Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,817 members, 7,918,633 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 01:03 PM

Doctors In The House Please Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors In The House Please Help (732 Views)

Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria / FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service / Sick Man Dies After Being Delayed By Striking Doctors In Imo State. Graphic PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors In The House Please Help by faizy90: 9:11pm On Dec 09, 2017
Went for scan cos I was having Pelvic pain and PID was seen so the doctor prescribe Doxycycline for me. But since I've started taking the medication I notice pains in my breast, I actually tot it will stop but it's been there for almost 5days now. Am not pregnant and my period is till 19.

What could have been the cause of this pain??
Re: Doctors In The House Please Help by Prec1ous(m): 9:34pm On Dec 09, 2017
The umbrella word is SIDE EFFECTS.

I guess you are having breastfeeding tenderness. Take that complaint to the doctor and not Nairaland
Re: Doctors In The House Please Help by faizy90: 9:41pm On Dec 09, 2017
Yes. That's the feeling, thanks anyway. If I have access to a doctor I won't be here asking
Re: Doctors In The House Please Help by otusnora(f): 9:53pm On Dec 09, 2017
doxycycline n breast tenderness...? Well the best option is to c ur dr. Maybe u re having PMS.
Re: Doctors In The House Please Help by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 10, 2017
faizy90:
Went for scan cos I was having Pelvic pain and PID was seen so the doctor prescribe Doxycycline for me. But since I've started taking the medication I notice pains in my breast, I actually tot it will stop but it's been there for almost 5days now. Am not pregnant and my period is till 19.

What could have been the cause of this pain??
If I should say, doxycycline has nothing to do with the breast ttenderness you feel, as that is not a known side effect. To understand the cause of the ttenderness you feel, is it in one or both breasts?
Re: Doctors In The House Please Help by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 10, 2017
otusnora:
doxycycline n breast tenderness...? Well the best option is to c ur dr. Maybe u re having PMS.
You may be right but if her expected menses is on the 19th, its unusual for PMS to start more than a week before the expected menses.
Re: Doctors In The House Please Help by otusnora(f): 11:45am On Dec 10, 2017
EsotericMonk:

You may be right but if her expected menses is on the 19th, its unusual for PMS to start more than a week before the expected menses.
it happens to me at times, having very early PMS.
Re: Doctors In The House Please Help by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 10, 2017
otusnora:
it happens to me at times, having very early PMS.
Owk ma, the human system is variable.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors In The House Please Help by faizy90: 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
EsotericMonk:

If I should say, doxycycline has nothing to do with the breast ttenderness you feel, as that is not a known side effect. To understand the cause of the ttenderness you feel, is it in one or both breasts?

Both. It's full and painful like one breast feeding
Re: Doctors In The House Please Help by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 10, 2017
faizy90:

Both. It's full and painful like one breast feeding
Have you tried to express it? Does any kinda fluid come out of the nipple?
It may be as simple as PreMenstrual Syndrome (hopefully).
Take some painkillers, and if still troublesome, visit the hospital.
Re: Doctors In The House Please Help by faizy90: 9:48pm On Dec 10, 2017
No fluid comes out when I try pressing it. I don't usually get PMS since I entered mid 20. Thought may be I was pregnant but the test shows negative. I just hope it's not something serious. Thanks for your time
Re: Doctors In The House Please Help by babyt66: 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2017
Use gynapharm
Watsapp me on 08032493281

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Based In UK Mysteriously Runs Mad After Arriving Nigeria For Xmas / If You See Cracks In Your Watermelon, Throw It Away! Here’s Why: / 5 Signs You Could Be Low In Vitamin D, You Won’t Believe No 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.