Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,890 members, 7,872,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:22 AM

Christians Read This And Be Informed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Read This And Be Informed (364 Views)

Christians, Read This Again And Again And Again / URGENT! Christians Read: NUCLEAR War (quite A Long Read) / How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christians Read This And Be Informed by nocera(m): 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2017
Preachers are often enticed into exciting areas of debate. There are many social causes that need a champion. There are many political and moral issues that need a spokesman.

The question every spiritual leader must ask is, "Did God call me to champion a social cause? " "Am I supposed to leave the foundational doctrines of the Word and move into "grey" areas? " I call them "grey" areas because it is uncertain whether they are secular topics or spiritual topics. (1TIMOTHY 4:16).

If your call is to stay in the "grey" areas, God will bless you over there. If not, then you have been seduced and enticed by a clever devil. (1 TIMOTHY 4:1).

There's currently an ongoing issue in, especially Nigeria. Unbelievers, so-called Christians and even many spiritually inept Christians now challenge the teachings of the Pentecostal church, and also cast shadows of doubt on the integrity of certain principles in the Bible.

No doubt, every new wave of God's move is preceded by a very bold and audacious attack by the devil to abort God's blessings. I sense a great revival upon the living church. REVELATION 12.1-4.

The issue on the front burners of the news now is being championed by a man or group of like-minded people who have a different or distorted understanding of the benefits and rights accrued to the Levites. I'm talking about the payment of TITHES by Believers.

Firstly, with everything in me I can tell you that paying of tithes is a genuine instruction from God in the Bible and is beneficial to every Christian. Tithes are payed to the Levites in the TEMPLE and not to any begger, poor man, destitute or hungry man. DEUTERONOMY 12:11...although the widows, beggars, the poor or hungry can benefit from it by the hand of the Levites... The Church, according to that verse is the appointed place to gather the tithes and then proceed to take care of the Levites, Temple needs and also the NEEDY mentioned above, (how did the Apostles get the things used to help the widows in ACTS 6:1-3... It's through the tithes).

Any pastor, bishop or general overseer that said tithing is unnecessary is simply seeking mass pity, attention and the cheering of fools. The Old Testament cannot be removed from our Bibles. Even those who say tithing is Old Testament still uses Exodus and Genesis to preach.

Secondly. Every Old Testament scriptures that did not pass the Jesus-test was changed by Jesus.

1. killing of animals for sacrifice Jesus changed it.
2. going to Jerusalem to pray, Jesus said time shall come when you neither go to Jerusalem to pray every where is a sanctified place to worship your God.
3. marrying more than one wife, Jesus changed that too.
4. not literally working on the sabbath day, Jesus changed that too.
5. an eye for an eye blood for blood Jesus changed that too.
6. and many of such doctrine or the so called Old Testament, Jesus verbally spoke against it and his direct apostles then.

But the matter of tithes was not condemned by Jesus, and mind you He never spoke against it not because it escaped his memory but because that order still remains VALID in the kingdom of God. LUKE 18:12...MATTHEW 23:23. Similarly, LUKE 11:42.

As writing very impressive and lengthy essays is not my writing style, I will tag this as PART 1 of this information. I will give you more Biblical verses and details to backup my claims in my subsequent post. Shalom.

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / He Knows All Your Needs. / Kwara Mayhem: CAN Accuses Muslims Of Attacking Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.