Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,117 members, 7,973,751 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 05:08 AM

Countering Daddy Freeze’s Position On Speaking In Tongues With Bible References - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Countering Daddy Freeze’s Position On Speaking In Tongues With Bible References (753 Views)

Kanye West 'Jesus Is King' Is Packed With Bible Verses & Praises To God / Pastor E.A Adeboye's Prophecy For 2019 And His Use Of Bible References / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Countering Daddy Freeze’s Position On Speaking In Tongues With Bible References by Godwritten: 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2017
First of all, let me start by saying that the purpose of this write-up is for learning, and has no intention of attacking anybody. While I have [/b]learned a lot from Freeze on matters relating to tithe and offerings, I have to say that he missed some points on his positions on Speaking in Tongues- http://www.torimill.com/2017/12/in-tongues-in-nigerian-churches-is-fake.html. Let’s look at them out.

Position 1: “Speaking in tongues in Nigeria Pentecostal churches is fake but speaking in tongue is not fake. I don’t believe this claim. Just like anything genuine, there is counterfeit. When you come to God’s gifts, the Devil tries to sneak in adulterated versions to confused people. I agree that there are fake tongues, but not all speaking in tongues in churches are fake(1 Cor. 14:18).The Bible didn’t give us any parameter of dictating fake tongues but those led by the spirit of God would certainly be aware of the devices of the Devil (Eph.6:11-12).
[b]
Position 2:
“When speaking in tongues, you should speak in languages not in tongues that no one can understand.” This is not true. There are two categories of tongues- 1) the language of angels and 2) the language of men. The Holy Spirit gives utterances on what to speak. Therefore, He may lead you to speak the language of angels(1Cor.13:1) which no man understands or language of men which can be understood by people of different nations(Acts 2:6-11). It’s not every time tongues must be heard. The Bible specifically confirmed this: "For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: FOR NO MAN UNDERSTANDETH HIM; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries." (1cor.14:2)

Position 3: "1Cor 14:26-28; someone must interpret tongues…There is no speaking in tongues without an interpreter" Yes, it is important that somebody must interpret tongues, but where there’s no interpreter doesn’t make the tongues fake. Interpretation of tongues is a different gift like speaking in tongues itself. That’s why the Bible says “For this reason, the one who speaks in a tongue should pray that they may interpret what they say.” (1 Cor. 14:13). “…If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church AND SPEAK TO HIMSELF AND TO GOD.”(1 Cor. 14:27-28). Hence, you can still speak in tongues UNTO GOD even when you are not yet able to interpret it. I agree that believers should pray for interpretation because TONGUES+INTERPRETATION=PROPHECY- “… THE ONE WHO PROPHESIES IS GREATER THAN THE ONE WHO SPEAKS IN TONGUES, UNLESS SOMEONE INTERPRETS, so that the church may be edified." (1 Cor. 14:5)

Position 4: "1Cor 14:23 is what pastors used to confuse you, they tell you tongues is an unknown language which carnal mind cannot understand." It’s not about pastors confusing their followers this time. The Bible made us understand that you should have the gift of interpretation before you can make the meaning known. This is more so when the Holy Spirit gives you the utterance to speak the language of angels. (1 Cor.13:1; 1 Cor. 14:2)

Point 5: “Everyone speaking in tongues in the church is false because it is a gift that everyone does not receive.”Again this is not true. God gives His gifts to everybody that can be taken them by faith. The Bible says: "AND THESE SIGNS SHALL FOLLOW THEM THAT BELIEVE; In my name shall they cast out devils; THEY SHALL SPEAK WITH NEW TONGUES...."(Mk 16:17). God wants you to believe and take it by faith. Therefore, speaking in tongues is for ALL BELIEVERS NOT SOME OR FEW. Paul also confirmed this "I would like EVERY ONE OF YOU TO SPEAK IN TONGUES, but I would rather have you prophesy." (1cor.14:5).Also see Acts 19:1-6; 8:14-17. The Bible advised believers to ALWAYS PRAY IN THE SPIRIT WHICH IS PRAYING IN TONGUES-Phil.6:18; Jude 20.

Thanks as we keep on growing in the knowledge of God.

Godwritten.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Countering Daddy Freeze’s Position On Speaking In Tongues With Bible References by dynamix101(m): 6:26pm On Dec 09, 2017
Dis daddy freeze. I dey look am. He has finished tithes and has entered the domain of the Holy Ghost who doesnt forgive blasphemy against Himself.

This is always the problem when someone brings up a controversy against biblical teachings and has a large following. Now the devil is setting him up for destruction. I pity him cos he doesnt seem to believe hell is real.

To his followers and supporters beware; whoever strenghtens the hand of the wicked will join in d judgement.

(1) (Reply)

The Real Name Of God / Breaking News: 34 Roman Catholic Priests Resign At Once! / Video: Special Message To Our Muslim Brothers& Sisters Of Black Origin Worldwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.