Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,218 members, 7,910,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 02:41 AM

Nigeria Website Giant Role In Improving Technology Innovation. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigeria Website Giant Role In Improving Technology Innovation. (411 Views)

MTFE the giant steps to financial freedom.Hop in,earn in dollars on daily basis / Bulksms Marketing In Nigeria Website Freesmsplan.com / Everything You Need To Know About HTMLCOIN (the Sleeping Giant) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Website Giant Role In Improving Technology Innovation. by fnep2smooth(m): 3:57pm On Dec 11, 2017
I want to write about our very own web giant making life easy for Nigeria citizens through their services, information and entertainment. I am talking about the likes of Nairaland, lindaIkejiblog, Naijaloaded, Vconnect, BellaNaija, Naij , Jobberman and many more, these websites has dominate Nigeria web space but most of them or all of them have no other means of diverting their interest to other aspect just in case things change.

Nobody ever thought Yahoo will be sold, nobody every thought Google will be an household name but this never happened ordinarily, it took them hard work and great foresight before they could attain to this height and with the look of things they may still stay at that position for many more years.
Let’s take HiTV for instances, they started well but fail to maintain the top spot because of some financial mismanagement. The very reason Naijaloaded, NotJustOK, TooXcusive and other entertainment website are getting more traffic and exposure is because there is no infrastructure available to help our music industry to showcase their songs, looking at the type of services they render you will know it’s illegal and such services cannot be run in America or other advance country because they have a very strong policies and infrastructure to handle the interest of their artist.

What if things change and somehow we are able to get things right in combing piracy and other challenges the entertainment industry face, won’t these website go out of service or won’t they face a decline in the amount of revenue they earn? Each day more and more website are been created for music download which is very illegal, must time they release leak songs, videos or albums without the artist consent. In an organized country someone would have been jailed, but since our judiciary is a mess and there is no policies created to protect the artist you find things like this happen in an unorganized country like Nigeria.

Take for example Jobberman, they started very well and they have touch lives by linking people to their dream job but in and advance country where there are government agencies and institution available to handle job applications process. You don’t need to stay all day online to keep looking for job vacancy in a random website, all you need to do is just to walk into these agencies or institution and look for available job you can do.

Government has the opportunity to keep track of how many people are employed through the agencies or institutions and there are no stories of scam, maltreatment or any irregularities because they are been watch and monitor. When such institution is been establish in Nigeria where do you think Jobberman will be? they may still be in business but just like Naijaloaded their revenue and traffic to their website may decrease because people will find it easier to work into the institution close to their location to search for available job that meet their profession and not to keep sending hundreds of job applications online every time with no hope of being call or invite for interview.

I am very pleased with Vconnect because they started very great; I remember one of their first services they introduce to their website when they are just coming up. They give there visitors the chance to send free text message to any number which look more like a bulk sms but look at them today, they have move from that to a website where you can search for company address and contact number because they foreseen the future and they realize that that services may not be invoke in the future so they had to change, and that change has move them to one of Nigeria Search Engine for contact and address.

Nairaland is also doing great but I expect more from the owner than just leaving the website stagnant with unprofessional moderators who lack basic skills to handle millions of online users coming to the site on a daily basis, one of the reason I like Nairaland is the ability to load fast even with our poor network speed by our network provider. I expect Nairaland to divert the interest of the site to other advances aspect not just giving information but to create a platform for other services. They can invest their money in raising smaller website just like Google and Facebook, they need to create another power house for future purpose, because when our country internet infrastructure is fixed and more advance forum with great fixture are introduce I see Nairaland as the last choice for internet users.

The Nigeria Web Giant keeps bashing the government to diversify their economy when they have no other clue to diversify their website revenue. Facebook would have not shown interest to buy Instagram or Whatsapp if he feels the revenue he generated from his site is enough for him, Google would have only focus on their search engine and not buy YouTube or create Android OS if they think they are comfortable with the level they attend. But they didn’t because they believe no champion forever, they believe in upgrade and change. But I bet such ideas never come to our web giants mind, or they never think on investing their money on research to create more services to help shape our nation. I believe money is not a problem, if Naijaloaded can be paying 1 million naira monthly for hosting the website what is wrong if he invest more money to have its own hosting and well secured server. Most people will be saying we don’t have enough electricity but what about solar, to me solar is the future means of power generation after nuclear plant. With the huge money been realized from their website, having a full installed solar power created purposely for your business is the right step to go.

Let’s think outside the box and find a long lasting solution to make our country Nigeria to be great and more advance in Africa. Please you can drop your comment and suggestion on ways our Web Giant can improve technology innovation in Nigeria.

Thanks

Drop your comment below.

http://fnepshevoo..com.ng/2017/12/Nigeria-Website-giant-role-in-improving-technology-innovation.html

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Website Giant Role In Improving Technology Innovation. by fnep2smooth(m): 8:44am On Dec 14, 2017
Get more news about Nigeria @ http://fnepshevoo..com.ng
Re: Nigeria Website Giant Role In Improving Technology Innovation. by fnep2smooth(m): 9:52am On Mar 28, 2018
Visit Fnep Shevoo blog for more ........

(1) (Reply)

Get Daily 1% Bitcoin On An Investment With USI-TECH / What Can I Do To Earn Money Online?? / Mortgage Financing, Paying Rent And School Fees Through Mortgage Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.