Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,664 members, 7,930,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 02:17 PM

A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. (37525 Views)

Soon To Be Brides and grooms, Please Come In, Let's Plan Together! / After 4 Consecutive Years Of Death In Her Family, Lady Grateful For 2018 / List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by wunmi590(m): 10:39am On Dec 11, 2017
Preetiex:
amen o thanks dear

kiss
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by 0neal(m): 1:36pm On Dec 11, 2017
Preetiex:
Thanks but i dont need u

peace dearie ✌
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by xmileeasy: 2:50pm On Dec 11, 2017
Following diligently
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2017
Wedding gowns

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2017
More

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 12, 2017

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Funky123(f): 10:04pm On Dec 12, 2017
Am already cooking something for 2018 ooo.....Introduction by God's grace.....Though wedding might be early 2019....
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 12, 2017
Funky123:
Am already cooking something for 2018 ooo.....Introduction by God's grace.....Though wedding might be early 2019....
I wish you the best of luck sis

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Timmi: 10:58pm On Dec 12, 2017
For Once in a lifetime unforgettable destination wedding in Florida visit us at royaleventsservices.com.

Be inspired by this latest wedding that we handled:
Words cannot describe how much we LOVED working with this client for her special multi day traditional Nigerian wedding. A royal follower connected us to this beautiful couple and from the moment we met (virtually) we instantly connected. She was based in California, fiance based in New Jersey, and we planned their two wedding experiences to take place in Miami, Florida with four months to go. We instantly hit the ground running, planning the wedding celebrations that exceeded their dreams! Oh! One more thing we MUST add; the bridal party, yassssss! This group right here by far were the most most LIT bridal party ever! We had too much fun working with them all. Take a look at be inspired!

Contact Royal Event & Services for your upcoming wedding or special event needs! visit us at www.royaleventsservices.com
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Divay22(f): 11:11pm On Dec 12, 2017
I saw a beautiful note on facebook days back and I'll love to share so we can all read... Hope i can?

Nice work sexy.. And for those derailing, seriously it's not nice.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 13, 2017
Divay22:
I saw a beautiful note on facebook days back and I'll love to share so we can all read... Hope i can?

Nice work sexy.. And for those derailing, seriously it's not nice.
You are free now... That's the essence of the thread. To share things with each other. Thanks dearie.
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 13, 2017

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 13, 2017

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 13, 2017

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 13, 2017

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 13, 2017

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 13, 2017

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by migeoart(f): 12:29pm On Dec 13, 2017
Stepping in by faith cry cry cry
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 13, 2017
migeoart:
Stepping in by faith cry cry cry
And it shall be done for you.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 13, 2017
sexybbstar:
An igbo lady should please help with the details on igbo traditional marriage. Thanks!
Marriage or wedding ceremonies among the Igbos of eastern
Nigeria is not much different today to what it used to be 100
years ago. A wedding is called “Igba Nkwu” in traditional Igbo
language, and it an affair that joins two families and villages
together, not only the man and the woman.
In the olden days, parents contract a marriage affair on behalf
of their son or daughter – a couple with a marriageable son
visits a family friend or another couple with a marriageable
daughter and asked for their daughter to marry their son. But
today, a man is free to bring home whoever he chooses or a
lady whoever she chooses insofar the parents approve of the
other.
In simple steps, below are the ways situations that take place
before a marriage is perfected in Igboland:
i. A man sees a lady of his choice and opens up his mind and
intentions to her. If she agrees, they begin a discreet dating
affair that must not be made so public.
ii. The man then intimates his parents of his desire to marry
the particular lady, and the parents inform the entire family
who investigates the lady’s family to be sure she’s from a
good and healthy family.
iii. The man together with his parents then visits the parents of
the lady, who entertains them with drinks and foods until the
evening. Then parents of the man or their spokesman clears
his throat and reveals the reason for their visit to the family of
the lady – to marry their daughter who is identified by name in
case they have several marriageable girls.
iv. In some villages, the parents of the lady might call her out
and ask if she knows the suitor and interested in marrying
him; and in some other villages the parents of the girl will only
understand the purpose of the visit and ask for time to speak
with their daughter.
v. Before the next meeting which might take weeks, the
parents of the lady would have investigated the family of the
suitor to be certain he is from a good and healthy family.
vi. On the day of the next meeting, the family of the man
comes again to the bride’s family who says they have
accepted the offer of marriage; and then lists out the bride’s
dowry and other items that must be presented for the wedding
to hold.
vii. Some of the items demanded by the lady’s family include

- The bride dowry (Ika Akalika )
- Kegs of palm-wine
- Bottles of gin, wine, spirits
- Kolanuts and bitter-kola
- A goat or chickens
- Bags of rice
- Tubers of yam
- Crates of soft-drinks
- Packs of stockfish
- Bales of traditional cloths or wrappers
- Jewellery
viii. A day is fixed for all these items to be brought to the
family compound of the lady. The numbers of yam, drinks,
chicken, or other items vary from village to village. As soon as
these items are submitted and accepted, then a wedding date
is set.
ix. On the day of the wedding, there is feasting everywhere
and friends and family and villagers from other places come
to attend the occasion. A gourd containing palm-wine (Iko ) is
given to the bride to be handed to her husband who is seated
among the guests or crowd. She looks out for her husband
even as distractors beckon her to bring the palm-wine, but she
declines and hands it over to her husband – kneeling down.
Then is the marriage perfected.
x. In some other villages, they may require the bride to hawk or
sell a tray of sweets or boiled eggs or other trivial items
among the watching crowds and visitors to show she is
industrious and would be very helpful to her husband in the
home. This may precede the palm-wine giving ceremony to
her husband.
xi. In some communities, they practice the “Idu Uno” where the
bride’s family visits the bride’s new home some days after the
wedding to present her with household items such as cooking
utensils, bed-sheets, boxes, sewing machine, bed, pillow
cases, plates, clothes and other things newly married couples
need to start a life and family.
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2017
Preetiex:
My own children must be tall,dat it is d username now
Please how did you quote all lexusgs430 comments?
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 13, 2017
Preetiex:
dey will be tall or i get a stretching machine
I thought I was the only one that love tall guys, am not short though, just average.
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Lexusgs430: 2:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
Rolex67:
I thought I was the only one that love tall guys, am not short though, just average.
Rolex67:
Rolex67:
And it shall be done for you.

Rolex67:

Just like this......
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Aseco(m): 2:24pm On Dec 13, 2017
sexybbstar:
An igbo lady should please help with the details on igbo traditional marriage. Thanks!
are U Yoruba or igbo?
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Funky123(f): 2:26pm On Dec 13, 2017
sexybbstar:

I wish you the best of luck sis
And u too dearie...I know you are one of our 2018 bride,all the best

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 13, 2017
More on the wedding gowns

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 13, 2017
Finally

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 13, 2017
Aseco:
are U Yoruba or igbo?
I'm yoruba
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 13, 2017
Now ladies, women, guys, men... Let's start sharing ideas and asking questions. Feel free to ask anything, let's learn more about this. Divay22, we are still expecting the article o.
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Aseco(m): 2:59pm On Dec 13, 2017
sexybbstar:
I'm yoruba
ur Name?
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 13, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Just like this......
Yes.
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2017
Aseco 0post=63248789:
ur Name?
blessing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

I do not feel loved by my wife, Is this enough reason to quit my marriage? / Guy Pranks His Mother Over Pregnancy And This Happened (Photos) / "Father Of Year" Nigerian Man Wears Diaper With His Kids (Pics & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.