Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,329 members, 7,888,054 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:22 PM

Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed (39254 Views)

Vatican Banishes Archbishop Who Branded Pope Francis Servant Of Satan / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married / Pope Francis Kisses And Blesses Nigerian Boy Who Went Missing In Rome. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by livebullet(m): 8:04am On Dec 23, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
I would send you a message tomorrow.

i am yet to see your message
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by MasterOfCoin(m): 1:24pm On Dec 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The Antichrist will come from the Catholic church.
How will anyone want to rewrite or give value to the words of Jesus Christ?

The pope can brainwash his Catholics,
But he should not try it with me if not I'd use a bible to smash his head.
My brother I get your point but he is making a point there? The current prayer version is accusing God of being responsible for temptations.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 06, 2018
Chron1cle:

In bide to sound intelligent, you ended up shooting yourself in the foot. Between you and the people you're correcting, who lacks comprehension skill?
How does what you just asserted directly equate to the apt interpretation of what is contained in the original post?

Your school fees was a was of money.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 09, 2018
joey150:

some of you amaze me!!
that phrase was refereeing to the book Revelation and not the bible.
because then the bible didn't even exist.

common sense.
Is Revelation No More Part Of The Bible?
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 09, 2018
genuinechimere:
your argument in this case is out of place. Nobody is taking away anything or adding anything to the scriptures. It is about translation. That's why you have different translations of the Bible.
Except Your Own Definition Of 'change' Is Different.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Aaronsrod: 6:57pm On Apr 09, 2018
"Give us this day our daily blade
And forgive us all our killings
As we forgive them
Whose blood we have shed.
In Jesus name.
Amen."

This is our true prayer.

Our Lord lives in Africa.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by joey150(m): 6:57pm On Apr 09, 2018
klap4gbens:
Is Revelation No More Part Of The Bible?

So when the book of revelation was written, the whole bible existed?

Common sense!!
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
joey150:

So when the book of revelation was written, the whole bible existed?

Common sense!!
Mr Common Sense, Read Deut 4 V 2 And 12 V 32. Are These Passages Also Talking About The Book Of Revelation?
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by joey150(m): 10:25pm On Apr 09, 2018
klap4gbens:
Mr Common Sense, Read Deut 4 V 2 And 12 V 32. Are These Passages Also Talking About The Book Of Revelation?
Mr that cannot use common sense.

The bible is only a collection of books. So whatever a chapter says is relating specifically to that chapter in the book and not to the bible in general. Simply because it did not exist when those individual chapters were written at first.

If you still do not understand then read again and again till you do
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 10, 2018
joey150:

Mr that cannot use common sense.

The bible is only a collection of books. So whatever a chapter says is relating specifically to that chapter in the book and not to the bible in general. Simply because it did not exist when those individual chapters were written at first.

If you still do not understand then read again and again till you do
The Whole Bible Is The Word Of God. That It's Part Were Writen At Diffent Times By Diff Authors Does Not Make One Independent Of The Other. If Two Diff Books Say You Must Not Add Or Subtract From Them, Which Are Parts Of The Bible, Do We Now Have The Liberty To Tamper With Others Simply Because The Same Words Were Not Repeated In Them? Good Morning.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by joey150(m): 8:50am On Apr 10, 2018
klap4gbens:
The Whole Bible Is The Word Of God. That It's Part Were Writen At Diffent Times By Diff Authors Does Not Make One Independent Of The Other. If Two Diff Books Say You Must Not Add Or Subtract From Them, Which Are Parts Of The Bible, Do We Now Have The Liberty To Tamper With Others Simply Because The Same Words Were Not Repeated In Them? Good Morning.

How hard could this be?

Okay let me start from asking you this question, who compiled the bible? When and how?
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2018
joey150:

How hard could this be?

Okay let me start from asking you this question, who compiled the bible? When and how?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do I Restart My Battle Over The Use Of Prostitutes After Series Of Relapse? / Ebuka Obi Zion Ministry Allegedly Buys Property Of Mountain Of Fire In Lagos / Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.