Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,766 members, 7,948,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 10:24 AM

Excess Scraps In Naija. Guys What Do We Do? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Excess Scraps In Naija. Guys What Do We Do? (547 Views)

We Buy Accident,problematic Vehicles,cars,bus,trucks,car Scraps And Your Abandon / Very Clean Mitsubishi L300 BUS (pritately Used In Naija For 1yr Plus) @390k only / Extra Clean 2k Toyota 4runner From Fhemmy Motos To Nyrol, Live In Naija Pixz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excess Scraps In Naija. Guys What Do We Do? by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 31, 2010
Hi guys, in a survey round naija esp d city of Ibadan where am based it's been noticed that many vehicles of different brands n problems av been abandoned in most mechanic workshops. Infact u can find up to 30 of such in a workshop. In our survey it was estimated that one could find as much as 400 btw Iwo road to d former Ibadan toll gate- leadin to osun state. The question I keep askin are- what abt d owners of such vehicles?Dont we've companies exportn scraps? What do we do? Reactions are needed. Comments
Re: Excess Scraps In Naija. Guys What Do We Do? by KunleA2(m): 10:17am On Mar 31, 2010
u have to crush them to send. no machinery to do that.
Re: Excess Scraps In Naija. Guys What Do We Do? by german007(m): 10:26am On Mar 31, 2010
Its simple,

*Nigeria as a country has to develop a recycling culture.

*Also, Another determinant factor is that a lot of those car owners perhaps could'nt afford the repair cost of the said vehicles at the time of breakdown, As a result of the time being taken to get funds to repair their cars, The cars develops further complications and end up being delapidated and abandoned.  cool   cool
Re: Excess Scraps In Naija. Guys What Do We Do? by Fhemmmy: 12:59pm On Mar 31, 2010
[b]Nigeria has to change some of their exportation laws

Scrap metals are one of the things that you cant easily export out of Nigeria. . . . .We tried it last year and year before but we met so much obstacles, and there are market for scrap metals out there, but we have greedy govt that would stop exportations/importations all cos of some certain group of interest.
So till all those changed, why would someone wanna waste money on buying the machine to take care of all those things.

Although, i could understand why the govt of Nigeria dont want people to export them, they want you to come and establish coys in Nigeria to process and all that, however, who in their right mind will go and invest in Nigeria in such a state that she is in?
No frequent electricity - Generator 24 X 7 and yet i am expected to make profit from my investment
NO Good road - How do i deliver my goods and services
No Security - People could come at night to steal most of all that is in the coy

Tell out govt to help, and Nigeria will be a better place[/b]
Re: Excess Scraps In Naija. Guys What Do We Do? by chelseabmw(m): 3:30pm On Mar 31, 2010
@Fhemmmy
Good point
Re: Excess Scraps In Naija. Guys What Do We Do? by Fhemmmy: 3:34pm On Mar 31, 2010
chelseabmw:

@Fhemmmy
Good point

My brother from the other Mom, i just tire for Nija oh . . . .Imagine why Nigerians are not allowed to import cements, and yet the price of cement in Nigeria is off the roof
Re: Excess Scraps In Naija. Guys What Do We Do? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 02, 2010
so wen do u think naija ll change 4 d best cox our resources re wasting big tym
Re: Excess Scraps In Naija. Guys What Do We Do? by Fhemmmy: 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2010
Sithanda:

so wen do u think naija ll change 4 d best cox our resources re wasting big tym

When we have leaders with vision
Re: Excess Scraps In Naija. Guys What Do We Do? by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 03, 2010
ppl like u and I
Re: Excess Scraps In Naija. Guys What Do We Do? by eros(m): 12:38am On Apr 04, 2010
I couldn't agree more with Fhemmmy on the short sightedness of the Nigeria leaders, who think every policy implemented should always favor them and their extended families. What dummies. angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Naija Use Honda Halla For Quick Sale / Brand New Cars At Great Prices / Nigerian Used 07 And Above Camry With Navigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.