Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,918 members, 7,890,037 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:08 AM

PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West (49245 Views)

Fight Over Consensus Candidate Delays PDP Convention For 8 Hours and Counting / Tunde Adeniran Rejects Outcome Of PDP Convention, Calls BOT To Take Over Party / Jerry Gana And Tunde Adeniran Visit Babangida & Jonathan Over PDP Chairmanship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by castrol180(m): 8:37pm On Dec 09, 2017
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by Charly68: 8:37pm On Dec 09, 2017
I would have preferred Olabode George in that position than this German professor ...Politics is not about thesis supervision ,it is about influence & Clouts ,the Baba looks too simple to handle groups like : Rivers group,Bayelsa group,Unity group,national group or Governors group ..These groups are too stubborn politically

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by GavelSlam: 8:37pm On Dec 09, 2017
Why is PDP maltreating Olisa Metuh at the convention?
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by emmanuelpopson(m): 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2017
good decision for the SW PDP to have a consensus...
APC needs a strong Opposition to sit tight and perform...
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by enemyofprogress: 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2017
No fashion weapon against me shall prosper
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by enemyofprogress: 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2017
GavelSlam:
Why is PDP maltreating Olisa Metuh at the convention?
because he is no longer making retuns

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by 0806436bnj(m): 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2017
Too late for SW

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by Earthquake1: 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2017
Charly68:
I would have preferred Olabode George in that position than this German professor ...Politics is not about thesis supervision ,it is about influence & Clouts ,the Baba looks too simple to handle groups like : Rivers group,Bayelsa group,Unity group,national group or Governors group ..These groups are too stubborn politically

He has not won oga grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by jollymizzle(m): 8:40pm On Dec 09, 2017
no be small people dey view this thread o

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by 0806436bnj(m): 8:40pm On Dec 09, 2017
Too late for SW decision

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by callbackaugust6(m): 8:40pm On Dec 09, 2017
Am highly impress on this move by SW it will alter the game plan of SS.Bravo

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by castrol180(m): 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2017
TheHistorian:
Useless Party!

Let a SW'ener win and completely obliterate whatever life that remains within the Party.

...as a writer and historian, you are not suppose to be mean nor take side.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by Swaggzkid: 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2017
TheHistorian:
Useless Party!

Let a SW'ener win and completely obliterate whatever life that remains within the Party.
And prepare to cover your head in shame come 2019
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by Arysexy(m): 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2017
Na now day break? Secondus don win. Medicine after death.

Selfish SW politicians.

I don't trust all these yoloba PDP members, they can sell the party to APC like Ali modu sheriff wanted to do. Trust them, they will call it sophistication!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by onatisi(m): 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2017
Adeniran na ibb candidate
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by Alariiwo: 8:44pm On Dec 09, 2017
Should the man win.. it's game over for Wike and SE.

Northerners will likely settle for him over Secondus.. Politics 101

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by Bimpe29: 8:44pm On Dec 09, 2017
I support his candidature. Prof Tunde Adeniran is better than the rest of south western candidates, in my opinion.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 09, 2017
This is real politics at play.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by Boyooosa(m): 8:46pm On Dec 09, 2017
Old cargos things in our nation sha, our leaders won't learn
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:46pm On Dec 09, 2017
Lets see ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by Alariiwo: 8:48pm On Dec 09, 2017
onatisi:

Then it's safe to assume a winner has emerged.

SW can't be swept aside in any political party. Northern PDP big wigs understands this.

I'm sure they begged those SW aspirants to reach that consensus cos they don't trust Wike and Fayose.

I go laff Atikuchukwu e-rats tire when the winner is announced.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by Wallade(m): 8:49pm On Dec 09, 2017
Nice one there
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by Dannyset(m): 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2017
DMerciful:
Best interest for PDP to have a SW chairman. The will everly get block vote from SS & SE, get 50% vote from SW, get 60% vote from NE and get 50% from NC then its goodbye to the Duara man
Mr Jega
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by PHILipu1(m): 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2017
DMerciful:
Best interest for PDP to have a SW chairman. The will everly get block vote from SS & SE, get 50% vote from SW, get 60% vote from NE and get 50% from NC then its goodbye to the Duara man
Very easy to write i guess but the gospel truth is that APC and PDP will even share south-east votes 50/50 come 2019.
Anambra election should tell you what to expect come 2019.

PDP no longer have the army,police,dss,inec to rig south like in previous elections.

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by Agbeni33: 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2017
We are watching. ..
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2017
IbadanInsider:

Hours before voting gets underway at the convention of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, the leaders of the party in the South-West have forged a common front with the adoption of Professor Tunde Adeniran as the consensus candidate for the zone.

The decision to present Adeniran, who is a former Ambassador to Germany, was taken at a meeting of the leaders from the zone convened by a former governor of Oyo State, Senator Rashidi Ladoja and held till the early hours of Saturday in Abuja.

A communiqué issued at the end of the meeting and signed by Ladoja said: “From consultations with stakeholders from various zones, we gathered that from all zones, the stakeholders who prefer to back the South-West zone for the position suggested that we should prune down the number, if possible, to one person.

“To reciprocate this laudable gestures, meetings of the seven (7) aspirants were held with Senator Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja as the convener on Wednesday 6, Thursday 7, Friday 8 and Saturday 9, December with the sole aim of agreeing on a consensus candidate.

“We all agreed that the chances of one person winning are better than those of seven people who are likely to divide the votes coming to the zone.

“Since then, Mr Jimi Agbaje, Chief Olabode George, Senator Rashidi Ladoja and Mr Olusegun Aderemi have withdrawn from the race.

“Accordingly, I am of the opinion that Professor Tunde Adeniran should become our consensus candidate for the South-West zone.

“I am hereby appealing to all lovers of the South-West zone to support the candidature of Professor Tunde Adeniran to clinch the position of the national chairman of our great party, PDP,” Ladoja said

Source: https://www.ibadaninsider.com/politics/ladoja-adedoja-other-south-west-pdp-leaders-adopt-adeniran-as-consensus-candidate/
Afonjas are now denying APC stylishly grin grin
thought they said PDP is d party of d "children of hate" grin
ewedu politics is DOA

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by k2112: 8:58pm On Dec 09, 2017
onatisi:

Atiku's candidate. Heard of him for the first time last weekend when I had a chat with my friend that is part of Atiku's campaign. When I asked him who Atiku wants as PDP chairman, he said, 'Prof Tunde Adeniran'.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by jrusky(m): 9:00pm On Dec 09, 2017
Arysexy:
Na now day break? Secondus don win. Medicine after death.

Selfish SW politicians.

I don't trust all these yoloba PDP members, they can sell the party to APC like Ali modu sheriff wanted to do. Trust them, they will call it sophistication!

You better go and sleep if your brain is lagging ok.

So Ken Nnamani and his group of betrayals are SW or the Imolite and the like of Amaechi gangs that disgraced pdp and opted for apc are from SW? Name one single serious SW bigwig politician that dumped pdp for apc pls name just 3?

Pdp should be grateful to fayose a SW because if not for him pdp would have died long ago with the way apc want to kill the party by all means and name one SE or Northerner that challenge apc so fiercely and fearlessly like fayose just name one?

Mr man go and sleep you are missing a lot of point, getting irrelevant and making no sense with your tribal nasty bigot.

The biggest political betrayal in during gej were his people from SS and few SE apc was totally SW project so they invest in their project and got the answer either good or bad it does not count in as much they got the job done.

Pls get life and stop tribal madness.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: Tunde Adeniran Is Consensus Candidate For South-West by Abeyjide: 9:00pm On Dec 09, 2017
Wike don suffer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dagogo: “Thunder Fire You And Ultimatum”, Wike Tells Ijaw Groups In Church / Shettima Smiles As He Welcomes Bola Tinubu / Wike And His Wife Kissing At 56th NBA Annual Conference (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.