Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,544 members, 7,885,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:26 AM

7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis (19682 Views)

Vatican Banishes Archbishop Who Branded Pope Francis Servant Of Satan / Tithing Controversy: Nigerian Pastors Speak / Beautiful Wives Of Nigerian Pastors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis by farem: 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2017
tstx:

http://listwand.com/2017/11/7-things-our-nigerian-pastors-can-learn-from-pope-francis/

8. Some Nigerians pastors can't/wont learn from Pope NOT TO ANNOUNCE AT EVERY MEDIA EVENT THAT JESUS DIED AND RESURRECTED FOR THE SINS OF THE MANKIND AND THAT . THAT THEY SHOULD REPENT NOW OR ELSE HELL FIRE WILL BE THEIR LOTS!

Tell me where and when Pope ever said this and I will believe his religious (whorish) posture
Re: 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis by felixomor: 4:43pm On Dec 10, 2017
Jomark:

Also know that Vatican is an independent country of its own that Carter for security and well being of its citizens. Who does your daddy Go Carter for or provide for in terms of security and amenities?
A country of population of 500 people
Keep deceiving yourself
Re: 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis by Donjazzy12(m): 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2017
merahki:

Darling, do you mean this, or at you just trying to win an argument? shocked embarassed shocked

The greatest act of love-
Love your neighbor as yourself
Live, and let live
Treat others as you would have them treat you
Do not judge ...and etc

Certainly not that thing you put up there
Cheers
No you don't get it at all. Loving your Neigbhor does not mean not telling them the truth. You are completely wrong.

Telling someone that the Bible does not support your lifestyle is not hate my dear. The Bible is the Christians constitution.
Re: 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis by Donjazzy12(m): 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2017
Jomark:

Will shut that trap of yours. He admonishes up not to condemn them but pray for them. In his words: "who am I to condemn them"? . Don't say what you don't know
That is how simpletons like you are easily decieved
Re: 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis by GoldenWhyte(f): 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2017
that church in Guzape Hills?

Scanfrost:
I went to a church in asokoro Abuja I won't mention the name!! The pastor was talking about the shoe he got for some thousands of dollars and I was in d congregation!! And I said to myself God am in d wrong place!!! I fear for Nigerian churches!! Most Nigerians think pastors would solve their problems but believe me if you humbly pray, fast, worship him without even going to church!! Once in every month take money, food to the less privileged!! You r good!! This pastors are very rich!! But because they put fear in you!! You most always believe what they say!! I see them as motivational speakers!! undecided undecided
Re: 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis by koladebrainiac(m): 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2017
[color=#000000][/color]
felixomor:

U mean vatican?
Or Catholic church?

Which one?
Vatican
Re: 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis by felixomor: 6:00pm On Dec 10, 2017
koladebrainiac:
[color=#000000][/color] Vatican
Not correct
Vatican budget is different from Catholic church
Re: 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis by Dsov2016: 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2017
felixomor:

Dont mix up budget of Catholic church with Vatican

dude stop arguing with biased facts. since you want facts oya take this one and chop

Economy - overview:
The Holy See is supported financially by a variety of sources, including investments, real estate income, and donations from Catholic individuals, dioceses, and institutions; these help fund the Roman Curia (Vatican bureaucracy), diplomatic missions, and media outlets. Moreover, an annual collection taken up in dioceses and from direct donations go to a non-budgetary fund, known as Peter's Pence, which is used directly by the pope for charity, disaster relief, and aid to churches in developing nations. Donations increased between 2010 and 2011.The separate Vatican City State budget includes the Vatican museums and post office and is supported financially by the sale of stamps, coins, medals, and tourist mementos; by fees for admission to museums; and by publication sales. Its revenues increased between 2010 and 2011 because of expanded opening hours and a growing number of visitors. However, the Holy See has not escaped the financial difficulties engulfing other European countries; in 2012, it started a spending review to determine where to cut costs to reverse its 2011 budget deficit of $20 million. The Holy See generated a modest surplus in 2012 before recording a $32 million deficit in 2013, driven primarily by the decreasing value of gold. Most public expenditures go to wages and other personnel costs; the incomes and living standards of lay workers are comparable to those of counterparts who work in the city of Rome. In February 2014, Pope FRANCIS created the Secretariat of the Economy to oversee financial and administrative operations of the Holy See, part of a broader campaign to reform the Holy See’s finances.
Re: 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis by Princewell2012(m): 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2017
profolaolu:
Why do MOD normally push rubbish and controversial thread about Christianity to the front-page when they can never try it with Islam or muslims

I didn't see any rubbish in this thread. Am a Christian, i was ordain as an evangelist. What this poster said is nothing but the truth. Matthew 5: said blessed are those persecuted for righteousness sake for theirs is the kingdom of God. Are you being persecuted for righteousness sake

The characters that Pope has exbited here is , was actually practice by Jesus doing his earthly ministry. And he expected us to do the same especially as believers.

Jesus is the most humble person on earth, you knows what am talking about.

Believe me in every rumour there is elements of truth. Our general overseers are to proud for my liking.

The truth of the matter is this. We Christian were not even allowed to condemn or criticised, we have a way of correcting ourself with love gala 6 vs 1. But mattew 5;13- 14 says we are the light of the world and the salt of the earth. So sir when this failed to happen the world mourn, criticise and complain. You cannot shut them up. The bible says to whom much is given much is expected. What me and you needs to do in the means of this criticism is to checkmate and examine urself if we are truly on that track or have fallen off our different ways. To me this is also humility.

Now let me use our politicians for an example. They come with alots of promises but when they get there they forget about the people and begin to fend for themselves. The populace will surely complain and gnash their tooth. When you try to shut them down, and intimate them for speaking out you re indirectly turning them as slave. That's what happen to the Israelites when they were still in Egypt.

Before i stop let me leave you with these words. Whatever you do people will talk weather you do good or bad. But make sure you re doing the right thing and let God be the Judge. Remember they also talks about Jesus. But today his name is reigning everyday both in earth and in heaven. God have a way of fighting and magnifying himself.

You can not fight for him.

Muslims fight for their God while God fight for the Christians.

Happy Sunday and merry Christmas in advance. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis by felixomor: 7:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
Dsov2016:

dude stop arguing with biased facts. since you want facts oya take this one and chop

Economy - overview:
[s]The Holy See is supported financially by a variety of sources, including investments, real estate income, and donations from Catholic individuals, dioceses, and institutions; these help fund the Roman Curia (Vatican bureaucracy), diplomatic missions, and media outlets. Moreover, an annual collection taken up in dioceses and from direct donations go to a non-budgetary fund, known as Peter's Pence, which is used directly by the pope for charity, disaster relief, and aid to churches in developing nations. Donations increased between 2010 and 2011.The separate Vatican City State budget includes the Vatican museums and post office and is supported financially by the sale of stamps, coins, medals, and tourist mementos; by fees for admission to museums; and by publication sales. Its revenues increased between 2010 and 2011 because of expanded opening hours and a growing number of visitors. However, the Holy See has not escaped the financial difficulties engulfing other European countries; in 2012, it started a spending review to determine where to cut costs to reverse its 2011 budget deficit of $20 million. The Holy See generated a modest surplus in 2012 before recording a $32 million deficit in 2013, driven primarily by the decreasing value of gold. Most public expenditures go to wages and other personnel costs; the incomes and living standards of lay workers are comparable to those of counterparts who work in the city of Rome. In February 2014, Pope FRANCIS created the Secretariat of the Economy to oversee financial and administrative operations of the Holy See, part of a broader campaign to reform the Holy See’s finances.[/s]
smh
this doesnt change anything said earlier.
not one
Re: 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis by onyejack(m): 8:47pm On Dec 10, 2017
And forget not to let the right hand know what the left hand give
Re: 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:55pm On Dec 10, 2017
I pray our pastors learn this.
Re: 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis by tstx(m): 7:55pm On Dec 13, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
I pray our pastors learn this.
They wont..#sadFact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Biafra: Stop Talking About War - Adeboye / Nigerian Captives In Libya Beg Oyedepo And Adeboye To Come And Rescue Them / I Saw Jehovah's Witnesses Founder Charles T. Russell In Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.