Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,864 members, 7,872,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:03 AM

NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive (12770 Views)

Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants / NIMASA Carrying Out Secret Recruitment / The Nigerian Ports Authority Hereby Clarifies Secret Recruitment Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by Caseless: 8:01am On Dec 13, 2017
Hadiza, what's happening?
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by smilek(m): 8:06am On Dec 13, 2017
When say Yoruba are mumu dey get angry how do you become allies with Hausa man ,God am half Hausa my self but trust me my people are just after dey stomach what pain me most is am also half Yoruba the Yoruba are so mumu dat dey dont help all u hear dem say is we fellowing due process what useless due,wen a Hausa man wll give employment to 15 of his family member, I remember a friend of an immigration officer ones told me dat he was in the village wen his distance family an uncle called to get free ticket to work as immigration officer with just OND den others with degree got customers about 5 of them got different jobs in different agency so what have the Yoruba or Igbo man don for his family wen it come to Federal job

2 Likes

Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by mavinc4u(f): 8:06am On Dec 13, 2017
guywitzerogal:
If it was secret how did u heard about it....tell me

I am sorry but do you have brain at all? What kind of question is that? How many people can actually keep secrets, you forgot there are people that their mouth run like tap water; who will reveal the secret to others without realizing it.

1 Like

Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by waveman2: 8:12am On Dec 13, 2017
Government of the north and by the north only. Welcome to Nigeria.
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by just2endowed: 8:14am On Dec 13, 2017
This is the part where corruption is not stealing
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by bejeria101(m): 8:17am On Dec 13, 2017
247Dior:
Who is the presidency
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by SalamRushdie: 8:19am On Dec 13, 2017
Its a shame that the FG govt driven by nepotism has started holding secret recruitment interviews in private hotels instead of govt offices

1 Like

Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by Mourinho24: 8:28am On Dec 13, 2017
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]Yeye dey smell
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by fergie001: 8:29am On Dec 13, 2017
Originality007:
That is one the reason I like Hausa people, once they are made the chairman or head of any gov office, Dem go just employed their people full the place, weather u qualify or Not, even wen their is no vacancy that is y the population of unemployment hausa graduates is not much compare to Yourubas. but if na my fellow Yoruba's b the head of Gov ministry all what dey will tell u is, Ko ti si aaye, ijoba o ti bere si no gbayan, (No vacancy, gov has not begin to recruit) or they will tell you, You study Economics but we need someone who study Agric Economics, they will just give you one excuse.. that is y if you go to NPA or any fed ministry na this Hausas full there.

You are very wrong.
Igbos are the WORSTEST.
Shey,Yoruba will still help,Yoruba will speak Yoruba to you.

An Igbo man will tell you to speak English that it is official work.
For all the support of gej and igbos in that cabinet,tell them to do a roll call of people employed,you will see that if it is not their direct sons and daughters,then it is nobody.
That's y I dislike Buhari for his bigotry and violence,but unsympathetic to Jonathan's loss.na Dem Dem.
Yorubas are trying,ask Osinbajo and Tinubu,ask yourself,how many recruitment Bonanza happened under GEJ,except you hear,so so so ate billions,without recourse to help someone who will help someone.
So,Yorubas are learners in that aspect.
I might dislike Buhari for all his bigotry,but we are our own problems.We are told to diversify,become entrepreneurs,become independent and all that,with ordinary belle,abi?
Let them put all their brothers there,serves us right.

cc: smilek

2 Likes

Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by Welcomme: 8:33am On Dec 13, 2017
Nice one from her. Hausas are just taking all what belongs to all of us cuz they don't give a Bleep about dye process or anything. Once they are there, they try to see how they can help their brothers. In my former area, a month will hardly go by that you won't hear that an Hausa guy has gotten a fed job or paramilitary. Other tribes are just too foolish. I no go lie, I am a Yoruba guy but Yorubas dont help themselves at all. Almost all my Hausa course mates that we graduated together have all gotten a state or fed govt job.
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by Mekanus(m): 8:33am On Dec 13, 2017
Originality007:
That is one the reason I like Hausa people, once they are made the chairman or head of any gov office, Dem go just employed their people full the place, weather u qualify or Not, even wen their is no vacancy that is y the population of unemployment hausa graduates is not much compare to Yourubas. but if na my fellow Yoruba's b the head of Gov ministry all what dey will tell u is, Ko ti si aaye, ijoba o ti bere si no gbayan, (No vacancy, gov has not begin to recruit) or they will tell you, You study Economics but we need someone who study Agric Economics, they will just give you one excuse.. that is y if you go to NPA office lagos or any fed ministry na this Hausas full there.
My brother, Igbo's are even worst. If an Igbo man is in a position to give job, he will rather sell the slot to Hausa's than give it to his kinsmen.
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by haryorbarmie83(m): 8:44am On Dec 13, 2017
God deliver us from this wicked set people and touch their mind to absorb Npower volunteers.
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by 41sabo(m): 8:45am On Dec 13, 2017
Actualy; if u hv no body to stand for u in dis con3 u wil cry nd wail until u can cry nd wail no more.
My advice to d poor/average mases lets just pray nd keep applyin 4 npower.
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by maasoap(m): 8:52am On Dec 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Aggressive promulgation of the Northern Agenda.
No be today. Stella did the same in aviation by employing only graduates from the South East and few from the South South. Nothing happened after that till today. She even sacked some senior workers and make fresh recruits from the SE heads of departments.
WE ARE ALL THE SAME.
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by shankara7: 8:58am On Dec 13, 2017
maximunimpact:
• The process commenced since last year, says NPA

The Managing Director, Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), Ms Hadiza Bala-Usman has commenced secret recruitment into the agency, contrary to the Federal Government’s directive that all Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDAs) should halt fresh recruitment till further notice.

President Muhammadu Buhari during his presentation of the 2018 Budget to the National Assembly had placed embargo on recruitment into federal MDAs.

According to Buhari the embargo was to enable government manage a rising personnel expenditure that was expected to increase to 12 per cent in 2018, adding that the overhead cost would also rise by N26billion in 2018 or 12 per cent increase in unchecked.

But in a flagrant disregard of the presidential directive, Bala-Usman, has begun secret recruitment into the authority.Investigations showed that A series of recruitment exercise was done on November 10, which held at the Tahir Guest Palace, Kano State by the Human Resource Manager, Bukar Yahaya, for selected applicants.

It was further gathered that the Kano recruitment was sequel to a similar one that was done in the North-Eastern part of the country. The applicants, according to sources converged at AbdulAzeez Yari Conference hall of the Tahir Guest Palace.

The Guardian learnt that the selected applicants were handpicked because they had connections to influential individuals in the society.However, the General Manager, Corporate &Strategic Communications, NPA, Abdulllahi Goje, declared the allegation as “far from the truth, as this process started over one year ago as evident in advertisements for recruitment placed in the November 11, 2016 editions of Daily Sun, The Nation, and Daily Trust newspapers.
“This exercise also followed the procedure laid down by the Federal Government. In accordance with extant requirements by Nigerian laws, the NPA observed the following processes:

“The vacancies were widely advertised in national dailies, and examination conducted across the six geo political zones of the country by reputable consultants.

“The vacancies were also well publicised on the recruitment portal of the Authority’s website. The Federal Character Commission (FCC), is fully involved in this recruitment exercise. Interviews took place across the six geo-political locations.”

But a staff of NPA, who preferred anonymity, confirmed to The Guardian that the recruitment was handled by a special agent.The source insisted: “What they are doing is secrete recruitment. We are not aware of any employment opportunity. We were not told, and it was not published in the newspapers and it was not announced to the staff. Somebody like me has a candidate, but I had no opportunity to recommend him. What we only saw is that they have done interviews for their selected candidates.”

The National President, National Council of Managing Directors of Licensed Customs Agents (NCMDLCA), ‎Lucky Amiwero, said it is cynical for a Federal Government agency to embark on secret recruitment.

He said there is a need for Nigerians to react to this by suing the agency for embarking on recruitment in a section of the country without making it public.His words: “‎Why should a federal government agency embark on recruitment in a section of the country? That is cynical. It is illegal, it contravenes the constitution, it contravenes the principle of federal character, and it is wrong and must be rejected in its entirety.”

Amiwero, who stated that the Agency doesn’t belong to a section of the country, asked the management of the agency to cancel the process or expect legal action.

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2017/12/13/npa-begins-secret-recruitment-presidential-directive/

Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Seun
FG didn't place any embargo on employment. The instruction was for the presidency and the civil service commission to be carried along before any employment.
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by Codes151(m): 9:06am On Dec 13, 2017
A country with no future
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by Disneylady(f): 9:13am On Dec 13, 2017
And me be searching for NPA job chai
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by joe120120(m): 9:26am On Dec 13, 2017
NK said it, they send army to him and send him and his family packing.. Nigeria is rule by the North undermine every other side of the country.
let Nigeria divide because we in the south that have sea by our backyard should not work in zafara, we should work in koko or patani as Npa staff.
Nigeria is a fraud
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by bidemi1190: 9:30am On Dec 13, 2017
Of a truth hausa people dey help oh! 3 weeks back I read a guys comment here on recruitment at DIA. I placed a call to a 2 star general who called the people incharge of training and I was shocked they did their recruitment last year. Bros most yoruba pple wont do it for you. I have uncles in top places but I will rather ask our hausa family friends because of their humbility and willingness to assist. First quarter of next year they were will be recruiting

2 Likes

Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by Oksman(m): 9:57am On Dec 13, 2017
[quote author=guywitzerogal post=63235621]If it was secret how did u heard about it....tell me[/quo
te]

cheesy cheesy Haven't you heard that the walls have ears?
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by captainhenry: 9:59am On Dec 13, 2017
What kind of a country are we in??these recruitment process started a year ago.it was dully advertised and publicized for INTERESTED applicants to apply online or submit their application letter and cv to NPA. after the applications,applicants were grouped according to their geopolitical zones of which we have six in Nigeria for the aptitude tests.i have friends that are from various parts of the country that got invited for the exams. Some were successful,others were not.the successful ones were later invited for Oral interview still according to the 6 geopolitical zones and are awaiting to know if they were successful or not.i dont know why Nigerians are like this,if you check the person laying all this accusations you will discover that he has people that wrote this exams and failed woefully and after trying to use his failed connections to get them into the" list he might have seen" decided to come out and say gibberish about the management of NPA.to say the truth i made it to the interview stage and i have no one in power when i mean no one i mean no soul at all related to my family.He should go and relax because we all know the tactics he is employing to cause uproar in the country.i just pray to God Hajia Bala Usman can stand her ground against the wiles of scrupulous and mischievous people like mr Lucky Amiwero,his accusations are baseless and without facts and i urge My Fellow Nigerians to ignore this man and his devious tactics to turn events to his personal favour. If ypu never heard about this employment its probably because you were busy doing other things with your Megabytes because this adverts made rounds everywhere in Nigeria.can you call a job that over 10000 people applied for as secretive??as a matter of facts NPA is a specialized Agency for seafares and their likes.Did u graduate from a maritime institutions to merit applying for these jobs??you can go on to GOOGLE NPA recruitment 2016 and you will be left dumbfounded by this baseless accusations by a man in such a pivotal position as mr Lucky..Shame on you sir because you wont succeed.

2 Likes

Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by Delbam: 10:21am On Dec 13, 2017
Originality007:
That is one the reason I like Hausa people, once they are made the chairman or head of any gov office, Dem go just employed their people full the place, weather u qualify or Not, even wen their is no vacancy that is y the population of unemployment hausa graduates is not much compare to Yourubas. but if na my fellow Yoruba's b the head of Gov ministry all what dey will tell u is, Ko ti si aaye, ijoba o ti bere si no gbayan, (No vacancy, gov has not begin to recruit) or they will tell you, You study Economics but we need someone who study Agric Economics, they will just give you one excuse.. that is y if you go to NPA office lagos or any fed ministry na this Hausas full there.

You are absolutely right my brother. They make you realised they are following due process by employing the right people but those in north are different in that aspect so long your educated.
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by Kpandex(m): 11:47am On Dec 13, 2017
Confirmed. I read a post on Npower Community group where a guy from Kano state displaced his appointment letter from the said agency, and some of the beneficiaries (npowerites)asked him when and where the publication/publicity was made that some people weren't aware?
In Nigeria, it is a known fact that only those who have people on the top that will be there.
Only Npower scheme that seems to be transparent.
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by Ginaruby: 4:10pm On Dec 13, 2017
The Nigerian Ports Authority hereby clarifies a report in the Monday, December 11, 2017 edition of Daily Sun with the headline: “NPA commences secret staff recruitment”

The report insinuated that the Authority has embarked on some secret recruitment against directives by President Muhammadu Buhari that Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDA’s) of government should embargo fresh recruitments.

The Authority states that nothing could be farther from the truth as this process started over one year ago as evident in advertisements for recruitment placed in the November 11, 2016 editions of Daily Sun, The Nation and Daily Trust newspapers. This exercise also followed the procedure laid down by the Federal Government. In accordance with extant requirements by Nigerian laws, the NPA observed the following processes:

The vacancies were widely advertised in national dailies and examination conducted across the six geo political zones of the country by reputable consultants
The vacancies were also well publicized on the recruitment portal of the Authority’s website
The Federal Character Commission (FCC) is fully involved in this recruitment exercise.
Interviews took place across the six geo-political locations
The management of the NPA reassures all Nigerians of its commitment of the rule of law and compliance to government rules, regulations and directives across board.

Abdulllahi Goje

General Manager,
Corporate &Strategic Communications

1 Like

Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by Masterfya(m): 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2017
captainhenry:
What kind of a country are we in??these recruitment process started a year ago.it was dully advertised and publicized for INTERESTED applicants to apply online or submit their application letter and cv to NPA. after the applications,applicants were grouped according to their geopolitical zones of which we have six in Nigeria for the aptitude tests.i have friends that are from various parts of the country that got invited for the exams. Some were successful,others were not.the successful ones were later invited for Oral interview still according to the 6 geopolitical zones and are awaiting to know if they were successful or not.i dont know why Nigerians are like this,if you check the person laying all this accusations you will discover that he has people that wrote this exams and failed woefully and after trying to use his failed connections to get them into the" list he might have seen" decided to come out and say gibberish about the management of NPA.to say the truth i made it to the interview stage and i have no one in power when i mean no one i mean no soul at all related to my family.He should go and relax because we all know the tactics he is employing to cause uproar in the country.i just pray to God Hajia Bala Usman can stand her ground against the wiles of scrupulous and mischievous people like mr Lucky Amiwero,his accusations are baseless and without facts and i urge My Fellow Nigerians to ignore this man and his devious tactics to turn events to his personal favour. If ypu never heard about this employment its probably because you were busy doing other things with your Megabytes because this adverts made rounds everywhere in Nigeria.can you call a job that over 10000 people applied for as secretive??as a matter of facts NPA is a specialized Agency for seafares and their likes.Did u graduate from a maritime institutions to merit applying for these jobs??you can go on to GOOGLE NPA recruitment 2016 and you will be left dumbfounded by this baseless accusations by a man in such a pivotal position as mr Lucky..Shame on you sir because you wont succeed.
Thank you for your clarification. I don't know where to start my explanation but I'm part of this recruitment from the advertisement to the aptitude test and to interview stage. And finally we are still waiting for the interview results. Please Nigerians for the sake of integrity and righteousness, we should try and verify what are told before we "act" or "say" anything insidious and inappropriate.

1 Like

Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by guywitzerogal(m): 9:16pm On Dec 13, 2017
mavinc4u:

I am sorry but do you have brain at all? What kind of question is that? How many people can actually keep secrets, you forgot there are people that their mouth run like tap water; who will reveal the secret to others without realizing it.
u re sick upstairs and ur brain s seriously paining u, if not how will u b so stupid and crazy to change jst a simple question to abuse...if u have a family abuse problem pls kindly see a phycologist or surrender ursef to Aro for mental check up....animal
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by mavinc4u(f): 11:14pm On Dec 13, 2017
guywitzerogal:
u re sick upstairs and ur brain s seriously paining u, if not how will u b so stupid and crazy to change jst a simple question to abuse...if u have a family abuse problem pls kindly see a phycologist or surrender ursef to Aro for mental check up....animal

Can't you see you are the one with a brain problem. You asked a simple question and I replied you with a simple and honest answer in a rhetoric but instead you started insulting your generations. It is a pity that the person that did this to you is no more otherwise I would have asked him to reverse whatever he did to you so you can have a bit sense of reasoning. Empty barrel.
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by guywitzerogal(m): 1:26am On Dec 14, 2017
mavinc4u:

Can't you see you are the one with a brain problem. You asked a simple question and I replied you with a simple and honest answer in a rhetoric but instead you started insulting your generations. It is a pity that the person that did this to you is no more otherwise I would have asked him to reverse whatever he did to you so you can have a bit sense of reasoning. Empty barrel.
so for ur village askin if sumone has brain s a simple answer Ur stupidity s first class
Re: NPA Begins Secret Recruitment Against Presidential Directive by mavinc4u(f): 7:13am On Dec 14, 2017
guywitzerogal:
so for ur village askin if sumone has brain s a simple answer Ur stupidity s first class

And you want to tell me that throwing that tantrum is a simple question in your locality?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply For BBC World Service Fresh Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / Nigerian Breweries Sales Executive Test / Civil Defence Recruitment 2017 – Apply For NSCDC Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.