Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,145 members, 7,880,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (939964 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 11:22pm On Dec 15, 2017
RedRom9:
Greetings everyone.. My new I-20 for Spring 2018 has a different SEVIS ID to the one got for Fall 2017 because I defered my admission. I have paid SEVIS fee before now. Do I need to pay again for this new I-20... Please I need an urgent response please

Have you gotten your visa already? If no, visit www.fmjfee.com, click on 'transfer I901 payment' and transfer your $200 payment from the old number to the current number that you have. It usually takes less than 48 hours to be transferred and the payment is valid for 1 year. Then reprint your new SEVIS fee receipt for your visa interview.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 11:25pm On Dec 15, 2017
Beolaz:
Hello house, I booked an interview for US student visa the next available date I was giving was after the school resumption. I have made the booking already and picked a date after my resumption date. I help on this issue because am really confuse and I can't applied for emergency interview cos have been denied of resent. This is my number 07064393098 I need help from this house.

To be honest, it doesn't hurt to try requesting the ED. Who knows, they may approve it. Worst case scenario, they deny it. Upload your I20 and SEVIS fee receipt. In the box, explain that you are requesting an ED to enable you attend a visa date that your school resumes on x/y/2018 and your current date is a/b/2018, which falls after your school resumption date. Try it, who knows, they may approve it.

Do let me know if you are approved. I know someone who is in your situation right now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 11:28pm On Dec 15, 2017
KelechiNwachukw:
Due to the late arrival of my I-20 and renewing my passport which was about to expire, I could not schedule an earlier visa interview.
I requested an emergency date to enable me meet up with my start of classes. I recently received a response from saying my request for an Emergency appointment was approved but as i logged into my US service account the earliest date i saw i was able to reschedule my appointment was on the 8th of January but classes start on the 3rd of January.

Did you upload your I20 (showing your program start date)?

If yes, don't select the Jan 8 date yet. Keep revisiting the website to see if they open up an earlier date for you. You have 1 week from when the request was granted to reschedule to a date opened up for you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 11:30pm On Dec 15, 2017
brightdocare:
Am 28 years with OND, applying for bachelor degree..will my age really be an issue?urgent respond please...thanks

Your age could be a possible problem. Normally, the VOs do not like approving visas for UG students who are over 22/23 and moreso if you've been away from the educational system for too long, then how would you cope academically in a more tedious US school if you arrive? Chances are very low but not impossible. I've once seen a guy of 30 years approved of his visa (he has a very likable personality. He has this infectious personality. Maybe this helped him during his interview) for UG studies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 11:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
firmphem:
Visa delayed this morning 7:00am
Me: good morning
VO: good morning how are u? Ur I20 and passport pls?
Me: passed them
VO: what are you going to study
Me: Electrical Engineering and I ll be concentrating on wireless communication
VO: why do u want to study this course?
ME: it has been my passion right from childhood, every of my. Academic pursuit has been around this same course. We ave so many network problems in Nigeria and I believe an advanced degree in it will arm me with great skill set to combat most of them
VO: how many countries have you been to outside Nigeria
Me: Benin republic for a road trip
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: My dad
VO: what does he do?
Me: He is an electrical engineer that gets contracts from govt at all levels private individuals on both domestic and industrial electrification
VO: do u ave his account statement?
Me: yes,....passed
VO: ( took a very long and calculative look at the SOA. Left his seat for like 5mins with it and my passport. Came back, typed for a while and handed me that devilish paper
Fact: my background, Electrical.
Six years work experience at a transmission engineer with a telecom coy
Account amount: 15M
Amount on d I20: 9M

House pls advise

I think that your issue comes from the fact that you are 33 and working, yet your dad is sponsoring your trip abroad. Changing sponsorship to mostly yourself (especially if you have a good job/high salary earner), with some support from your father would be better.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 11:36pm On Dec 15, 2017
temi4fash:
Hello All,

I want my former Boss to recommend me for my application, but he is saying he cannot use his companies letter head for me.

If i wouldnt mind for him to do the recommendation without the letter head, we are go to go.

I want to ask if it would be an issue for me during my application.

Thanks

EZEIGBO1OFIMO
biikeys
Bigfrancis21
Twoods
Lagosismyhome

Letter head or no letter head, it doesn't really matter. If he decides not to use it, there's no problem. Upload whatever letter that he writes up for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ability247(m): 12:48am On Dec 16, 2017
firmphem:
Thank you so much for this response. There is no sudden lumpsum in there. I ll knock again for fall. I ll start early prep. Thank u bro. Can I PM you pls?

My brother, pm doesn't really work for me. I am ready to help anyone with my time and little knowledge, but most times I get the email saying someone sent me a pm and I send a message back to the person then somehow, it gets lost in transit or something. That magic don dey bore me. If u ask here, I will answer. In addition, those wey sabi pass me will also chip in, so your blessing becomes double double wink

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ability247(m): 12:57am On Dec 16, 2017
k199192:

This line got me laughing for real. Working overtime. And I am coming to minnesota, I learnt temperature goes as low as -10 degrees Celsius.
Na die o.

Lol. My brother cover well o. If a wind accompanies that -10, you could be looking at -20. Just buy a good warm cloth. You'll be fine.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ability247(m): 1:05am On Dec 16, 2017
Damilare5882:

M scared already.. you making it sound as if it's hell fire

MASQUERADE MODE ACTIVATED angry

Lol. Even if I tell u say na hell fire, u go throw away your visa? grin

On a serious note, our people don't usually take this advice seriously. Then they come here and get pneumonia or cold in an organ normal cold has no business with. Then everybody home and same abroad is having high blood over the state of the person's health and the person spends his little money on the "bigman" healthcare system here.

All these can be avoided with just a really thick sweater or two, and not trying to dress like oyibo during your first winter, till your body gets used to the change. Change is never easy, at least APC can swear that much to you.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ability247(m): 1:11am On Dec 16, 2017
brightdocare:
Am 28 years with OND, applying for bachelor degree..will my age really be an issue?urgent respond please...thanks

Nope. But what you have been doing from your ond till now and how your are able to articulate that will make the difference.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ability247(m): 1:21am On Dec 16, 2017
Messibliss207:
bless you on this one. The state I'm going to is -1 today and I'm already having palpitations. I don't like cold at all. I haven't seen where to get good winter clothes here in Lagos. At least the one I'll wear to the states before I can settle and shop for real winter clothes. This scares me ee

Lol. Go to where they sell okirika and tell them you want to buy winter sweater. Or buy 2 good sweaters you can find and be ready to wear both when it comes down to it. I didn't mean to scare anyone, although I don't think any one of u can be scared into not coming again grin grin . My intention was to make new travellers take this seriously. A friend recently recovered from a bad cold case. I know the emotional turmoil the whole thing caused all loved ones, not to mention grave fiscal challenges.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OTUNBACODED: 4:32am On Dec 16, 2017
Boss which side you de because 50 degrees no cold ooo but nice advice to avoid stories that touch, lol

Yankee101:

It's all about layering in winter. Wear something under that hugs your skin, then add thicker layers of clothing that you can easily take off on the plane, during screening at the airport and hot places indoors so you don't pass out.

Wear a thick overcoat, protect your legs with thick trousers, gloves, head covering and muffler for the neck etc.

Any temperatures you see that is 50 F and below is very cold
For example 50 F in C is (9/5 ÷(F-32)) = 10 C. Which is really cold.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Messibliss207(f): 5:55am On Dec 16, 2017
Ability247:

Lol. Go to where they sell okirika and tell them you want to buy winter sweater. Or buy 2 good sweaters you can find and be ready to wear both when it comes down to it. I didn't mean to scare anyone, although I don't think any one of u can be scared into not coming again grin grin . My intention was to make new travellers take this seriously. A friend recently recovered from a bad cold case. I know the emotional turmoil the whole thing caused all loved ones, and the finacial especially his wallet.
lol thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ladson: 6:10am On Dec 16, 2017
Good morning all
please I need your advice,because I am in between two decisions.
Base on future relevance and Job prospects, i would love to know which of the two courses is the best to pursue as Ms in US.
I have HND mechanical engineering- power and plant engineering. My project was development of mathematical model for a mini- robot arm for welding.
I did direct entry into uniben- chemical engineering.
my final year project was Numerical studies of Initial value problem for gluconic acid production using pseudonomas ovali. it's about simulation, numerical analysis application and mathematical modelling.
since my HND days I have developed interest in Energy especially alternative energy sources, my project in uniben has made me to start thinking about simulation,modelling and numerical analysis.
so the two specialization could be :
Doing an MS that focuses on alternative energy sources such as renewable energy source, energy systems.
or
process simulation, numerical analysis and mathematical modelling of complex systems as related to chemical engineering even energy systems inclusive.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by HiredGames(m): 6:34am On Dec 16, 2017
americaninja1:
House please I need urgent help.. I knew nothing about this emergency booking, until now.. somebody told me he is going to do it for me.. He didn't make mention of any fees and he never hinted me dat I will be paying a dime.. but just yesterday morning, he called me dat he was able to get a closer date.. Plus he is telling me to pay 200k, just for d emergency booking, cos I did all d booking myself only dat I could not find a date within my school resumption time.. And now he is threatening me dat he will cancel d appointment if I don't pay up

Go and change your password. Let the opportunist continue barking.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 6:49am On Dec 16, 2017
Please house, my second visa interview was delayed. I really felt bad cos my first visa outing was very okay as even agreed by most members of this forum. But in the second interview, i suddenly went blank trying to explain to the VO why I need a masters (I didn't cram. I just don't know how it happened and afterwards picked up to finish it up after VO encouraged me to calm down and relax. However, he said I couldn't convince him I was a genuine student).

Truth be told. I cried when I got home cry

Am a little bit worried. My school resumes 10th January, 2018 and I don't know what exactly to do as I don't know how to respond in the event of being asked SO WHAT HAS CHANGED? Even scared of the unknown; if am to reapply a third time in SPRING (I fear it may send signals am desperate) or chill till FALL?

I need advise. Do I defer till Fall and get back to work? I also fear deferring till FALL will see me loose my free campus housing and tuition waiver all the same.

I really feel bad getting to miss out this time as I had programmed my studies and hoped it ended 2019 as I was programming to settle down afterwards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 6:51am On Dec 16, 2017
americaninja1:
House please I need urgent help.. I knew nothing about this emergency booking, until now.. somebody told me he is going to do it for me.. He didn't make mention of any fees and he never hinted me dat I will be paying a dime.. but just yesterday morning, he called me dat he was able to get a closer date.. Plus he is telling me to pay 200k, just for d emergency booking, cos I did all d booking myself only dat I could not find a date within my school resumption time.. And now he is threatening me dat he will cancel d appointment if I don't pay up

Change your password... Pepper them gang grin.. You will see how is will turn into a nice begging angel that will even give u SPA treatment just to get small money for recharge card from u grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Eeffy: 7:02am On Dec 16, 2017
righturn:

when was your interview?
That was on 14th of dec
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 16, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Your age could be a possible problem. Normally, the VOs do not like approving visas for UG students who are over 22/23 and moreso if you've been away from the educational system for too long, then how would you cope academically in a more tedious US school if you arrive? Chances are very low but not impossible. I've once seen a guy of 30 years approved of his visa (he has a very likable personality. He has this infectious personality. Maybe this helped him during his interview) for UG studies.

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 16, 2017
Ability247:

Nope. But what you have been doing from your ond till now and how your are able to articulate that will make the difference.

thanks for your responds
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by americaninja1: 7:57am On Dec 16, 2017
femi312:
Ignorance isn't an excuse. That is the price you might have to pay for not booking the emergency date yourself. First, your story is confusing. If you did everything yourself, how did he get your cgi password to book emergency date for you? If you have access to your cgi password, check if he has actually booked the date and if he has, change your password. He didn't pay a dime to book the date for you so the 200k is like, he is about to rip you off for not researching yourself.
I gave him d login details myself.. so he could make d changes.. and he didn't tell me I will pay a dime.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by americaninja1: 7:59am On Dec 16, 2017
Thanks bro..
jerrypeacelinks:

Change your password... Pepper them gang grin.. You will see how is will turn into a nice begging angel that will even give u SPA treatment just to get small money for recharge card from u grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by scaezar: 8:45am On Dec 16, 2017
softamy:
Hi guys, I got my visa approved on Tuesday by the Lady in window 4 @ the Lagos consulate and I promised myself that I will share my transcripts if I am approved . The lady was giving out blue paper like Xmas gift but i tried to stay calm even though I stammered through out the interview. My transcript goes like dis!

Vo: Good morning�

Me: Good morning

Vo: So you are going to what school?

Me: Point Park University in Pennsylvania to study media communication

Vo: So what do you do ATM?

Me: I did my Nysc program which lasted till may this year, after which I started working voluntarily as a public relations assistant for chijitech services.

Vo: what are your roles?

Me: I help the public relations department to organize events such as corporate dinner and press conference for the company. I also draft and distribute contents such as newsletters and bulletin.

Vo: how did you find out about the school

Me: through the Us education fair that was held in Lagos . I was quite impressed with the information that Ppu representatives had to share.

Vo: how many schools did you apply to?

Me: 3 schools, uni of Alabama, west Chester university and point park university.

Vo: there are hundreds of university in the US, how did you narrow your search to these three schools. (Mehn, this question threw me off balance..I wasn't prepared at all for it o..I just said one rubbish)

Me: I chose these schools bcoz the curriculum matches that of my career interests

Vo: (cuts in) what curriculum?

Me: the three schools have school of journalism�, especially point park university that has a school of communication..(I can't believe I said all diz)�

Vosadcuts in) so you chose point park bcoz it has a school of communication?

Me: Oh no..not at all, I chose Ppu bcoz of their center of media innovation center that is set up to provide students the opportunity to practicalise what is being taught to them in the class.

Vo(cuts in again) center of what?(typing vigorously to check the authenticity of what I just said).

Me: media innovation

Vo: What is it about?

Me: it is a 4,000 square foot building that is well equipped with state of the art media facilities like broadcast studio, newsrooms and editorial office.

Vo: ( flips through the pages of my passport, slides the old passport from the new one, keeps the latter in a tray and passes me the old one with my white paper) Your visa has been approved, keep your I-20 as you will need it at the POE.

I frantically grabbed my documents and left before she calls me back for another thing.. no documents was asked and no I didn't take any tests..lol, it could only be God coz I stammered and flopped a lot through out the interview

Note: pls stay away from those scams o..they told me I needed to print coloured copy of the front pages of my old and new passport ..each print out is a thousand naira..and I gave them 2k for both of my passports..I felt like crying wen the officials checking my docs flinged the print out away..pls o stay woke. And I wish all future applicants success!!

God and preparation is key!!!

Congrats..bsc or msc??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by scaezar: 9:47am On Dec 16, 2017
Okay. Ive posted my situation here sometime ago but there was no major response. I feel i should post again cuz interview date is nigh and mans nervous.

First, im 28. And im going for undergraduate BA fine art. I left high school in 2006. I went for bsc in local government administration in 2010, OAU. Finished in 2015. NYSC 2016 till April 2017. Im a full time portrait artist @scaezar on IG. But im selftaught but i want to start from the roots uno. I want to be a fineart student.

Im going to troy university. Gotten admission. Only toefl was needed. Got 91. 6k scholarship because of my WAEC result. Dad is sponsoring and im using his hotel's SOA.

Im not going to ask any question in particular. Can anybody just gimme pointers or advice? What do you think? If you were a VO, what would you think? Would you believe? Am i even asking y'all the right questions? EJHUR, E HELP MI
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Damilare5882(m): 9:52am On Dec 16, 2017
Ability247:

Lol. Even if I tell u say na hell fire, u go throw away your visa? grin

On a serious note, our people don't usually take this advice seriously. Then they come here and get pneumonia or cold in an organ normal cold has no business with. Then everybody home and same abroad is having high blood over the state of the person's health and the person spends his little money on the "bigman" healthcare system here.

All these can be avoided with just a really thick sweater or two, and not trying to dress like oyibo during your first winter, till your body gets used to the change. Change is never easy, at least APC can swear that much to you.
grin grin... Omo Na to dress like masquerade ooo cover every coverable
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulavon: 9:57am On Dec 16, 2017
Pls house just a quick one, I initially scheduled my appointment for 9th January but I noticed 29th December is now available and I intend to reschedule. But the information on the page is quite confusing. I am scared of rescheduling and having to pay another Visa fee.

Schedule Consular Appointment

Applicants for U.S. visas are required to appear in person for a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate. Please schedule an appointment for an interview.
If you cancel this appointment, then you will have exceeded the limit of appointments canceled, and will not be able to schedule another appointment until another MRV fee has been paid.

Your current appointment is scheduled for 01/09/2018 at 06:30
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by skido04: 10:00am On Dec 16, 2017
I took the GRE. got 305 (quant 150, verbal 155). although I scored 155 on power prep 1 and 2 on quant. on Test day I was unlucky cos my area of weakness was basically the only questions I kept on seeing. studied for 2 months but still couldn't figure out these tough geometry questions.

Toefl 105. (R 29. L 28 , S 24, W 24)

Cgpa 3.69/5 BSc computer science.

I'm going for MS information Technology. I don't know if my profile is ok enough to get funding, I ll like any recommendations on schools i can apply with this profile or what my chances are for admission and funding. Thanks. hoping to get a response from u guys.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by alaya40: 10:08am On Dec 16, 2017
Please, my interview is getting closer, I need someone that can help with oral mock interview. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Remily(m): 10:19am On Dec 16, 2017
Bro. please I need ask you some questions, can I message you personnaly
smartmachine:
visa granted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Messibliss207(f): 10:24am On Dec 16, 2017
scaezar:
Okay. Ive posted my situation here sometime ago but there was no major response. I feel i should post again cuz interview date is nigh and mans nervous.

First, im 28. And im going for undergraduate BA fine art. I left high school in 2006. I went for bsc in local government administration in 2010, OAU. Finished in 2015. NYSC 2016 till April 2017. Im a full time portrait artist @scaezar on IG. But im selftaught but i want to start from the roots uno. I want to be a fineart student.

Im going to troy university. Gotten admission. Only toefl was needed. Got 91. 6k scholarship because of my WAEC result. Dad is sponsoring and im using his hotel's SOA.

Im not going to ask any question in particular. Can anybody just gimme pointers or advice? What do you think? If you were a VO, what would you think? Would you believe? Am i even asking y'all the right questions? EJHUR, E HELP MI
the artiste himself! That wants to win our money on BOM. just go confidently and don't go with the hotel SOA. use your dad's personal SOA. I went for a second bachelor's degree and I got approval. You can do that too.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Wolexy1212(m): 10:34am On Dec 16, 2017
scaezar:

The Scaezar I know is a brilliant and hardworking fine artist�. Sadly, the VO doesn't know this and you would need to engage in a convincing discussion why/what
1) you didn't pursue this degree in a Nigerian uni
2) this degree would offer you
3) you're going for another undergraduate degree
4) aren't you going for masters degree that relates to your last degree.
Answer all these questions and assess them if they're convincing enough to earn you your visa. I wish you good luck and God's favor.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tomshach(m): 11:10am On Dec 16, 2017
Morning House. Have being a quite follower of this forum since I was encourage to apply for American schools by my friend BigFrancis21 who has been a brother right from our undergraduate days at UNN.
My First Visa outing was on the 27th of Nov 2017 which ended with a delay for no reason. My transcript goes like this

Vo: why are you going to the US?
Me: am going for my master in cyber security. Then Vo cut in and said but your i20 says engineering
Me: yeah is a program in college of engineering. He now noded
Vo: how did you know abt d sch?
Me: I catalogue using google search engine and academic website such as Princeton review and usnews. Then I streamline my search to sch with teaching and research concentration in cyber security. Then I further narrow it down to umd cos it meets my ambition and goal in cyber security.
Vo: have you traveled out b4?
Me: no, I have never had reason to travel out before.
Vo: are you married?
Me: no am not married.
Vo: what will you be doing after this course
Me: I intend to return to Nigeria, use the knowledge and skilled acquired work for 5yrs the start up my own private cyber security firm. Always have dream of consulting for organizations and our security outfit in terms of cybersecurity
Vo: who is paying
Me: my elder brother,
Vo: what does he do
Me: he is the md/CEO of XYZ maritime services ltd. The company is into shipping, marine and logistic services. He then type for a while and said sorry we can't issue you visa this time around.
I was so devastated because I no I gave the preparation process my best shot.
I was like to hell with them am moving on but my friend encourage me that I should reapply. Which I did and am glad I did.
Fast forward to my new interview day which is 12th of December 2017 I try to modified my response trying to establish more home tie as their form 214b says.
This time around my visa was approve by the same VO who interviewed me last. I was told that you can't be interview by the same vo that denied you but in my case that protocol was broken. Fast forward to the interview, the protocol officer assigned me to window 1. Which was the window were the guy is though the previous interview he was in window 6. I objected I told the protocol guy am not going to that window and he asked why and I told he that vo was the guy that denied me visa the last time. The protocol guy insisted I must go to him that if he was the vo that denied me visa last he will send me back to him so he can reassign me to someone else. But to my amazement the fellow didn't turn me back. He collected my i20 and my passport type something in his computer and immediately raised his head up and looked at me with this look of like I was the one that denied you visa last?
He the proceed with the interview
The transcript goes like this
Vo: why are you going to the us
Me: to pursue my professional masters of Engr in cyber security
Vo: so tell me more about this course
Me: me is a program in the faculty of engr. The course will equip and enable me to be able to design, implement and analyzed an organizations security policy, the course will help me design, implement and deploy cyber security solutions for protecting an organizations info resources , it will enable me design and implement the appropriate incidence handling procedures in the event of security breach, it will enable me design and implement secure software, it will enable me analyse the cyber vulnerability of an organization network against cyber attack and it will help me in attend to clients with a more sense of responsibility.
Vo: tell me how many more sch you applied other than this one
Me: 2
Vo: name them
Me:Utelp and UCM
Vo: why umd
Me: of the 3sch I applied to, the cyber security program in umd is consistently ranked among the top 25 graduate engr program in the us by usnews nd world report. Umd is home to world renowned faculty members and working experts who participate in teaching the course and conducting research in leading edge technology. Also the cyber security program at umd merges engr applications to computer principles. Also the student to faculty ratio at umd is 17: 1 which is good for academic standard.
Vo: are u married
Me: no
Vo: who is sponsoring you
Me:my elder brother
Me: he owns a shipping company
Vo: why will a shipping company want to sponsor a cyber securist
Me: actually he is sponsoring me because he wants me to come back and take up job with him as a cyber security professional. Where I will be saddled with the responsibilities of securing and managing the company's online presence especially the logistic aspect and the marine service
Vo type for a short while and say this the around your visa is approved you will be communicated by mail when your visa is ready take this white paper to enable you during collection.
Me at this moment I went blank and even forgot my folder on his desk their I just collected my i20 and the white paper as I was about leaving the next guy called me back to collect my folder.

My Observations
if you are reapplying after any denial, pls try and be consistent with your response something happen that day. The guy that was interviewed b4 me had a previous denial.this time around he came up with different response and the vo guy nabbed him cos they have all the details of your previous response. Some of his flaws are like this
Vo: how many sch did you apply to
Guy: 3 sch,
Vo now say the last time you were here you told my colleague you applied to one sch. The guy was mute he couldn't respond in defence to his new response
Vo: who is sponsoring you
Guy: my father
Guy: he is into export and import bla bla bla
Vo now say the last you came you told my colleague your dad is a lawyer. Guy was quite again. Vo now say sorry you are not qualified this time around again.

To God be the glory

17 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (514)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.