Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,202 members, 7,903,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:44 AM

Why You Really Can't Pay Your Tithe Even If You Want To - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Really Can't Pay Your Tithe Even If You Want To (406 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Really Can't Pay Your Tithe Even If You Want To by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 13, 2017
Giving is biblical and Christianly, while paying tithe is biblical but not Christianly. Just like physically killing your enemies is biblical but not Christianly. It is THE LAW.

If someone's after tax earning is #100,556, it therefore means that his tithe is #10055.6 (This portends for several salary earners I know).

Now this is the problem with the Law which you CANNOT fulfill. How do you give the 6 kobo in the above figure? (This was Christ's exemplification in Matt 23)

NO ONE can be justified by the law.

So preach giving and not tithing. The old testament is 10%, the New testament is YOUR ALL.

And by the way, I think it's theologically irresponsible to adduce to Christ an act he never performed.

I repeat, let's be silent on what the epistles are silent about.

cc: rejosom, lalasticlala
Re: Why You Really Can't Pay Your Tithe Even If You Want To by Jochabed(f): 8:49am On Dec 13, 2017
I know a man,who gave God 90% and he kept the 10%. He never knew poverty again. Tithe is too important to ignore.
Re: Why You Really Can't Pay Your Tithe Even If You Want To by rejosom(m): 8:55am On Dec 13, 2017
Jochabed:
I know a man,who gave God 90% and he kept the 10%. He never knew poverty again. Tithe is too important to ignore.

I don't want to doubt you because I wasn't with you when it happened. But it will help in the credibility of your story if you can answer these questions honestly:

How did he give to God?
Is 90% tithe?
Did he reinvest the 10% or did God magically threw him out o poverty?
Re: Why You Really Can't Pay Your Tithe Even If You Want To by Jochabed(f): 10:49am On Dec 13, 2017
rejosom:

I don't want to doubt you because I wasn't with you when it happened. But it will help in the credibility of your story if you can answer these questions honestly:

How did he give to God?
Is 90% tithe?
Did he reinvest the 10% or did God magically threw him out o poverty?
90% is not tithe,but the man said how can he give God 10% and keep 90%. He said he better give to God the 90 while he keeps the 10. That was a risky move, so God decided to bless him in abundance. God said it in the bible, that if we tithe, we should try him and see if he will not open the windows of heaven and rain down unto us Blessings.
Re: Why You Really Can't Pay Your Tithe Even If You Want To by spongeisback: 10:53am On Dec 13, 2017
I also know a man that gave 100% and today he asked me for #400. Wonder what's delaying "the windows of heaven" from opening. grin
Jochabed:
Re: Why You Really Can't Pay Your Tithe Even If You Want To by rejosom(m): 10:59am On Dec 13, 2017
Jochabed:
90% is not tithe,but the man said how can he give God 10% and keep 90%. He said he better give to God the 90 while he keeps the 10. That was a risky move, so God decided to bless him in abundance. God said it in the bible, that if we tithe, we should try him and see if he will not open the windows of heaven and rain down unto us Blessings.

But you know that you only answered just one question? Is 90% thithe?

Please try and attempt the others.... How did he give to God? How did God bless him? Did he reinvest the 10%. Is he still giving God 90%?
Re: Why You Really Can't Pay Your Tithe Even If You Want To by godisgood200: 11:11am On Dec 13, 2017
Johnzzy:
Giving is biblical and Christianly, while paying tithe is biblical but not Christianly. Just like physically killing your enemies is biblical but not Christianly. It is THE LAW.

If someone's after tax earning is #100,556, it therefore means that his tithe is #10055.6 (This portends for several salary earners I know).

Now this is the problem with the Law which you CANNOT fulfill. How do you give the 6 kobo in the above figure? (This was Christ's exemplification in Matt 23)

NO ONE can be justified by the law.

So preach giving and not tithing. The old testament is 10%, the New testament is YOUR ALL.

And by the way, I think it's theologically irresponsible to adduce to Christ an act he never performed.

I repeat, let's be silent on what the epistles are silent about.

cc: rejosom, lalasticlala
Unbelievers thinking they can talk Bible. What is Christianly?

Now pls anwer this, Did tithing originate with the Law of Moses and should it end with it?
Re: Why You Really Can't Pay Your Tithe Even If You Want To by godisgood200: 11:13am On Dec 13, 2017
spongeisback:
I also know a man that gave 100% and today he asked me for #400. Wonder what's delaying "the windows of heaven" from opening. grin
Did YHWH say if you pay Tithe he will give you money?

(1) (Reply)

The Right Place To Pay Your Tithe / “A Governor And 3 Senators Will Die This Year” / Day 8. Thursday 18th Jan 2018. 2018 50 Days RCCG Fasting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.