Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,283 members, 7,950,472 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 02:49 PM

George Clooney Gifts 14 Of His Friends $1million Each For Helping Him - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / George Clooney Gifts 14 Of His Friends $1million Each For Helping Him (512 Views)

MC Galaxy Gifts Ubi Franklin N3m For Helping Him Pay His House Rent 7 Years Ago / "Illuminati Agent" Offers Don Jazzy $1million If He Joins / "Davido Killed Tagbo, Chime, DJ Olu, 3 Of His Friends": Fan; Davido Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

George Clooney Gifts 14 Of His Friends $1million Each For Helping Him by BolajiBanwo: 10:51pm On Dec 13, 2017
There are good friends, there are great friends, and, apparently, there is George Clooney.

Rande Gerber, a businessman and longtime friend of the actor, told MSNBC’s “Headliners” that Clooney once gave 14 friends $1 million each and paid their taxes for a year.

"There's a group of guys that we call ‘The Boys.' George had called me and ‘The Boys' and said, ‘Hey, mark September 27, 2013 on your calendar. Everyone's going to come to my house for dinner,” Gerber recalled. When George's dinner guests arrived they found black suitcases at each of their spots around a table, and the Suburbicon director shared a special message to the men who helped him early in his career.

Rande explained, "George begins to say, 'Listen, I want you guys to know how much you've meant to me and how much you mean to me in my life. I came to L.A., I slept on your couch. I'm so fortunate in my life to have all of you and I couldn't be where I am today without all of you. So, it was really important to me that while we're still all here together, that I give back. So I want you all to open your suitcases.'" Inside was $1 million. As Gerber remembered it, "Every one of us—14 of us—got a million dollars. Every single one of us. We're in shock. Like, what is this? .

He goes, 'I know we've all been through some hard times, some of you are still going through it. You don't have to worry about your kids, you don't have to worry about, you know, school, you don't have to worry about paying your mortgage.'" And George said, ‘Not only that, I have paid everyone's taxes so this million dollars is yours.'"

Gerber described this never-before-heard story as a testament to Clooney's character, adding, "This is who George is."

http://www.ultrajamz.website/george-clooney-gifts-14-of-his-friends-1million-each-for-helping-him/

Re: George Clooney Gifts 14 Of His Friends $1million Each For Helping Him by verygudbadguy(m): 11:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
Never forget the people who helped you up. Especially friends whom you shared plates of food with and bottles of drink. Do not grow shoulder pads tomorrow and say I can't mingle with those poor rats.

Example is what Clooney did. 1million USD is equivalent to 360m in Naira. Imagine that you can buy a newly built mansion in Lekki, start a business and do so many good things out of that. Be generous to people. You never can tell who will bring you up later in life. I heard a story of how one of uncles became Commissioner in Oyo state courtesy of a his friend adopted and trained by our family.

Be good to people.

1 Like

Re: George Clooney Gifts 14 Of His Friends $1million Each For Helping Him by marshalldgreat(m): 11:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Tekno Having Fun In His Studio As He Produces Beautiful Beats For His Song / Cool New Photos Of Veteran Actor Saint Obi, See Photos... / Actor Ositha Iheme Opens Up A New Hotel In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.