Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,601 members, 7,885,487 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 10:26 AM

Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. (2822 Views)

Umahi Distributes Made-In-Ebonyi Rice To Workers For Christmas (pics) / INNOSON Donates 21 Buses To Support Gej's Re-election / 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by Fhemmmy: 4:02pm On Apr 01, 2010
emisun:

Until i don't get to be driven either from or into the school by these buses,i must say its a good development

Really?
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by Dominoifet(m): 4:18pm On Apr 01, 2010
@emisun:Until i don't get to be driven either from or into the school by these buses,i must say its a good development.

Hah hah?!!!
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by Rastamann: 4:21pm On Apr 01, 2010
Buses for what? they should provide enough funds to help equip our labs and library and promote better scholarship. There are many labs with no chemicals and students do practicals with water. there are many computer departments with only one or no functional computer, there are agric departments with no tractor and other equipments for mechanised farming and yet they think that buses is the best things to provide for the higher institutions. Our medicals schools lack vital equipments to help train our medical students, so why buy buses?
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by Fhemmmy: 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2010
Rastamann:

Buses for what? they should provide enough funds to help equip our labs and library and promote better scholarship. There are many labs with no chemicals and students do practicals with water. there are many computer departments with only one or no functional computer, there are agric departments with no tractor and other equipments for mechanised farming and yet they think that buses is the best things to provide for the higher institutions. Our medicals schools lack vital equipments to help train our medical students, so why buy buses?

No worry, the buses will solve all the problem now . . . . .
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by Dominoifet(m): 4:36pm On Apr 01, 2010
@Rastamann

"There are many labs with no chemicals and students do practicals with water"

Lol. So there is water inplace of chemicals? The buses will probably run on that too
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by gentlegg(m): 5:28pm On Apr 01, 2010
2billion naira divided by 138bushes, gives 14.5million per bus.

This price simply tells me the truth about the bus project. Somebody is already smiling somewhere. Nonsense
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by Fhemmmy: 6:11pm On Apr 01, 2010
gentlegg:

This price simply tells me the truth about the bus project. Somebody is already smiling somewhere. Nonsense

That was the whole idea . . .
Most project in Nigeria never happens till someone in the govt or some people up there needs some money . . . .what an easy way to generate fund for their own private use
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by perturbed(m): 6:38pm On Apr 01, 2010
This is a ploy to defraud and that is the reason for misplacing priority, I wonder when our govt will start doing the right things that will benefit the masses as against their individual pockets.
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by An0nimus: 6:40pm On Apr 01, 2010
gentlegg:

undecided
can't help remembering a surveying practical I did sometime ago and learnt my department has just one measuring tape.God dey sha.
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by An0nimus: 6:40pm On Apr 01, 2010
gentlegg:

undecided
can't help remembering a surveying practical I did sometime ago and learnt my department has just one measuring tape.God dey sha.
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by eros(m): 6:46pm On Apr 01, 2010
Federal Govt will always find a way to steal public fund and pretend they are doing the masses a favor. Buses my foot, like they are needed in the tertiary institutions. Two years after these same buses will become the V.C. private property which will be used as public transport.
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by Fhemmmy: 6:51pm On Apr 01, 2010
eros:

Federal Govt will always find a way to steal public fund and pretend they are doing the masses a favor. Buses my foot, like they are needed in the tertiary institutions. Two years after these same buses will become the V.C. private property which will be used as public transport.

That is Nigeria for you
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by okenwa(m): 7:09pm On Apr 01, 2010
i think i can hail this achievement grin grin grin grin
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by Fhemmmy: 7:51pm On Apr 01, 2010
okenwa:

i think i can hail this achievement grin grin grin grin

Wat exactly have the achieved?
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by An0nimus: 8:37pm On Apr 01, 2010
^^^alleviating our transportation problems?
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by member479760: 9:11pm On Apr 01, 2010
It's better than doing nothing: within the 2 years, those buses will be on, it will create jobs and easing the issues of mass transit faced in the above environment.
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by ucnduka(f): 10:59pm On Apr 01, 2010
Honestly, our leaders think with their backsides. 138buses/69 institutions= 2buses per institution; tell me how that would make the acute transportation problem history in a university of over 45,000 students? And to think they spent N2 bn. So, even after the long ASUU strikes, these i.d.i.ots still don't know the real problems affecting our tertiary institutions. What a pity!
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by ziga: 12:12am On Apr 02, 2010
I don't understand how providing buses for transportation to Nigerian universities is perceived as a bad thing by Nairalanders.

Anyway, @post

I think if the buses are put to good use, they will help a lot of students. Even if its for a short time. However, the educational system in Naija, needs a lot more.
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by Redman44(m): 12:23am On Apr 02, 2010
This is not the first time the Federal Government will be giving out Buses to our tertiary institutions sad sad Our leaders donated Buses to Nigerian Universities through the Petroleum Trust Fund [ PTF ]. UI got two of the big buses and the Student Union Department of the school was given one of the buses. I know how the bus was driven badly, battered and left to rust in the rain. I did not see the other bus for a long time but I heard it was parked in The Vice Chancellor's lodge [ I don't know if this is true o ]. Our Universities have a bad maintenance culture. Personally, I feel the FG should have used the 2 Billion Naira to bring University and Polytechnic libraries to a high standard. E-libraries are not too expensive to set up nowadays. May God help our leaders. Hmn.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by Fhemmmy: 1:17am On Apr 02, 2010
^^^ Sure know this will be the faith of these ones too
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by ban1(m): 6:00am On Apr 02, 2010
Let's wait and see. its too early to complain. This is jonathan
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by oluagness(m): 9:24am On Apr 02, 2010
If N2b job is provided, it will be better. Every student gets to school at will.
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by chivo: 1:07pm On Apr 04, 2010
It seems most you here knows the direct solutions to Nigerian problems,honestly you guys should ahead and contest electıon in other to practicalize what you preach, because virtually every moves and steps by the government are been offensively criticised every moment every time.
Re: Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. by Main2tain(m): 5:45pm On Apr 04, 2010
Yeah, bla bla bla, Nig educn would stepup if our leader would b proud enough 2 snd dir siblin 2 our tertiar instit.
chivo:

It seems most you here knows the direct solutions to Nigerian problems,honestly you guys should ahead and contest electıon in other to practicalize what you preach, because virtually every moves and steps by the government are been offensively criticised every moment every time.
grin
chivo:

(1) (2) (Reply)

234next: Yoruba Newspaper Reclaiming Nigeria's Good Name Soiled By The Ibos / Pension Reforms Task Team Uncovers 71,133 Ghost Pensioners / "You Are Not A Public Officer", Fashola Rebuke Patience Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.