Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,314 members, 7,971,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 12:29 AM

Iran's Nuclear Programme Is Like A Train Without Brake And Reverse Gear - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iran's Nuclear Programme Is Like A Train Without Brake And Reverse Gear (1451 Views)

Okorocha Spotted On A Train In London After Being Embarrassed By IPOB. Photo / Photos: Jonathan Rides A Train / A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran's Nuclear Programme Is Like A Train Without Brake And Reverse Gear by asoderock(m): 9:41am On Feb 26, 2007
As the war of word between Iran and the US continues over the former's Nuclear programme, Iran has declared that it's Nuclear Programme is unstoppable, likening it to a train without reverse gear and brake.
this follows a hint from Dick Cheney- US VP in Australia that all options, including military action are on the table, to stop Iran.
Do you think Iran is being unfairly treated?
Does Iran truely has the right to Nuclear Technology as it claims?
Or do you think the US threat of military action is realistic, or is it just a pressure tactics?
What do you think will be the effect and cosequence of military action against Iran?
Are American people ready for another war?
Is there still a chance that diplomacy will still resolve the stand off?

Let us know the facts and your opinion.
Re: Iran's Nuclear Programme Is Like A Train Without Brake And Reverse Gear by FACE(m): 10:29am On Feb 26, 2007
In my opinion, the major problem/danger that the world faces is a United States/Allies that would have WMD's and allied technologies while their "enemies" are denied same rights. Everybody or no one should be allowed to have nuclear technologies.

The Bush administration that refuses to speak with the "axis of evil" recently spoke with North Korea. Why ? Because they cannot go bombing Korea as they may find a way of deploying their Nuclear weapons to American Soil.

Why should we imagine that nuclear weapons are safe in someboby's hand and not in another's ? All it will take is for a Hitler to arise from any of the so called safe owners and use them at will.

Some people assume that while something is good for them, that others do not have the right to aspire to have same.

The US refused to be a part of the ban on nuclear proliferation in space, yet they had the guts to complain when China shut down a satelite from space. The U.S should not be allowed to ride rough shod over everyone else.

In answer to your questions:

Yes, Iran is being bullied.

Yes, Iran has the right to nuclear technology. (Even according to international laws which only bans the development of nuclear weapons).

Yes, under George Bush , the U.S threat of Military Action is realistic (unless stopped by Democrats)

The effect of military action against Iran would be another Iraq. The world would move closer to self destruction as catalysed by the US.

I dont think the American citizens are ready for another war, but GB is ready to go get 'em.

It is absolute rubbish to refuse to dialogue with your enemies. That is a bully's tactics and will not work. History has shown that warring parties end up resolving their conflict round the table. Of course, diplomacy on equal terms would resolve the conflict.
Re: Iran's Nuclear Programme Is Like A Train Without Brake And Reverse Gear by Afam(m): 10:40am On Feb 26, 2007
@FACE,

At a time I thought I was reading my own post.

I am with you 100% on this and as a matter of fact it is what makes sense.

No one should own nuclear weapons or everyone should be allowed to own them.

What is the essence of the NPT when all that is required for Iran to get the US and IAEA off its back is for it to opt out of the NPT and become like Israel, India and Pakistan that are not signatories and can develop as many nuclear weapons as they wanted without anyone paying attention to them.

I hope that many will be bold enough to call a spade a spade and let Bush and his fellow war mongers realize that he is turning the US into the most hated country even by non arabs and the world will be a whole lot safer without him at the helms of affairs in the US.
Re: Iran's Nuclear Programme Is Like A Train Without Brake And Reverse Gear by McKren(m): 11:18am On Feb 26, 2007
There is no military action involved in this trust me. America will not engage Russia in an indirect war. Puttin has autorised his soldiers to shoot any American who threatens the safety of their facilities in Iran.
They are only trying to bully Iran but it is not going to happen this time.
Re: Iran's Nuclear Programme Is Like A Train Without Brake And Reverse Gear by FACE(m): 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2007
Hi Afam,

Good to hear from you again. I joined this forum a coupla days ago. How are you ?

Regards,

Face.
Re: Iran's Nuclear Programme Is Like A Train Without Brake And Reverse Gear by Afam(m): 6:07pm On Feb 26, 2007
Hi Face,

Ahaaa, so it's you. Good to hear from you too after a long time.

How you dey?

The forum is busy and interesting, hope you will enjoy yourself. Unfortunately, some of the very good ones are not around anymore for various reasons.

Take care and stay blessed man.
Re: Iran's Nuclear Programme Is Like A Train Without Brake And Reverse Gear by chidichris(m): 11:40pm On Feb 27, 2007
Face, i like ur posts as it is educating will be nice if u will read and accept other people's views in the same manner. if you say iran is been bullied, by who? us or the security council or the permanent members?
North Korea has conditionally dropped their nuclea programme and believe you me, Iran to get nuclea weapon is as difficult as Bush becoming the next president of nigeria.
america is not the big problem here but isreal. we are all human beings of which nobody waits to see what an enemy with knife will do with his life.
Iran has on different many occassions called for isreal to be wiped out of the map but isreal is calm because they still doubt the possibilities of such empty call but this empty call will nolonger be empty with the possession of wmd.
be informed that there are a million and one means of stopping iran.
please make out time and read eleborately on iran. as day breaks, the president is getting more and more oposition at his home front. the race has just begun with a minor sanction and trace it to the last letter, tehran is withdrawing seriously from her reserves and the economy is going down on daily bases.
the man just conducted his first public elections in december and guess what, he lost many seats.
note today's date, there will be no iran with nuclea weapon quote me henceforth. the biggest allies of iran are russia and china which has its roots on consumer goods.
iraq had more friends and many more countries that were against the war yet none showed up when it started talkless of iran who has been warned against her moves to obtain wmd.
there will be not world war bcs of iran. if you don't know, from today know it that iran is not an arab country as they claim superior, they preffer to be called and addressed as persians.
there presence and sponsorship of hamas, hezeboulah and iraqi insurgence is negatively telling on their economy and experts in iran and falling out with the leadership.
if you do not know who would not see iran get nuclea weapon, it is isreal. they have installed their satelite monitor on all the assumed sites and will not seek anybody's notice to strike whenever they observe danger. believe you me, iran cannot and will never macth isreal in war forget all the braggings of the president.
if saddam could go the way he went, i will not have anything to do with empty noise makers in the house.
mark today's date and see the end of this project and the president.
Re: Iran's Nuclear Programme Is Like A Train Without Brake And Reverse Gear by FACE(m): 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2007
Hi Chidi,

Of course I do look at other people's view points. I do not necessarily accept all they say just like they are bound to disagree with what I say at times but I surely do get educated by all.

I wasn't really talking about the military might of Iran or their internal affairs. If I was to draw a parallel comparison, I would also tell you that American foreign reserve and budget deficit have headed the other way since GB's administration and especially since his "go get 'em wars"

The point I was making was that "all animals are equal and none are more equal than the others". Same standards should be applied in dealing with all nations.

Middle east was more stable during Clinton's era . Israel and Palesting made good progress towards peace during Clinton because he encouraged talk not fight.

Iran is being bullied by the US especially. It would be wrong for you to assume that the UN security council approved the war in Iraq. France made it clear that they would veto such move, therefore US decided to go it alone and dragged along some other poodle nations. UN Security council did not approve the invasion. Iraq was actually a sitting duck by the time it was hit, because they had been forced to dismanstle their war machinary long before the invasion. That is not to say that they would have defeated America, but at least they would have been in a position to throw stone back in return for a bullet. Do you not think that any right thinking nation would have learnt from Iraqi experience ?

North Korean case is intersting and goes to show that diplomacy rules over military might any day. The Koreans were in a position to negociate their deal based on their military (maybe perceived) capability. Look at their deal again and you would notice that their deal is like "bring first before I give" (conditional) in their favour.
Re: Iran's Nuclear Programme Is Like A Train Without Brake And Reverse Gear by abdkabir(m): 12:01am On Mar 01, 2007
@ FACE
My hands and Face you. Good One.
Re: Iran's Nuclear Programme Is Like A Train Without Brake And Reverse Gear by Afam(m): 9:27am On Mar 01, 2007
@Face,

Excellent response. The problem is that some people believe that the correct position is the position that they agree with and every other view is missing the point.

We clamour for objectivity yet our posts are full of subjectivity, bias, sentiments and blind support.

On Iran and nuclear weapons, if countries like Israel, US, Pakistan, India, France can own them then any country including Iran reserves to right to develop them.

But in reality today, there is no single proof that Iran is seeking to develop nuclear weapons, developing nuclear technology to solve energy needs is what the IAEA is sure about but for countries like Israel and the US the right of Iran will be subject to their own feelings and thoughts.
Re: Iran's Nuclear Programme Is Like A Train Without Brake And Reverse Gear by asoderock(m): 10:06am On Mar 01, 2007
@Chidi
When you say that North Korea has conditionally dropped her Nuclear programme, you are not entirely correct;
North korea now has Nuclear bombs and therefore is a member of the Nuclear Club.
North Korea may agree not to produce more bombs(freeze) her Nuclear facilities for the moment, if the incentives from the US is right.

It is now clear that the US confrontational attitude did not prevent The North from acquiring Nuke.
The US earlier vowed never to have one in one talk with North Korea over her Nuke Programme, but What do we see now: a bilalateral talk b/w US and North Korea Largely at North Korea's terms.

As for Iran, Nobody will attack her Nuclaer facilities. Because the several week long, long range air campain needed will not even destroy the facilities, but may damage it. And what do you think Iran will be doing all those while? watch and dance?. Don't forget that Iran too has advanced missile Technology, and both Isreal and Us Military facilities/troops are within strikable distance.

What Iran is doing is only humanly; You try to acquire a detterant when threatened.
This issue will be resolved when the next US president, which will be a democrat, comes to power.
Remember all this Nuclear race of Iran and North Korea started when US labelled them "axis of Evil" and began to put unecessary pressure on them.
But a lasting resolution of all Nuke issues will be, just like my friend FACE put it " either all have it or none should have it" For all nations should have the same right.
Re: Iran's Nuclear Programme Is Like A Train Without Brake And Reverse Gear by Tornadoz(m): 5:44pm On Mar 01, 2007
The US is the most armed nation on earth, hence it prevents others from arming themselves (to preserve the status quo).
Re: Iran's Nuclear Programme Is Like A Train Without Brake And Reverse Gear by Afam(m): 9:40am On Mar 02, 2007
Tornadoz:

The US is the most armed nation on earth, hence it prevents others from arming themselves (to preserve the status quo).

And the world is better off without the lopsided status quo that is being used to intimidate, maim and kill anyone that disagrees with them.

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted / Prof. Charles Soludo-the Real Deal For Anambra / Governor Uduaghan Defeats Great Ogboru In Tribunal.is It A Kangaro Tribunal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.