Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,190 members, 7,873,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:10 PM

HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. (10653 Views)

My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension / From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. / Do Not Accept A Banking Job - I Refused To Listen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by Vac1: 5:12pm On Dec 09, 2017
gbokukueba:

1. Read the company policy regarding disengagement and terminal benefits
2. You stated that in the letter they stated that you will be paid then you should find out what payment you are entitled to, ie. leave days, notice period, Gratuity etc
3. Wrote a letter to the company and ensure you have proof of delivery.
3. If you do not get a response then you should approach the National Industrial Court in Ikoyi for redress. They are very pro-employees and judgments from the Court can not be appealed.

Thank you
Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by Nnamaka1: 6:49pm On Dec 09, 2017
deco22:
Shoro intended... it's so funny how people never listen,shebi when they sue him,you will follow him to pay them compensation.the amount of money he will pay them will be more than the legal fees you are worried about

If you don't have Better advice to give,you can just pass,its not by force to comment,when he takes your advice and gets into trouble you will rush to go and modify your comment.

With this way you are talking to me!! i think i should just sue you and get some compensation because you are making me feel insulted.
Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by Princedan50: 7:11pm On Dec 09, 2017
Op do u have the appointment letter intact with you if yes u don't have to worry n sueing is the next alternate option thought it might not be easy as some think buh I can actually help you if you can mail me on Princedan50@yahoo.com. Have handle so much alike case(s).

2 Likes

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by Princedan50: 7:12pm On Dec 09, 2017
Op do u have the appointment letter intact with you if yes u don't have to worry n sueing is the next alternate option thought it might not be easy as some think buh I can actually help you if you can mail me on Princedan50@yahoo.com. Have handled so much alike case(s).

2 Likes

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by itsene: 7:23pm On Dec 09, 2017
Dismissal benefits?
Are you kidding me, you should pay them!
Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by lonelydora: 10:09pm On Dec 09, 2017
Nnamaka1:
You should have put the name and address of the company on here and also the full names of the managers involve for shaming, after all you don't have anything to loose .

Best advice so far. I will do this when the time comes for my case.

1 Like

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by ping72: 11:52pm On Dec 09, 2017
I find it difficult to understand you people's silence after your disengagement without the company paying you off almost two months after. I think you guys are still hoping that they will recall you; they've already concluded moves to engage your replacements. They're counting on your fear gullibility.
They'll continue to owe you until you guys mobilize and shut their offices, drawing unfavorable attention to their abusive practices.
Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by oshe11: 6:05pm On May 22, 2018

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mba At Lagos Business School / Recession: More Nigerians Resort To Dumpsite Scavenging.. / How To Get An Internship With The World Bank?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.