me as his running mate.

Well, enormous pressure was put on me by what you might call the Adamawa (Muslim) elite not to allow my running mate, Mr Boni Haruna, to become Governor, mainly because of his Christian faith.

I refused, and fought all the way to the Supreme Court to ensure that the Constitution was followed. Again, after his first term I was prevailed upon to prevent him from running for second term.

Again I turned them down. Virtually all of them abandoned me and the governor. But Adamawa people stood by us and for fairness.

As I said, Adamawa is like Nigeria; thus, we may not survive a religious war. Therefore, it would be the height of recklessness and irresponsibility to start one. In any case, no one who favours one religion over the other can win a presidential election in this country.

#AtikuMeetsBishops

1 Like

Re: Atiku:no One Who Favours One Religion Over The Other Can Win A Presidential Elec by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:58pm On Dec 08, 2017
Meaning Buhari Did Not Favour Muslims Before 2015?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku:no One Who Favours One Religion Over The Other Can Win A Presidential Elec by python1: 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
Is that why you have never got to the final? Because, you always got dropped at quarter final. Keep dreaming, we shall see where 5% will take you to.
Re: Atiku:no One Who Favours One Religion Over The Other Can Win A Presidential Elec by python1: 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Exactly. But watch how some rats with heads like deflated tyres will soon go back to their vomitous. They will start telling us how Buhari’s imaginary bigotry started only after swearing in. Their mumu button is just about criticising Buhari, anyone that does that qualifies for their god. If Shekau criticise Buhari today, I swear they will suck his balls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku:no One Who Favours One Religion Over The Other Can Win A Presidential Elec by tuniski: 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Buhari was only used in 2015 by desperate political class with an undercurrent of returning power to Arewa.
The buharideens were helped by coalitions of votes outside of the bigotry. 2019 a different politics all together!

(1) (Reply)

The Yoruba People, Pdp And The Future Of The Nigerian Union By Olabode George / Libya Slave Trade: Why Nigerians Cannot Sue Libya Government – Falana / Exclusive Documents Reveal That EFCC Received Permission From NJC To Try Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.